Visa For Mother-In-Law

SouSou

Hey Everyone!
I was wondering if you could help?
My husband and I have been married for 3 years and he has his ILR. We would love to invite his mother to come over for a visit....but not sure where to start? She's old and doesn't work so not sure how it would work.
Any help would be appreciated.
SouSou

Jane BM

Hey Everyone!
I was wondering if you could help?
My husband and I have been married for 3 years and he has his ILR. We would love to invite his mother to come over for a visit....but not sure where to start? She's old and doesn't work so not sure how it would work.
Any help would be appreciated.
SouSou
She can apply for a family visitors visa, we've just recently applied for my husbands sister (not heard yet)....just approach it how you would any other visa type. Obviously the biggest issue is her intent to return to Tunisia, however as you say she's elderly and her life is in Tunisia so I wouldn't imagine it's that difficult to prove. Have a look on the family visitors visa section of UKBA. Best of luck.

SouSou

In terms of her proving finical things. I don't think she has a bank account would that be an issue?

Jane BM

In terms of her proving finical things. I don't think she has a bank account would that be an issue?
Well they'll need to know how the trip is being financed so you'd need to show proof of that..

Chez125

If I am sponsoring my husband on a settlement visa would I be able to apply for a visitors visa for my elderly mother in law to visit us as we'll?

Jane BM

If I am sponsoring my husband on a settlement visa would I be able to apply for a visitors visa for my elderly mother in law to visit us as we'll?
In theory yes Chez.....would need to be a good application though I'd imagine.

Chez125

Is it pretty much the same as a settlement visa app. Ie would I have to sponsor etc or just provide evidence I could support her for the period of her visit.

Jane BM

Is it pretty much the same as a settlement visa app. Ie would I have to sponsor etc or just provide evidence I could support her for the period of her visit.
No it's not the same as settlement...you'd be inviting her, however it'd be down to her to prove how she'll fund it and also with visitors visas shed need to make a very good case for her reasons to return to Tunisia, which seems to be quite a sticking point with the UKBA.

Check out the UKBA website under Visitor visas..also many threads on here.

daffodil

Did you get the visitors visa Jane? Or are you stil waiting to hear....

I was not on here for a long time and may of missed if you posted about it..

Jane BM

Did you get the visitors visa Jane? Or are you stil waiting to hear....

I was not on here for a long time and may of missed if you posted about it..
We didn't apply in the end Daff....time ran away with us....