Visa Knowledge and Experience

Jane BM

Im sure the key to this question posed by real madrid is.....his wife gets paid cash in hand !!

This country is a joke sorry...either you are disabled or not:rolleyes:

Ye ok im ready for the backlash...:D
Don't think you'll get a backlash Daff, think most would agree with you, I would that's for sure.

It all depends though on Real Madrids wife situation, and whether he means illegally working or that his wife's employer pays her cash each week and is a bit lax with the paperwork!!!! So I think perhaps we've given them the benefit of the doubt..;)

Jane BM

ofcorse it is big joke and even that embassy and thier new rules big joke too :rolleyes:
What do you mean Real Madrid? Does your wife work legally here in the UK? Or is just something extra she does that the revenue don't know about? (Sorry, you don't have to answer if you don't want to. )

daffodil

I know sorry .....

In my experience any employer that pays cash in hand usuaally is trying to avoid something ...and paperwork is not even done for the employee...

I know of a lady who worked in a restaurant for three and a half yrs...when she left she asked for her P45...the employer had registered her at the Revenue office as being employed by him for two weeks !! He had been paying her cash in her hand ...

It also works the other way around for the employee that wants to keep claiming their benefit illegally....

One thing I will never understand as long as i live is...someone is claiming DLA so that means they are registered as disabled..I am talking about those that get DLA cos they cant walk more than 50 metres yet they are permitted to work..WTF !!! How can they do that ??

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

daffodil

ofcorse it is big joke and even that embassy and thier new rules big joke too :rolleyes:
Maybe the Embassy is a joke......

This country needs to do something though before it sinks completely .....

real madrid

she is 100 per cent legal she is allowed to work less then 16 hours a week and she just dont earn enough to pay tax she have pay slips employment lettre and she will get her p 60 in april so all good

Jane BM

I know sorry .....

In my experience any employer that pays cash in hand usuaally is trying to avoid something ...and paperwork is not even done for the employee...

I know of a lady who worked in a restaurant for three and a half yrs...when she left she asked for her P40...the employer had registered her at the Revenue office as being employed by him for two weeks !! He had been paying her cash in her hand ...

It also works the other way around for the employee that wants to keep claiming their benefit illegally....

One thing I will never understand as long as i live is...someone is claiming DLA so that means they are registered as disabled..I am talking about those that get DLA cos they cant walk more than 50 metres yet they are permitted to work..WTF !!! How can they do that ??

:rolleyes:
I was under the impression that they'd really clamped down on DLA....so only those who really were incapable of working were entitled to it. Otherwise if it's just a case of working under 16 hours but being able to work, why wouldn't you just claim the full entitilement to WTC? But then again, the whole benefit system baffles me anyway.

daffodil

Because look at the figures RealMadrid has given here ...WTC would be about 50 pound a week (thats almost the maximum) payable....maybe a bit more for the disabled element....

In this case the lady would be worse off ... as she would lose her ESA and that is over a hundred per week ..

Still baffles me though the DLA....just does NOT make sense.......
:banghead:

Jane BM

Because look at the figures RealMadrid has given here ...WTC would be about 50 pound a week (thats almost the maximum) payable....maybe a bit more for the disabled element....

In this case the lady would be worse off ... as she would lose her ESA and that is over a hundred per week ..

Still baffles me though the DLA....just does NOT make sense.......
:banghead:
ESA is?..lol...DLA I know....but is ESA also disability evidenced?

daffodil

ESA is Employment Support Allowance..replaced income support...

It is supposed to be a safety blanket for those that have nothing....

Trulymadlydeeply

Daff ESA is sickness related not replacing income support. I only know this as my nephew who fits windows claimed it after he fell out of a window recess and broke his back.

Jane BM

Daff ESA is sickness related not replacing income support. I only know this as my nephew who fits windows claimed it after he fell out of a window recess and broke his back.
So how can someone claim both ESA and DLA? If they're both disability related? Confused. Com...

Trulymadlydeeply

ESA is the first port of call. So my nephew broke his back, got £70ish for the first so many weeks. If the illness/ disability continues it goes up to £120ish. If it continues long term you get an additional payment of DLA now changing to PIP personal independence payment.

Jane BM

ESA is the first port of call. So my nephew broke his back, got £70ish for the first so many weeks. If the illness/ disability continues it goes up to £120ish. If it continues long term you get an additional payment of DLA now changing to PIP personal independence payment.
Jeez you'd need a degree to work out what benefit you're entitled to....but I don't understand then when Real Madrids wife can claim both ESA and DLA and still be able to work 16 hours a week.

Think I'd best stick to working!!

daffodil

Jeez you'd need a degree to work out what benefit you're entitled to....but I don't understand then when Real Madrids wife can claim both ESA and DLA and still be able to work 16 hours a week.

Think I'd best stick to working!!
Jane this is the point i was making ...if you are that disabled you get higher rate benefit how can you work !!! Like i say this country is absolutely bonkers !!

Trulymadlydeeply

I thought if you received DLA you did not need to meet the earnings rule for the visa?

daffodil

Thanks TMD...I dont claim benefits but try to read as much as i can...Was it Universal Credit that replaced Income Support?

I think it is madness you are able to work if claiming the higher rates of benefit like this..I think they get rent and council tax paid too so are often better off than anyone in work...

How then can they justify paying someone just 70 pound a week jobseekers?? They are not allowed to earn extra are they?? I dont know but all seems a bit mad to me...

Jane BM

I thought if you received DLA you did not need to meet the earnings rule for the visa?
You don't.....but you still have to prove that you can support your spouse. So more in line with the old regs...

Trulymadlydeeply

Universal credit will eventually be one payment for everything claimed, eg living allowance, housing benefit, council tax benefit etc. this is where some are finding they will have to move from the nicer areas that they are living in. It will go by the size of your family and will be across the board. I don't know what they are but let's say for example a single mum with 2 kids in a 2bed house may have benefits cut to £400 per week!!! This will include everything, so if she's living in an area where her rent is say £1200 per month, she will not be able to live there. In a way I agree as we that work cannot afford to live somewhere for £1200 per month, so will create a form of social cleansing IMO...

Jane BM

Jane this is the point i was making ...if you are that disabled you get higher rate benefit how can you work !!! Like i say this country is absolutely bonkers !!
Agreed.....but HOW can they claim 2 different disability related benefits at the same time? Surely it's one or the other?

Trulymadlydeeply

DLA is a "top up" if you like... :(