Visa

Rachel ambrose

I was wondering whether anyone can help.

My tunisian boyfriend has told me he will not be granted a visa from tunisia to leave the country even if he is granted one to enter the UK. What is required for a Tunisian to leave the country?

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Rachel welcome to the forum, what makes your BF so sure he wouldn't be allowed to leave Tunisia. There is criteria to meet, basically the onus falls on you should it be a visa for settlement here. Main factor being the earnings rule, youm ust earn £18600 per year. We have many threads in the visa section on here have a scroll through.

Rachel ambrose

Its just for a holiday visa which he said they would refuse him

Trulymadlydeeply

Then the onus will be on him, he needs to prove 100% his intent to return to Tunisia. So, work contract, maybe he is the sole provider for his family etc.

Rachel ambrose

My BF said that he has to have a full time working contract which lasts more than a year and also have money in a bank account for the Tunisian government to grant him leave.

Rachel ambrose

Or family outside of Tunisia

gem15

It has absolutely nothing to do with the Tunisian government, the sole decision is down to the British embassy.

He is right thou, he will need to be in full time employment and have money in the bank. Having property in his name also helps in the process

Scottochott

Isn't there some sort of restriction of "fighting age" young men leaving the country?

Njt11

There is a new thing that says if they get called up they can't leave country for a period of time (think 1 or 2 years) and can't marry until completed service...when I emailed the embassy they were unsure when this ruling will come into force

gem15

I've known 2 guys who have recently travelled to the UK all within "fighting age" and they have left with no problems. I only thought there was restriction if travelling to Turkey.

Njt11

My boyfriend came to morocco with no problems, that was August. think this new rule was announced in December, as I say I don't know if it has been used yet...

gem15

My boyfriend came to morocco with no problems, that was August. think this new rule was announced in December, as I say I don't know if it has been used yet...
yeah these guys left just before xmas and have recently returned home so not sure if its been put in place yet.

salimlov

I was wondering whether anyone can help.

My tunisian boyfriend has told me he will not be granted a visa from tunisia to leave the country even if he is granted one to enter the UK. What is required for a Tunisian to leave the country?
hello im tunisian and i felt the same when i applyed for my fiance visa i didnt think one day they gonna accept it but finally they accepted it and im preaparing my self to go to the uk just its a result of logique thinking that we do here a tunisian citizen is not wanted in europe good luck

Amr

There is no such thing..
You have a UK visa .. Nobody in Tunis will forbid you from going there..
Unless you're going to Syria or Iraq or any war zone..
Although people with criminal records (more than 3 months in jail) may even have some troubles to sort out a passport ..but of course without a passport you won't be able to get the visa to begin with..

Finally after 1 year and 23 days our Visa is Completed just now waiting for the US embassy for Tunisia to make a date for my husband to come in and do his interview EL. HAMDOULELAH... :happy:

Rosewater

Finally after 1 year and 23 days our Visa is Completed just now waiting for the US embassy for Tunisia to make a date for my husband to come in and do his interview EL. HAMDOULELAH... :happy:
Finally!!! ,congrats my friend

Thanks it was a long road but thanks Allah now just getting the Embassy to say yes then we will be able to really start our new life inshallah

Rosewater

Thanks it was a long road but thanks Allah now just getting the Embassy to say yes then we will be able to really start our new life inshallah
Tell him never go back to the shithole ( tunisia ) lol

Oh he will have to go back and spend time with his family the place he is from is so wonderful. Not like the places north of Tunisia. Where are you from?

Rosewater

Oh he will have to go back and spend time with his family the place he is from is so wonderful. Not like the places north of Tunisia. Where are you from?
It was a joke lol
i am from tunisia (north )