Visa/relationship advice. HELP

MAXLOC

Hi all I hope I'm doing this right as I'm new to this, right here goes....I recently went Tunisia, met someone (he's 27, I'm 39), and we've spoken daily but I do have worries and find my guards are up, he's asked me to go back to see him and I could but my worry is if I go back for a holiday with him my emotions will go much deeper......and that's fine to but I work and only get 5weeks holiday a year and for me in a relationship that is not enough so I have said to him I want him to come to England first and maybe a few more times in between me going there. So my questions are how hard would it be to get him over here for a visit and if possible what costs are involved? Would he be able to come 4/5 times a year? If things went really well how easy and how much would it cost me to move him out here? If we to try and get him to England for a visit how do we go about doing it? And most of all am I setting myself up for complete heartbreak?:arghh:

Scottochott

Very difficult to get him to uk, have a read through some more relevant threads and google "bezness", there is a small chance a real relationship may develop but the odds are stacked against it unfortunately. You are probably being targeted for money and/or a visa, especially if your guy works in the tourist industry. Sorry to be negative but we see countless examples like you and it very rarely ends well. I would treat it as a fun holiday fling but move on with your life and don't look back.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
The embassy website is your friend.

You can do the paperwork its not that difficult from an admin perspective.

249 dinars is what i am getting from the

https://visa-fees.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/tunisia/tnd/visit/general-visitors/short-term-up-to-6-months-single-or-multiple-entry

Now if your boyfriend is a professor at a university, doctor, teacher, banker, pilot etc it should not be too difficult if you have savings and your own house to put him up in.

If your boyfriend works in animation in a hotel or has no job then it will be very difficult.

They consider the run away risk + your finances + their finances = answer

MAXLOC

Very difficult to get him to uk, have a read through some more relevant threads and google "bezness", there is a small chance a real relationship may develop but the odds are stacked against it unfortunately. You are probably being targeted for money and/or a visa, especially if your guy works in the tourist industry. Sorry to be negative but we see countless examples like you and it very rarely ends well. I would treat it as a fun holiday fling but move on with your life and don't look back.
Thank you so much for your honesty, in my gut I have felt this but had the smallest hope I might be wrong

Jane BM

As Kris says, you need to check out the UKVI website for all the visa regulations. For a VV, it's very difficult to get, as they often refuse on their 'intent to return', which unless he's got a really good career, home, commitments would likely be the stumbling block.

A long distance relationship is really really difficult, now is the right time to be thinking whether you can do it or not...before it's too late and you're sucked into the relationship. You are potentially setting yourself for heartbreak...both financially and emotionally.

Your question how difficult it'd be IF it worked out for him to come here permanently....firstly you'd need to earn over £18,600 as his sponsor, and yes there is a lot of paperwork that'd need to be done.

Good luck with any decision you make. X

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Save your heart the trouble if you don't have a lot of money and or he has a good job.

Its mega expensive and statistically not going to work.

Would you go out with a guy with no prospects in the UK?

Essem

Staff member
Thank you so much for your honesty, in my gut I have felt this but had the smallest hope I might be wrong
You and thousands of others unfortunately :(

DARK ANGEL

As all our leaders said , keep yourself out of trouble , u said the difference of age 12 years , are you sure he is genuine therefore he is not looking for visa ? U can stay in touch using Internet , daily calls , text but you must know that's never enough , why you want to support him in case he comes to the uk?Are you sure you are the only woman in his life ?If he said wants you to back again , maybe just words !So try to discover this guy without paying for anything regarding your professional engagement,you too , inside you , you have many precautions against this kind of relationship !

Scottochott

As all our leaders said , keep yourself out of trouble , u said the difference of age 12 years , are you sure he is genuine therefore he is not looking for visa ? U can stay in touch using Internet , daily calls , text but you must know that's never enough , why you want to support him in case he comes to the uk?Are you sure you are the only woman in his life ?If he said wants you to back again , maybe just words !So try to discover this guy without paying for anything regarding your professional engagement,you too , inside you , you have many precautions against this kind of relationship !
So why disagree with my comments when you seem to be equally negative about the prospects?

MAXLOC

Thank you all so much for your comments, deep down I think I knew all of this, just need it said and confirmed to me, thank you all x

MAXLOC

So why disagree with my comments when you seem to be equally negative about the prospects?
Hi, I don't disagree with your comments mate, maybe I was picked up wrong, really do appreciate all your help and and advice

Scottochott

Hi, I don't disagree with your comments mate, maybe I was picked up wrong, really do appreciate all your help and and advice
Not you, my comment was directed to DA :)