Visa Appeals

MellieC

So what do they define as sufficient evidence of a relationship? My boyfriend and I chat on MSN, we text each other daily, we speak on the phone a couple of times a week. I'm tied to how often I can get over to Tunisia because of a). work (I only get 4 weeks' holiday a year); b). my 7 year old from a previous relationship; and c). the cost, although I fully support myself financially here and have a full time job and therefore even if he could not get a job here straight away, this would not be a problem.

the LAW states that you must have MET BEFORE YOU GET MARRIED, other than that in the UK, other than certain family memebrs to whom you cannot be married ~ marriage tends to "show" a relationship.

sufficient evidence of a relationship ~ what they are REALLY looking for is not the frequency of face to face contact, as that is bound by time ~ as you say you only get 4 weeks hol per annum so you can't see your guy m-for more than that without taking unpaid leave,
but that BOTH parties are equally committed to the relationship ~
its usually fairly obvious that the spouse sponsor is committed, they have stumped up the cash, the paperwork and are declaring they will support the person for ~ well it could be any length of time, as jobs are not so easy to get, but until ILR lets say, so the sponsor is declaring they will support and accommodate the person for 27 months ~

as the person has a sponsor they can't look at them in relationship to the above, so they look at what else there is ~ and basically that falls into 2 areas ~ one is that in thier supporting letter they state their intent to live with you when they get to the UK, write about your relationship how they feel, and how they feel when you return to the UK, what the plans are for the future as a couple ~ that sort of thing.

the other area is CONTACT ~ again not the frequency even by fone internet or texts or LETTERS them sending you a card for your bday is always good, its "normal"????
what the ECO wants to see is that HE initiates at least SOME of the contact ~ that HE calls/writes to YOU ~

not part of your question, or aimed at you, but a thought that just crossed my mind ~ so i might as well explain it at the same time ......

sometimes people ask questions that if they read the question they are answering it themselves ~ like ~ he will "one ring" me and I then call him as I have a calling plan so its cheaper ~

what do i say on the app form what do i tell the ECO?

HE initiated the contact ~ do you see the point?

and a person having an international calling plan for cheaper calls ~ why not, makes good economic sense when you are also saving up to get married/visa/flights etc

but a letter or a card WRITEN by HIM to YOU ~ that carries a lot of weight!!! he has taken the time to go get a card, write it and post it ~
and a letter is harder for them ~ english not first language, but if they are committed to the relationship they can do it!!!

msn "speak" is not quite the same thing, although there is no real issue about internet contact ~ just show that HE initiates it, and just put a couple of examples the ECO DOES NOT want pages of fone bills or msn's!

MellieC

And what's this about credit checks? This is concerning me now. When my ex-husband and I separated, I got myself into a terrible situation financially. I'm not in an IVA but a company approached all of my creditors and I now pay back a far reduced amount to each every month. My salary has gone up a lot since then though and I am 2.5 years on since the separation. But I have been warned that my credit rating will be floored for several years. The bank accounts I have now are only basic ones with no overdraft (as I don't pass the credit check for proper ones) - I have one for all of my bills to go out of and another for cash for shopping and fun. The only additional cost really for an extra person living with me would be the increase in food and I can cover that easily with some to spare. Is this going to be enough to satisfy the embassy and has anybody else been in my position and their partner been successful in obtaining a visa?
I knew this would come up ~ Ollie baby this is your fault LOL

hun don't worry, not everyone can be in a super situation for many reasons, all they want to know is that with whatever is paid out of your available income, you can maintain the other person.

the other stuff in your post is NOT relevant!

MellieC

Its all fun n games when you love a tunisian or any 1 not from this country,so can some one tell me please how it goes as far as criminal records as once upon a time i was little bit naughty,thats was now 12 years ago will it go agaisnt me in a pplying for my hubby to come here??.OMG stress.i look about 400 years old at the mo with all this worry etc.thanksloads xx
DOES THE UKBA ASK FOR YOUR CRB???????

NO

Nice if you have a clean one that if you want you can include to show you haven't got a criminal record but its not relevant, and unless children are involved I wouldn't even think about it really as most people don't have one (a CRB) for their jobs, and in those cases they would get the data info from the police NOT a crb anyway, both have the same info, but take ages to get so let it take a couple of hundred years off the stress levels huh?

they ASK for HIS B3 which is the equivilent of our CRB.

tblueyez

:cool:
DOES THE UKBA ASK FOR YOUR CRB???????

NO

Nice if you have a clean one that if you want you can include to show you haven't got a criminal record but its not relevant, and unless children are involved I wouldn't even think about it really as most people don't have one (a CRB) for their jobs, and in those cases they would get the data info from the police NOT a crb anyway, both have the same info, but take ages to get so let it take a couple of hundred years off the stress levels huh?

they ASK for HIS B3 which is the equivilent of our CRB.
mel your a star.cheers.x

MellieC

Hun, last year i posted on here about identity theft, i was a victim of it, and the theif had a ball ~ and my CRB is not "clean" ~ i worked for the HO ~

IF someone was constnatly in and out of prison ~ or getting fines, a persistent offender ~ they might not look too kindly IF THEY KNOW ABOUT IT but not everyone can be "squeaky" clean lol

LittleMissSunshine

I knew this would come up ~ Ollie baby this is your fault LOL

hun don't worry, not everyone can be in a super situation for many reasons, all they want to know is that with whatever is paid out of your available income, you can maintain the other person.

the other stuff in your post is NOT relevant!
Thank you so much! I'm so glad I found this forum. I never planned on falling in love with somebody from another country and all of this has me quite bowled over. I get to go back over there in 7 weeks (sadly only for 1 week), but he says he wants to take me to Tunis so that I can meet his family and he can show me where he is from. I can't wait to go back x

MellieC

Thank you so much! I'm so glad I found this forum. I never planned on falling in love with somebody from another country and all of this has me quite bowled over. I get to go back over there in 7 weeks (sadly only for 1 week), but he says he wants to take me to Tunis so that I can meet his family and he can show me where he is from. I can't wait to go back x
Enjoy your weeks hol with him!!!

I doubt that anyone planned to fall in love with a tune lol

when i first came to tune, i had been out of a bad relationship for over a year, had rebuilt my life and was VERY happy with it and a man was not on the agenda!!!

15 years later i sometimes wish i had gone to blackpool instead but here we are LOL;)

CAIRO

hi Mel, Just wondered if i could email you as i just wanted to ask u a random question lol ? thanks

MellieC

hi Mel, Just wondered if i could email you as i just wanted to ask u a random question lol ? thanks
of course you can, you will prob get random answers too lol

opposite the penguin avatar is a little msn man ~ top left of the post ~

click on that and email me.

people will tell you to be very scared LOL im NOT that bad, well somedays maybe LOL;):D

lloydy7179

of course you can, you will prob get random answers too lol

opposite the penguin avatar is a little msn man ~ top left of the post ~

click on that and email me.

people will tell you to be very scared LOL im NOT that bad, well somedays maybe LOL;):D
Ha ha No Mel, im sure others would back me up on this but you've been great, thanks for your replies over the last couple of weeks! This time necxt week, i'll be out there with my fiance getting ready to marry, can't wait,,,,,so excited!!!

Thx
Caroline

Hbrown1

Banned
Ha ha No Mel, im sure others would back me up on this but you've been great, thanks for your replies over the last couple of weeks! This time necxt week, i'll be out there with my fiance getting ready to marry, can't wait,,,,,so excited!!!

Thx
Caroline
Hi Caroline.

Hope your ok hun, sent you message but missed you by mins sorry.

If me and hubby can help we will, no probs :):):)

MellieC

Thx
Caroline
It was and is my pleasure to help where I can ~ we've all been in situations where we can't see the woods for the trees ~ an outsider has that pissy thing about being able to see the woods!

Somedays I only see the tree when i smack right into it :rolleyes:

Good luck with the wedding!!!! I want pics to add to my collection ~ and thanks to eveyone that has sent them to me, its so nice to see your smiling faces after so much stress!:)

lloydy7179

It was and is my pleasure to help where I can ~ we've all been in situations where we can't see the woods for the trees ~ an outsider has that pissy thing about being able to see the woods!

Somedays I only see the tree when i smack right into it :rolleyes:

Good luck with the wedding!!!! I want pics to add to my collection ~ and thanks to eveyone that has sent them to me, its so nice to see your smiling faces after so much stress!:)
Yes will give you all an update with pics :) We are also applying for his settlement visa whilst we are out there. We would have been so lost if it wasn't for this website, so will definitely be back on after offering advice on what we will have been through recently (weddding and visa). :)

MellieC

thats great, as each time someone goes to the embassy there are different things going on ~ from getting the CONI translation to submitting the visa app, price hikes, don't include this, where is this etc and so it all helps the next person!

CAIRO

Just read foxy roxy89 post and started to giggle as I thought that, to late now though they have the text messages at the embassy :D. our texts would make a very interesting read

;) x

Smiles

yeah thats what im thinking , aparently they can re-refuse the visa if the circumstances have changed (they havent ) . my concern is that they asked for 6 months bank statements and pay slips but didnt specify to marwan how many so iv sent all i have which is only about 10 weeks worth but iv gave all the bank statements which show my wages going in - who thinks this will be a problem ?
Can anyone let me know how long they waited to get a response on their husbands appeal. My hubby submitted appea direct to Tunis in Septeber but have heard nothing:(

MellieC

Can anyone let me know how long they waited to get a response on their husbands appeal. My hubby submitted appea direct to Tunis in Septeber but have heard nothing:(
smiles ~

michump posted yesterday that her hubby is arriving this coming weekend,
so it was all sorted between these posts and a few days ago/couple of weeks ago.

the embassy have a while before they can choose to send it on the the tribunal ~ hang in there

laura-saif

we submitted appeal here in england back in june, we are still waiting, the tribunal place here gave embassy till 10th november to overturn or send here, so i cant see it being that much longer for us.

MellieC

and no doubt the embassy are holding out until the last moment to send it to the UK, to keep you hanging on!!!

I really DO feel for you (all) that it now takes so long ~ when Freds VV was refused, within 8 weeks it was in the tribunal and granted!

and that was over the xmas period and we all know how that slows things down!!

laura-saif

im keeping my mind off it by looking for a job and preparing to re apply next year x lol im not holding out for it x