Visa - Immigration Health Surcharge and Visa Fees (Pay cash )

Amr

Hello Everyone ,
I have a question regarding the visa fees and the immigration health surchage , for my Tier 2 General Visa , Entry clearance application..
Do I have to pay for this online, using a credit card ? as you may probably know, in Tunisia people are not allowed to export hard currency money, so our credit cards can only be used to pay in TND (while the fees are actually in GBP).
Is cash accepted for the applications from Tunis?

Amr

Note: I have been issued 4 Business visitors visa in the past , and each time I have payed for the applications fees in the Application center (once in the British Embassy itself before there was TLS contact and 3 times in The TLS contact visa application's center)..
Wondering whether this is going to be different for the Tier 2 General visa ..

Jasmine

From what I understand is you pay online for the IHS fee and you can pay in Cash at the VAC / TLS in Tunis.

The fee you pay is in TND - so you will be paying an exchange rate from £ to tnd.

Someone paid the IHS from their UK bank account and was 1950tnd (that was for spouse visa though)

Amr

Thanks a lot Jasmine,
I have sent an email to the TLS contact uk in office,
but I got an automatic reply saying I should call their number,
When I called the number The guy on the phone said, this number is only for the Shengen visa and the UK TLS doesn't have a number.

So you are saying that I can pay In Cash at the application center (TLS Tunis)?
I don't think there would be a difference between Tier2 General and Spouse Visa , the Fees are 600 per applicant , so that would be 1800- 2000 TND ...

Jasmine

Thanks a lot Jasmine,
I have sent an email to the TLS contact uk in office,
but I got an automatic reply saying I should call their number,
When I called the number The guy on the phone said, this number is only for the Shengen visa and the UK TLS doesn't have a number.

So you are saying that I can pay In Cash at the application center (TLS Tunis)?
I don't think there would be a difference between Tier2 General and Spouse Visa , the Fees are 600 per applicant , so that would be 1800- 2000 TND ...
Plenty of people have paid using Cash in TLS Tunis. Many spouses split the cost of the visa, one paying the IHS fee online and the applicant paying cash for the actual application. I would advise being aware of exchange fees, so you take more than the required amount if possible, so you dont leave yourself short on the day. Good Luck with your application :)

Mrs K

do you have to pay the fees for the application in person in cash or can it all be paid online? x

Jasmine

do you have to pay the fees for the application in person in cash or can it all be paid online? x
All can be done online - remembering bank charges and exchange rates

Mrs K

i know there will be charges and the exchange rate can vary, has anyone paid it this way and roughly what kind of charges am i looking at? Felt so depressed looking at the increased prices this morning - so unfair :( :(

Jasmine

i know there will be charges and the exchange rate can vary, has anyone paid it this way and roughly what kind of charges am i looking at? Felt so depressed looking at the increased prices this morning - so unfair :( :(
Depends who you bank with. Found some recent posts of people who applied recently....
£697.62 IHS fee & £1,172.70 Visa fee.
£675.43 IHS & £1,134.86 Visa

Remember that the TLS fee (I believe is £59) is included in the Visa fee and the above is without cost of Priority, which was £360, but believe it is due to be increased (In my mind I think the new increase starts today - but could be wrong :confused:)

Mrs K

Depends who you bank with. Found some recent posts of people who applied recently....
£697.62 IHS fee & £1,172.70 Visa fee.
£675.43 IHS & £1,134.86 Visa

Remember that the TLS fee (I believe is £59) is included in the Visa fee and the above is without cost of Priority, which was £360, but believe it is due to be increased (In my mind I think the new increase starts today - but could be wrong :confused:)
no your right it is today, 1195 for visa, 600 nhs, 59 for using TLS, priority is now 450 - this is all without the charges :( :(
so that visa fee of 1172.70 was when it was 956 (an extra £200+ :( ) i think we need nearly £3k to apply priority to make sure it is all covered! Good time to start a diet - wont be able to afford to eat at this rate!! x

Jasmine

no your right it is today, 1195 for visa, 600 nhs, 59 for using TLS, priority is now 450 - this is all without the charges :( :(
so that visa fee of 1172.70 was when it was 956 (an extra £200+ :( ) i think we need nearly £3k to apply priority to make sure it is all covered! Good time to start a diet - wont be able to afford to eat at this rate!! x
Also fees for posting over documents, and the spouse having to fund travel costs to get to Tunis (TLS) if he/she isn't living near by.... I am thinking they may in future insist on all paperwork be submitted directly to the Decision Making Centre (Sheffield) rather than have it transferred through TLS / VAC. Yet you'd still have the spouse sending their documents from abroad, but in comparison to what the sponsor is required to submit, it would not cost as much to post / courier.

The scary thought is also, it doesnt end here. In 2.5 years you have to think of finding that and more (as no doubt fees will be increased again) for Further leave to remain, and then again for I.L.R. Bearing in mind costs for further English Language requirements if they're needing to be fulfilled and also Life in the UK test for ILR.

Amr

Plenty of people have paid using Cash in TLS Tunis. Many spouses split the cost of the visa, one paying the IHS fee online and the applicant paying cash for the actual application. I would advise being aware of exchange fees, so you take more than the required amount if possible, so you dont leave yourself short on the day. Good Luck with your application :)
Thanks again Jasmine,
On the Visa4uk portal , there was no way to handle the IHS by cash , so The Immigration consultant payed for my application and for my wife and kids as well .
this has been invoiced to my employer .

Amr

IHS payment can't be done in cash , it has to be online ,
The application fees can be payed for in cash in the TLS Visa center

Amr

The IHS fees are 1920 TND per application (multiply that by the number of the family members) , that's a lot of money !!!

Amr

Susan and Jasmin

Application fees are 2006 TND by person , this to be paid in cash (can also be paid online , but As you that's not allowed in Tunisia for normal people)..

The Fast Track VAS from TLS is 150 £ per applicant (and can only be paid for online)

Jasmine

Susan and Jasmin

Application fees are 2006 TND by person , this to be paid in cash (can also be paid online , but As you that's not allowed in Tunisia for normal people)..

The Fast Track VAS from TLS is 150 £ per applicant (and can only be paid for online)
Priority / Fast Track for Spouse visa applications are £450 now.

Amr - did they give you a estimated timeline for your application?

Amr

Well mine is not a spouse visa Jasmin , it's Tier 2 General Visa that had to go through a Resident Labor Market test .
It's 150 £ each .
For myself and each one of my dependents

Amr

Priority / Fast Track for Spouse visa applications are £450 now.

Amr - did they give you a estimated timeline for your application?
and using the Fast Track VAS it should be processed in 5 work days

Jasmine

and using the Fast Track VAS it should be processed in 5 work days
Ah, how exciting :) Fingers crossed for you :)

Jasmine

Well mine is not a spouse visa Jasmin , it's Tier 2 General Visa that had to go through a Resident Labor Market test .
It's 150 £ each .
For myself and each one of my dependents
I realised that you wasnt applying for a spouse visa. I was just comparing the fees :D Good Luck!