Visa Knowledge and Experience

Jane BM

Daffodil - I am registered self-employed in the UK and pay all relevant taxes. I think as a freelancer I need to speak with a French attorney and register somehow.

I imagine that as long as I register and can prove that I have been resident in France and earned money during that period and can show them my books I should be OK.

My main concern is that they close the door before we get through. It's not the end of the world, but it would mean rethinking our plans. It might mean that we live in France longer than we would like - even years - and that I find any job I can in the UK in order to meet the income requirements for going the UK visa route if we still want to be close to my family.

Funnily enough, living in France for an extended period wouldn't bother me. The main issue would be missing my niece and nephew grow up over here.
You never know LA, the earnings threshold may have changed by the time you wanted to come back! Currently all cases which would be refused because of the earnings threshold are 'on hold'..

lovesarrow

I object to people coming here through the EU route or alternatively EU members coming here and their non EU spouses NOT having to take the required English test, not having a stamp on their visa saying 'no recourse to public funds', not having to find the money to pay for visa fees and then ILR fees...where's the equality in that? All because I happen to earn over the threshold.
This is a good point - I can see how this might feel like someone is getting in through the back door. I suppose people on both sides of the fence will feel unfairly treated. I feel that I have been discriminated against based on my income and so do you! From my point of view I see this as a tougher route and equally, if not more, disruptive / expensive than the UK visa route. There will be the cost and upheaval of moving to France, the legal costs for registering over there, getting paperwork, possibly earning less than I would in the UK, plus the cost and upheaval of moving back... it may not be the same costs, but overall I think the cost will be the same.

My OH will take the English test or some equivalent as it will improve his employability in the UK. Plus, if the SS route closes at some point in the future we could well find ourselves having to apply for visas, ILR etc in the UK anyway if we want to stay.

Scottochott

Lovesarrow, can I point out this is a discussion forum, not merely here for advice that fits your expectations. You will get a variety of opinions and advice, and if you put your information out there on an open forum you must expect some differences of opinion. It is not for you to set the agenda or dictate what responses you find acceptable. At no time was I attacking you personally so stop taking any comments you don't like to heart and reacting aggressively.

lovesarrow

At no point have I acted aggressively. I have asserted my point, as have you.

Regarding this being an open forum and me "setting an agenda", all I have done is to point out that this thread purports to be about exchanging advice and not opinions.

Actually, a lot of advice has been exchanged this evening. :)

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi LA going back to your original posts with regards to your hubby contributing and so forth to everyday costs, is he aware of the cost of living outside of Tunisia? That if and when he gets a job in France it probably wouldn't go anywhere once rent, bills etc are paid. Reason I mention this is some feel that you managed to pay for everything before they joined you so no need for them to part with any money!!! Put ALL your cards on the table before you embark on this major decision x

lovesarrow

Hi LA going back to your original posts with regards to your hubby contributing and so forth to everyday costs, is he aware of the cost of living outside of Tunisia? That if and when he gets a job in France it probably wouldn't go anywhere once rent, bills etc are paid. Reason I mention this is some feel that you managed to pay for everything before they joined you so no need for them to part with any money!!! Put ALL your cards on the table before you embark on this major decision x
TMD - thanks, I appreciate your input - this whole conversation about going to France has only been possible due to the huge shift in his thinking that happened while I was out there. He now gets that we both need to contribute, and he has shown willing to spend his own money and put it in our kitty. He still doesn't get the idea of budgeting for a month or more the way we do, but he can manage the money in the kitty, which is progress.

ETA - we have discussed living expenses in France - rent etc. With both of us earning a European salary we should be OK. Once he gets the idea of long term budgeting I get the impression that he'll be good at it - he does all the budgeting for his family currently but as with most Tunisians it is hand to mouth. It's the feeling of wealth when you get that first pay packet and it seems like so much money that's going to be bittersweet since he's used to dealing in much smaller numbers ;)

Last edited:

Trulymadlydeeply

Keep chipping away if its what he wants it has to sink in. I'm not sure it will though until you are actually in the situation when needs must. Would his Uncle be in a position to help him with employment? I do wish you well as you are obviously putting a lot of time and effort into this, looking at it from all angles. Just hope it all works out the way you'd like it to x

lovesarrow

I agree that it's likely to only sink in properly once we're crunching the numbers. Hopefully we'll get a chance to do that before we go. We're planning for me to go to Tunisia for a couple of months at the end of the summer so we can plan :)

I think his uncle probably could help with work as long as we can find something in his business that OH could do.

Thank you for the well wishes :D I have felt a bit like this today :banghead:

kaled

HII I WENT TO THE TLSCONTACT SITE TO TRACK MY APPLICATION IT SAY :MY APPLICATION IS BUNDLE, THAT MEAN APP AWAITING FOR TRANSFER TO UK VISA AND IMMIGRATION FOR DECISION HAW MUCH U THINK I STEEL HAVE TIME TO WAIT . THINK U

Jane BM

HII I WENT TO THE TLSCONTACT SITE TO TRACK MY APPLICATION IT SAY :MY APPLICATION IS BUNDLE, THAT MEAN APP AWAITING FOR TRANSFER TO UK VISA AND IMMIGRATION FOR DECISION HAW MUCH U THINK I STEEL HAVE TIME TO WAIT . THINK U
Visa for what Kaled? How long have you been waiting?

kaled

SETELMENT VISA JANE I HAVE BIEN WAITINIG FOR 44 DAYS

Jane BM

SETELMENT VISA JANE I HAVE BIEN WAITINIG FOR 44 DAYS
Well it can take 3 months Kaled so you may have to wait a bit longer yet.

kaled

Think u jane

real madrid

hello evryone . i applied for settelment visa i been waiting 3 monthes and few days. usaly when i chek in Teleperformance site it say
AWAITING FOR TRANSFER TO UK VISA AND IMMIGRATION FOR DECISION.
but when i cheked today it changed now it say ;Information has been sent to UK Visas & Immigration and is being processed for a final decision. is that means im going to hear soon ? this week maybe ? any ideas
thanks ..

Jane BM

hello evryone . i applied for settelment visa i been waiting 3 monthes and few days. usaly when i chek in Teleperformance site it say
AWAITING FOR TRANSFER TO UK VISA AND IMMIGRATION FOR DECISION.
but when i cheked today it changed now it say ;Information has been sent to UK Visas & Immigration and is being processed for a final decision. is that means im going to hear soon ? this week maybe ? any ideas
thanks ..
Your guess is as good as ours...lol..but that sounds like it'll be imminent. Good luck and let us know.

real madrid

thanks ,i let u know what happend .

kaled

HII REAL MADRID I WAS THE SAME AS U BUT WEN I SHECK THIS DAY I FOUD THAT THE SYSTEM BACK TO BUNDLE STAGE PLSS CHECK AND TELL ME I DONT NO IF ITS SYSTEM MISTAQUE OR WAT

real madrid

hi kaled i had to wait 3 monthes and 1 week now it changed it say Information has been sent to UK Visas & Immigration and is being processed for a final decision. but im still waiting

kaled

DID U CHEK IT TODAY ME TOO I WAS THE SAME BUT TODAY IT CHANGE

SSSFFF

COULD ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME CAUSE I`M HAVING SAME PROBLEM. I been waiting now for over 12 weeks, it will be 13 WEEKS THIS FRIDAY.I CHECKED THE TELEPERFORMANCE WEB SITE ON MONDAY IT Been saying i got to the stage transfer to ukvi and tonigt i checked again it went backward to the bundle stage. I DON`T GET IT WHETHER THAT`S A MISTAKE OF A SYSTEME OR WHAT. SAME LIKE Kaled. it`s really crap service. DID ANY BODY TRYED THAT PHONE NUMBER. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE