Visa Appeals

michoumb

hi , my finaces appeal has been allowed but the embassy are asking for more documents i.e bank statements and payslips and proof of accomodation . they already have proof of my accomodation cos i submitted it with the appeal bundle . im just worried that they are going to try to find away to stop the visa eventhough they havent appealed the judges decission . any advice ?

Trulymadlydeeply

Not heard of that scenario before??? If it has been allowed why do they want more documents?? Strange...

Congratulations :)

stephstanley

hi , my finaces appeal has been allowed but the embassy are asking for more documents i.e bank statements and payslips and proof of accomodation . they already have proof of my accomodation cos i submitted it with the appeal bundle . im just worried that they are going to try to find away to stop the visa eventhough they havent appealed the judges decission . any advice ?
If the appeal was successful shouldnt he have got a visa as a result? Strange :confused: May it be possible that they might be confirming circumstances are the same and you still have the funds to support him and stuff as the paperwork is older?

michoumb

i think thats what they might be doing , its just iv never heard of that before . my circumstances havent changed anyway so it should be ok , i hope ?
has this happened to anyone else x

MellieC

Not heard of that scenario before??? If it has been allowed why do they want more documents?? Strange...

Congratulations :)
not a scenario that has come up before to my knowledge ~ seems like they want to check the circumstances are still the same, which is and isn't relevant.

be prepared for silliness on thier part!!

houcine

hello everybody

i married to purebred english citizen i applied for a visa settlment on 5 august in british embassy in tunis my wife have 24 years old an i have 28 years old and i think our relation is acceptable we met each others 3 times in tunis and we have married in 10 november 2009 then embassy answer me in 12 august 2010 and they give me appeal chance because my application is refused for the reasons that i have not provided paper of work of me or incoming , my wife work part time and she is not able to maintain me in UK , and i stated that i ll live with my wife in her mother's rent house then i didnt provide evidance that proof she is only living with her mother and if the house is enough for confortable living and if her mother accept me to live with her just i note that my wife is in her last weeks of pregnany too so i have done an appeal against that decision in 30 august and i supplied the necessary documents i explain you below:

first: i have provide letter from me i say that i m in good relation with my wife and our relation is out from any benifit or profit meanings and for more further we waiting for a baby soon.

second: i provide work paper from my boss and saving paper show that i have about 500£ in my account and they are under my exclusive control.

third: i provide a letter from the stroud council part of rent of my wife's mother proof that she accept me to live with her and the house is suitable for confortable life and enough.

fourth: i considered my situation is emergency and i 'm sure that you respect that because my wife ll nearly born are son and she ll broke her to be away to her in that day then i provide too a letter from her doctor explain her bad psychologic situation and how much i should be with her as soon also for lots of hospital stuff and blood tests too.

fifth: i have provide a signed letter from my wife's mother that she ll support me with money with her slips while my wife is not in good health situation to have full time work .

finally: supporting to the above conditions have i right to get a near answer about my visa appeal? and how much it take time speacilly embassy say that my appeal ll be reviewed from an other visa manager before to bring to the immigration law and i m just insisiting about the humanity side that i m all trustfull you respect it and she ll really be hard for my wife to be away in the day that she ll born the baby soon and i wish i can have near answer and be with her in the last few weeks she need me.

thank you so much for all the help you can give us

ROULLA

Hi Houcine hope that you and your family are all in good health! Welcome to T.com, i really do hope that you enjoy it like we all do..
Is your wife in Tunisia with you now or is she in the UK ? If i am not mistaken your wife has only a few weeks before she gives birth am i correct in saying that ?
I will put you in the right direction so that you can have a read through..
http://forum.tunisia.com/visas-revoked-appeals/

MellieC

Hi houcine,

I am sorry that you did not know to put those documents in with the visa application it might have been different for you.

I don't know if the review will mean you get the visa, as anyone would think that your wifes situation was serious but its not enough for compassionate grounds, you never know, maybe the ECO will think kindly for you.

if not you will possibly have a long wait before the appeal is heard.

michoumb

not a scenario that has come up before to my knowledge ~ seems like they want to check the circumstances are still the same, which is and isn't relevant.

be prepared for silliness on thier part!!
yeah thats what im thinking , aparently they can re-refuse the visa if the circumstances have changed (they havent ) . my concern is that they asked for 6 months bank statements and pay slips but didnt specify to marwan how many so iv sent all i have which is only about 10 weeks worth but iv gave all the bank statements which show my wages going in - who thinks this will be a problem ?

L

Lissy

hello everybody

i married to purebred english citizen i applied for a visa settlment on 5 august in british embassy in tunis my wife have 24 years old an i have 28 years old and i think our relation is acceptable we met each others 3 times in tunis and we have married in 10 november 2009 then embassy answer me in 12 august 2010 and they give me appeal chance because my application is refused for the reasons that i have not provided paper of work of me or incoming , my wife work part time and she is not able to maintain me in UK , and i stated that i ll live with my wife in her mother's rent house then i didnt provide evidance that proof she is only living with her mother and if the house is enough for confortable living and if her mother accept me to live with her just i note that my wife is in her last weeks of pregnany too so i have done an appeal against that decision in 30 august and i supplied the necessary documents i explain you below:

first: i have provide letter from me i say that i m in good relation with my wife and our relation is out from any benifit or profit meanings and for more further we waiting for a baby soon.

second: i provide work paper from my boss and saving paper show that i have about 500£ in my account and they are under my exclusive control.

third: i provide a letter from the stroud council part of rent of my wife's mother proof that she accept me to live with her and the house is suitable for confortable life and enough.

fourth: i considered my situation is emergency and i 'm sure that you respect that because my wife ll nearly born are son and she ll broke her to be away to her in that day then i provide too a letter from her doctor explain her bad psychologic situation and how much i should be with her as soon also for lots of hospital stuff and blood tests too.

fifth: i have provide a signed letter from my wife's mother that she ll support me with money with her slips while my wife is not in good health situation to have full time work .

finally: supporting to the above conditions have i right to get a near answer about my visa appeal? and how much it take time speacilly embassy say that my appeal ll be reviewed from an other visa manager before to bring to the immigration law and i m just insisiting about the humanity side that i m all trustfull you respect it and she ll really be hard for my wife to be away in the day that she ll born the baby soon and i wish i can have near answer and be with her in the last few weeks she need me.

thank you so much for all the help you can give us
As much as I would love to think the Embassy would speed up their decisions based on emergency situations, in reality they don't. Keep strong and just make sure all the documents you are putting in are correct.

Good luck with the appeal

MellieC

yeah thats what im thinking , aparently they can re-refuse the visa if the circumstances have changed (they havent ) . my concern is that they asked for 6 months bank statements and pay slips but didnt specify to marwan how many so iv sent all i have which is only about 10 weeks worth but iv gave all the bank statements which show my wages going in - who thinks this will be a problem ?
do you mean that they have asked for the payslips AFTER the appeal hearing?

I suggest you contact your local CAB or immigration ADVISOR.

MellieC

As much as I would love to think the Embassy would speed up their decisions based on emergency situations, in reality they don't. Keep strong and just make sure all the documents you are putting in are correct.

Good luck with the appeal
if he relies on a "humanity"/compassionate grounds, because his wife is pregnant and distressed, he has two hopes ~ nil and zilch!

neither are considered "commpassionate "grounds".

olliebaby

Does anybody know what kind of checks the Embassy carry out on the Sponsor in an application? Is it just a credit check? Would a credit check show how many bank accounts you have active? Or are there other checks they do that would show this?

I have an old account with Barclays which I havent used for donkeys years. Because everything I have put in is relating to my RBS account, would they even look to see if I have other accounts open?

The reason for asking is because my old old account is overdrawn, not much but i pay it off a little every month from my RBS account which ive had for years?

I dont want to draw attention to it, if there is no way of them looking for it or finding out?

stephstanley

Does anybody know what kind of checks the Embassy carry out on the Sponsor in an application? Is it just a credit check? Would a credit check show how many bank accounts you have active? Or are there other checks they do that would show this?

I have an old account with Barclays which I havent used for donkeys years. Because everything I have put in is relating to my RBS account, would they even look to see if I have other accounts open?

The reason for asking is because my old old account is overdrawn, not much but i pay it off a little every month from my RBS account which ive had for years?

I dont want to draw attention to it, if there is no way of them looking for it or finding out?
I wouldnt imagine they would be able to get that kind of info without permission. I have two accounts but only gave the statements for the one I regularly use. we had no problems

MellieC

who says they do a credit check?

they will see a regualr amount going out of your account into the other account, so what? does that amount leave you with not enough funds to be considered a sponsor?

CAIRO

hey, I asked at my bank if they would give out details of any accounts to the embassy and the woman assured me that they would not. As they are bound by finanical regulations and that anyone calling would need to be identified first and that anyone could say they were calling from an embassy, its difficult enough for me to access information over the phone and its my account lol. The only time bank statement information is given is when there is an investigation and even then warrents would be needed ect or if HMRC thinks that there is money laundering and tax evasion ect. So dont think you have anything to worry about, know how you feel though I had to go to the bank to put my mind at rest :) Also because of new financial regulations the banks are no longer able to print of current balances ! not even overviews!! This could cause problems for people as I only get one bank statement a year on my saving account and with money in and out can look like i have times with loads in and other times none.

So dont worry they cant access your bank and find out what accounts ! If they did that to me I have accounts all over the place would cost them a fortune calling all the banks dont think they would bother lol Honestly dont worry !!

MellieC

Cairo, thats exactly the point!

the embassy would have to WRITE to the bank, and the bank CANNOT tell them anyway, if they could they sure as hell wouldn't want bank statements in the first place huh?

LittleMissSunshine

So what do they define as sufficient evidence of a relationship? My boyfriend and I chat on MSN, we text each other daily, we speak on the phone a couple of times a week. I'm tied to how often I can get over to Tunisia because of a). work (I only get 4 weeks' holiday a year); b). my 7 year old from a previous relationship; and c). the cost, although I fully support myself financially here and have a full time job and therefore even if he could not get a job here straight away, this would not be a problem.

LittleMissSunshine

And what's this about credit checks? This is concerning me now. When my ex-husband and I separated, I got myself into a terrible situation financially. I'm not in an IVA but a company approached all of my creditors and I now pay back a far reduced amount to each every month. My salary has gone up a lot since then though and I am 2.5 years on since the separation. But I have been warned that my credit rating will be floored for several years. The bank accounts I have now are only basic ones with no overdraft (as I don't pass the credit check for proper ones) - I have one for all of my bills to go out of and another for cash for shopping and fun. The only additional cost really for an extra person living with me would be the increase in food and I can cover that easily with some to spare. Is this going to be enough to satisfy the embassy and has anybody else been in my position and their partner been successful in obtaining a visa?

tblueyez

Its all fun n games when you love a tunisian or any 1 not from this country,so can some one tell me please how it goes as far as criminal records as once upon a time i was little bit naughty,thats was now 12 years ago will it go agaisnt me in a pplying for my hubby to come here??.OMG stress.i look about 400 years old at the mo with all this worry etc.thanksloads xx