Visa

Nizar.M

Plz ineed answers

Hi my name is NIZAR and i am tunisian actually live in tunisia and i am going to get married with a irish woman settel in UK. iknew my girlfriend since two years now our first meeting was over internet she come to me twice for 15 days each. she have 3 sons and we find this so hard coz she cant live or come to me many times. and idid read in some post in this helpfull forum that we need to get married 21 days before apply for a settelement visa but this is impossible for here to come for 1 mounth coz her childrens. so plz what we will need to do and we r managing to post each other every 2 weeks and i am thinking even to save our msn video and txt conversation for the visa application. and iwant to know if the embassy will deal with her like a british citizen or no .plz can somebody help ? thank u very much.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

pej

Hi, I'm afraid I can't help you with your problem since I'm not British, but wish you the best of luck!

Lizj

I would advise you to keep every bit of evidence of all the contact you have had, flight tickets, letters, photo's and the things you mentioned.
Good Luck.

woudlg

Hi Nizar,

You can apply for a settlement visa as soon as you have your marriage contract (it usually takes a couple of days to be stamped by the local authority). The 21 days you've read about is something different - your girlfriend needs to go to her local registry office to register your planned marriage - they then put this on a board for 21 days and after that time they will give her a certificate to say that you can both marry (certificate of non-impediment) which she needs to take to Tunisia with her. If your girlfriend is divorced she will also need her divorce papers.

Is your girlfriend from Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland (South)? The British Embassy (Tunis) deal with applications from Northern Ireland, but I think that you may have to apply to the Irish Embassy if she's from the Republic of Ireland (though I'm not 100% sure).

To be honest, it will be easier for your wife-to-be to find out all of the information she needs by looking at websites like this one and by making enquiries at her local registry office.

Good luck!

Nizar.M

Hi Nizar,

You can apply for a settlement visa as soon as you have your marriage contract (it usually takes a couple of days to be stamped by the local authority). The 21 days you've read about is something different - your girlfriend needs to go to her local registry office to register your planned marriage - they then put this on a board for 21 days and after that time they will give her a certificate to say that you can both marry (certificate of non-impediment) which she needs to take to Tunisia with her. If your girlfriend is divorced she will also need her divorce papers.

Is your girlfriend from Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland (South)? The British Embassy (Tunis) deal with applications from Northern Ireland, but I think that you may have to apply to the Irish Embassy if she's from the Republic of Ireland (though I'm not 100% sure).

To be honest, it will be easier for your wife-to-be to find out all of the information she needs by looking at websites like this one and by making enquiries at her local registry office.

Good luck!

Thanks for all of ur hellps and reply and for ur question my girlfriend is from the Republic of Ireland but she is setteled in england since 25 years. and ihope the british embassy will deal with her case more easily well ihope so. whatever iwant to be with her so much and iwill.......

dizzyc

Online applications only?

I've read in another section that the Embassy will now only accept applications online? This will cause me a major problem and has put me off applying when i go next week!! I can't do it on-line here for my fella because I don't have enough information about his family's details etc etc & I have no way of scanning the documents they need. We were gonna fill it out while I'm in Tunisia and take it to the Embassy together. Is this not allowed anymore then? I know my fella hasn't got a computer at home - how would we do it on-line in Tunisia? Do they have internet cafes out there where we could do it? The next problem that I've got is that I read when you apply on-line they send you a date to come to the Embassy but I'm only there for a week so by the time he gets the letter I'll already be back home!! I'm really stressed out now - can anyone give me some advice please?

Bigbrother

There are internet in the hotels with broadband, its not expensive either. If I was you I'd complete the form and then call the embassy and ask them for an urgent appointment, explaining you're only there for a week. I don't think it would be too busy this time of year at the embassy. Scanning the documents shouldn't be a problem, any library should have one.
When we applied for our settlement visa, I didn't have all the correct birth date for his mum and dad!! I had the correct spelling of the family names, but the birthdays, that was another story!
You don't necessarily have to be present at the interview, and there's no guarantee you would be interviewed, it all depends on the day who gets interviewed. Best of luck.

Bigbrother

If you want to be able to do get the appointment whilst you are there, I would arrive at the embassy about 8am to try to guarantee a same day appointment. Good luck.

dizzyc

Thanks for that - I thought I had to scan my documents and send them on-line with the application. If I do the application on a computer in Tunisia how will they send an e-mail telling my fella when to go to the Embassy? (I'm sorry to sound stupid but I'm useless with computer technology!!) We're only applying for a visitor visa so I know I don't have to be there and I know that they won't interview me but I wanted to be there when he got the decision. I'll just have to take everything with me, apply on-line & then go home if we can't get an appointment while I'm there. It would have been so much easier the old way!

kellyc

Hi

Hi

Sorry guys, I may be really being the most blondest person in the world, but isnt this information the new updates for Algeria? The link Nicola you provided does say ithttp://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1017170890115,
but its reference is to Algiers. When you then click on www.visainfoservices.com, it offers you to apply online on by the paper form old way, Im getting so confused myself, I think its best if contact is made with the Embassy to clarify, as I am reading this to mean for Algeria, as I know they are clamping down on that process.

kellyc

I give up!

OK I give up, they are really confusing everything,

this is what they are saying :

Please note that the Embassy does not accept applications by post. If you must travel a long distance to the visa office, visit the Embassy website before you start your journey for any important information that may affect you.

So are they saying that the preference is online and if you need to apply in person then you still can?!

dizzyc

Kelly, I'm glad you're not the only one who's confused!! I think it MUST be a blonde thing (I'm blonde too). That's why my name on here is dizzyc, my name's Claire but everyone calls me dizzy claire because I often get confused!! I might ring the Embassy & get clarification, I don't want to go all the way there & not be able to sort it. When I get an answer I'll post it on here xx

Bigbrother

I would set up a hotmail address for him.

vickit69

Hi, i've just read the General information sheet from the British Embassy and it says "You CAN now apply on-line" but doesn't say you have too. I'm not blonde and i'm confused so good luck Dizzyc and we all await your answer from the Embassy. xx

Lizj

I'm going to set up a hotmail acct for H. he is going to apply on-line from a friends house but I will be able to access the email here too.

Nicola, in reply to the other thread, when H went to the Embassy earlier this year we were lucky in that the woman looked thru the stuff prior to taking the fee and advised what was missing. In complete naivity we had not put in a copy of my passport and he was only working cash-in-hand so therefore had no employment letters, payslips etc. We have since then been trying to find something to prove his 'intent to return', after searching everywhere and hints from this site etc we are going to use the paperwork he has from the municipality with the date of his next divorce hearing on 8th Feb as his commitment to return. I emailed UKVISA'S and they replied 'this would be appropriate' although added that they could not guarantee the outcome or pre-judge it. So fingers crossed, I'm panicking now as my current acct is permanently overdrawn and my savings acct is dwindling fast although there is plenty there to sustain 1 visitor in my home for a couple of weeks, but who knows what they will consider enough?????

dizzyc

Well I phoned the Embassy at 3.30pm and they're closed even though the message says that their opening hours are until 4.30pm. How frustrating!! I e-mailed the Embassy two weeks ago about a different matter and they haven't replied yet so there's no point sending another e-mail. I will try to phone them again tomorrow. I've got such a headache and I'm seriously considering not bothering - it's easier for me to just book another holiday and go back to Tunisia in a couple of months. I only wanted him to come for two weeks!! I didn't realise how lucky we are in the UK to be able to travel wherever we want.

Lizj

Dizzy,
I've just emailed Worldbridge to clarify, hopefully they will reply they did the next day when I emailed them a few weeks ago.
I'm blonde too and if I wasn't confused before then I am now!!

kellyc

Hehe

Have I started a blonde trend, I am blonde too so I can call myself silly as I can be often!!

It really is confusing and you can never trust the information you read online, so I would stongly suggest to anyone that is applying soon to contact the Embassy first, so much gets changed on these news pages its unreal and im sure they will not be refusing - in person applications - maybe they are trying to cut it down, but I would think if you were here and went to them you could get an appointment as it says on the website.

We all know about the new forms Nicola, I think the confusion is just with the process of applying. Dizzy I'm feeling your frustration Im lucky I guess because Im only 20 mins away from the Embassy and living with my fiance and were applying in February for a 2 week holiday but even Im contemplating that idea now!!!

Well I hope someone gets a response to clarify and actually hear it from the horses mouth so to speak, Im going to Berge Du Lac this week and may be going to the Embassy to clarify some other information, so if anyone wants me too bombard them just PM me.

Lizj

Just had an email from them to confirm receipt of mine so as soon as I get an answer I will post it. I'm now off for a nervous breakdown, oh and some chocolate, which is what started all this LOL

kellyc

Lol

Lol @ Liz - I did think that yesterday we started chatting about chocolate and gift ideas and now weve moved onto this :D well Ill be popping into our favourite place this week should have thought about it before bearing in mind I am so close but do let us know the reply if you receive one before I go. Enjoy your choc x