Visa Knowledge and Experience

KB72

Hello all!

This thread has been created for everyone to share their visa experience. It would be a great knowledge base for those who are currently going through the process or plan to in the future.

If you could please share with us details such as;

*Documents you provided.
*How long they took to decide your case.
*Whether they refuse/accepted your application.
*If refused, what did they refuse you on?

It would ease the worries and stresses of many.

Thank you :happy:

Jane BM

Great idea

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
These threads need to go in the visa section

KB72

... which is where? I've searched and cannot find it.

olliebaby

Hiya Kelly

Go to "Search Form" at the top of the page and then scroll down that page and you will see "search in forum". In that list and you will find the visa section.

:)

Essem

Staff member
I've moved it into the Visa section now.

real madrid

hi im new in this forum im applying for settelment visa i have question about p 60
my wife is on ESA and DLA too , she work just few hours so she is not paying tax at all can she still get p 60 if she is not paying tax?
she get cash in hand but she can get pay slips and employment lettre witout problem.
im just worried about the p60 i dont know if she can get one or no if she is not paying tax ? is that a problem
thank xxx

missmetal

hi im new in this forum im applying for settelment visa i have question about p 60
my wife is on ESA and DLA too , she work just few hours so she is not paying tax at all can she still get p 60 if she is not paying tax?
she get cash in hand but she can get pay slips and employment lettre witout problem.
im just worried about the p60 i dont know if she can get one or no if she is not paying tax ? is that a problem
thank xxx
From what I understand, a P60 is only issued if you have worked and paid tax on income. If she is being paid cash and tax is being taken off then she should be given a P60.

You said she could get pay slips but I dont know why she would get a pay slip and still not have the tax calculated. The way I understood it worked is that even if you only work a few hours you're still paying tax on it and over the course of the yr you submit a tax return and will get it back if over the FULL year you were under the tax bracket and tax exempt.

you might need to call the UK revenue office and ask these questions...I think you can do that without giving too much personal info.

real madrid

thank you very much for ur help i will tell my wife to call the UK revenue office

Trulymadlydeeply

If she is working PAYE but just doesn't earn enough to pay tax then she will get a P60. Having said that if she is receiving ESA then she shouldn't be working or the ESA she wouldn't be entitled to...!!!

real madrid

u mean if she is on esa she is not allowed to work? because i just asked her and she said she doesn't earn enough to pay tax is that means
she can get p 60?

real madrid

she said she is on ESA but she is allowed to work 16 HOURS a week and she is working only 16 hours

Trulymadlydeeply

She should get a P60 at the end of each tax year if she is working, even if she doesn't pay tax.

I thought you couldn't work and claim ESA maybe I'm wrong?

Trulymadlydeeply

If you start working full-time, your ESA will stop. However the law allows you to claim ESA and do some types of ‘exempt work’ such as:

• Being a councillor.
  • Doing domestic tasks in your home.
  • Caring for a close relative.
  • Volunteering.
  • Working while receiving assistance as a self employed person from the Government’s test trading scheme.
You can also take up certain work and still get full ESA. This is called ‘permitted work’.

Permitted work

Permitted work allows you to do some paid work and still get your full ESA (and housing/council tax benefit). Even though it won’t affect your benefit you should tell the DWP as soon as possible if you do any work.

There are different types of permitted work:

• Work done as part of a hospital treatment programme carried out under medical supervision for earnings which do not exceed £101 a week for an unlimited period.
  • ‘Permitted work lower limit’ - this is any work undertaken for no more than £20 a week for an unlimited period.
  • ‘Supported permitted work’ for earnings which do not exceed £101 a week for an indefinite period - supported work means work that is supervised by someone employed by a public or local authority or voluntary organisation whose job it is to arrange work for people with disabilities e.g. Hertfordshire County Council’s Work Solutions.
  • ‘Permitted work higher limit’ - this is work of less than 16 hours a week, with earnings which do not exceed £101 per week for up to a maximum of 52 weeks. Subsequent periods of work are allowed but there must usually be a gap of at least 52 weeks between periods of working. However, if you are in the support group for ESA you can do this work for an indefinite period.
Earnings from permitted work described above will not affect either type of ESA and are also disregarded for housing and council tax benefit.

The permitted work rules will continue to apply to ESA following the introduction of universal credit.

Will I be worse off if I come off ESA to try work?

If you are thinking of returning to work you may be entitled to additional benefits such as the return to work credit (up until October 2013) and working tax credit (up until the introduction of universal credit). For more information on these and other benefits that you may be able to claim click here.

I stand corrected... :)

real madrid

yea soo she is allowed to do less then 16 hours and she said she earn about 100 pnd per week so all good.
she spoke with her boss he told her u get the p 60 from inland revenue but from wat i know u get the p 60 from ur employer rite?

real madrid

i found it strange when her boss say u get ur p 60 from inland revenue because from wat i know evry one in uk get p60 from thier employer rite? but i said maybe because she is on ESA and Dla its diffrent u have to get it from inland revenue

Jane BM

i found it strange when her boss say u get ur p 60 from inland revenue because from wat i know evry one in uk get p60 from thier employer rite? but i said maybe because she is on ESA and Dla its diffrent u have to get it from inland revenue
Her employer can do it, however it's just as easy for her to ring up the revenue herself and request one.

real madrid

yea she said she gonna ring them tom thank u very much for helping me

daffodil

Im sure the key to this question posed by real madrid is.....his wife gets paid cash in hand !!

This country is a joke sorry...either you are disabled or not:rolleyes:

Ye ok im ready for the backlash...:D

real madrid

ofcorse it is big joke and even that embassy and thier new rules big joke too :rolleyes: