visa help

emz

Hi, I have been with my fiancé for 3 years now and have visited Tunisia every 2-3 months, I have also lived out there for 3 months. I have recently found out I am pregnant, due in May. Does anyone know how I would go about applying for a visa for him to come over here? I have looked at the obvious stuff but its not really helpful and I don't understand it all (baby brains haha). He is desperate to be here for the birth and I think its really important he is here too. Any help would be much appreciated! x

marhaba

unless you earn 18,600 a year, its almost impossible.90% of visa's are declined. Also where your not married it is extremely difficult, you would have to prove 2 years durable relationship. You being pregnant will be extremely hard to prove evidence that he will return to Tunisia. He needs to prove this by having a good job and ties in Tunisia like property and savings.

My hubby is with me here we done something called the surrender signh route SS route. All visas were free and a lot of people are doing it. Basically you go to an EU member state and work for a minimum of 3 months for 12 hours a week, then apply for a family permit home. Its pretty simple if you know what your doing. You husband can join you from day one of being in an EU member state. It is GUARANTEED that he will get the visa to join you under the EU free right of movement. Again where you arent married it will be difficult. If you was married no evidence is needed only a marriage cert in the visa app's.

If you want any more info then please contact me x

Trulymadlydeeply

Is it really that easy.... Makes a mockery of things really. I thought you and your hubby had separated marhaba? Glad to see you have worked things out.

Jane BM

Being pregnant makes even the SS route extremely difficult.....you have to prove your centre of life is in the EU country you move to...effectively giving up all ties to this country....no mean feat when pregnant. Also finding work over there whilst pregnant....

There's no easy way....however for the cost of a VV to come to the UK I'd be inclined to give that a go first. You get your answer within just a few weeks at the most.

Shazza100

You could apply for a fiance visa but if successful you have to marry within 6 months and then apply for the further visa which costs the same money again which is little change from £900. All the criteria is the same as the visa for joining family of a settled person (as it is the same visa) but you have to marry within 6 months and apply for a further visa once married and show intention to marry. So, if you are not in a position of marriage yet...it would be a visitors visa...and this depends on his strong ties in Tunisia because he needs to show "intention to return". Remember if he hasn't got any strong job to go back to then you may be in difficulty because they will see you and the baby being a pull for him to "overstay". I think it is about £80 for a visitors visa.

Essem

Staff member
@marhaba, I too thought u had separated and u had another love interest in India - confused.com

Which EU member state did u go to?

DARK ANGEL

@marhaba, I too thought u had separated and u had another love interest in India - confused

Ireland is their best destination Essem :)

Essem

Staff member
It looks like it.

IMO it's such a shame for those ladies who have followed the rules and have had to spend 1000's of pounds to have their spouses join them doing it 'the right way' :rolleyes:

marhaba

Is it really that easy.... Makes a mockery of things really. I thought you and your hubby had separated marhaba? Glad to see you have worked things out.
@marhaba, I too thought u had separated and u had another love interest in India - confused.com

Yep that did happen, but we have worked things out. We are happy, not settles properly as of yet. Hubby came here for 3 weeks and went back to Ireland cause of his job. So we are back to square one of being in different countries until we have been to Tunisia in July next year then ill join him. We gave up our Irish flat cause he was coming here to start with but as his job pays 3K a month id rather he stays there haha!!

We settled in Ireland.

Ireland is their best destination Essem :)
I agree Ireland is a good option as its english speaking and alot more easier than any other EU country would be. and its so close to home and cheap to travel back!

Being pregnant makes even the SS route extremely difficult.....you have to prove your centre of life is in the EU country you move to...effectively giving up all ties to this country....no mean feat when pregnant. Also finding work over there whilst pregnant....

There's no easy way....however for the cost of a VV to come to the UK I'd be inclined to give that a go first. You get your answer within just a few weeks at the most.
It does make it difficult, but its worth while. Well thats how i see it. I know of a few people who have done SS route whilst being pregnant and they are now home. A few have given birth there which means the mother or father of that baby (the non EU) can reside straight away with no ties. Id say dont go for a VV as criteria is very hard to meet and proving that he will go back at the end as she is pregnant maybe difficult.

Jellycat

It looks like it.

IMO it's such a shame for those ladies who have followed the rules and have had to spend 1000's of pounds to have their spouses join them doing it 'the right way' :rolleyes:
I thought this at first, but I appreciate that people will do whatever they have to do to be with their spouse and it is perfectly legal in European law. For me doing it the standard way with nearly £900 for the settlement visa and then a similar amount for the ILR plus costs for the Ket exam and later fees for B1 and life in the UK has put a strain on the family budget. however, for people with a regular job, and mortgage or rent to pay like myself it is no mean feat to just go off to another European country for at least 3 months, pay for rent there and find yourself a job. Quite expensive I should imagine unless you or your spouse have contacts over there. Would be quite an adventure though!
I don't blame anyone for using this route. whilst it would not have been a problem for me and many others to meet the £18,600 threshold there are some people working full time and damned hard who earn less (eg retail sector, care assistants doing valuable work for society) and why shouldn't they be allowed to bring their spouse. I personally feel the spouse's potential earnings should be taken into account.
good luck to anyone doing the Surinder Singh route - best get on with it quickly in case Ukip put a stop to it!

marhaba

I don't blame anyone for using this route. whilst it would not have been a problem for me and many others to meet the £18,600 threshold there are some people working full time and damned hard who earn less (eg retail sector, care assistants doing valuable work for society) and why shouldn't they be allowed to bring their spouse. I personally feel the spouse's potential earnings should be taken into account.
good luck to anyone doing the Surinder Singh route - best get on with it quickly in case Ukip put a stop to it!
I totally agree with you. Its difficult enough, without having all these different obsticles in the way.
The government are trying to stop SS route. From Tunisia they are trying to make things harder by trying to charge 100 Dinar for the Visa Appointment for the Irish visa! its bad! when they know under EU law its free!

Jellycat

[QUOTE="marhaba, post: 314830, member: as his job pays 3K a month id rather he stays there

wow, he is doing well over there. What sort of work is he doing?

marhaba

[QUOTE="marhaba, post: 314830, member: as his job pays 3K a month id rather he stays there

wow, he is doing well over there. What sort of work is he doing?
He is a mens hairdresser, specializes in hot towel shaves ETC

Jane BM

A lot of people do the SS route In Ireland on a shoestring budget......fine If you've no ties in the UK, no kids, no home, no permanent job.....what worries me is that then when people come back AFTER they've received their permits, as they've given up their homes and jobs, how do they manage? From what I can gather both parties have full recourse to public funds, which is a very big difference between that and someone coming through the spousal visa route who now has no recourse to public funds for 5 years.

Some people are making a business now out of renting out rooms and flat sharing in Ireland now specifically for peop,e using the SS route.

What worries me is when I see women with kids of school age, just upping sticks and uprooting them to head to Ireland to get their spouses over....how are the kids thought of in all of that??

It's legal, I don't think it'll be around forever, I can understand people who don't meet the criteria using this option...to me, it's just another reason why the UKVI should revise their earnings threshold which makes it impossible for so many people, and reintroduce a disposal income threshold.

Trulymadlydeeply

3k a month for hairdressing? I'm in the wrong job...!!! :p

emz

I'm really not in a position to do the ss route now and think it may be almost impossible with a new born baby when I'm going to need help from my family. If it's the only option Will have to do it, but surely doing the normal visa would work too? I carnt find anyone who's in a similar situation to get advise from, feel abit at a dead end. Would it be worth waiting till after the birth then apply for a proper visa? It's not what we want as we do want him to be here for the birth, but would it be more likely he will get it when our baby's here? Oh I don't know. So confused!

Jellycat

d
I'm really not in a position to do the ss route now and think it may be almost impossible with a new born baby when I'm going to need help from my family. If it's the only option Will have to do it, but surely doing the normal visa would work too? I carnt find anyone who's in a similar situation to get advise from, feel abit at a dead end. Would it be worth waiting till after the birth then apply for a proper visa? It's not what we want as we do want him to be here for the birth, but would it be more likely he will get it when our baby's here? Oh I don't know. So confused!

Emz
do you earn 18.6 K? That is fundamental to whether you can apply for a fiancé visa or get married and do a settlement visa.

Jane BM

Having a baby won't change or affect the outcome of whether you're successful in getting a settlement visa. You'd need to check the UKVI site and see all the requirements...and unless you earn over £18,600 or are in receipt of carers allowance or DLA, you wouldn't be eligible.

missmetal

I believe the threshold to sponsor a spouse is higher than 18 600 GBP if you have any dependant children. A recent article mentioned it was something in the 22k range. Best check the requirements