Visa

Lizj

Ludicrus, total numb skulls. Its a good job you live nearby Kelly, do they think people have got nothing better to do with their time but run backwards and forwards at their beck and call because they can't get their act together. I hope you get the answers you need on Monday.

Thanks Nicola, your news did put a smile on my face, just hope they don't muck it up though!!!!!!!!!

Lizj

Can anyone give me an idea of how long between sending the on-line app. and them giving you an appt. to take in your papers and fee. H is hoping to do the on-line app. tomorrow but my papers are being taken over by someone on Sunday. I'm sure they can't possibly be that quick but ?????? just wanted to put my mind at rest.

Lizj

Thanks Nicola, that does help, I thought when they emailed you they told you when to take the stuff in. Well here goes with our attempt, I'll be crossing everything. I'll let you all know the outcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liz

kellyc

Hi

Hi Nicola,

I'll let you know tomorrow LOL - didn't get there today as I was working my socks off, so inshallah I will get there tomorrow and report back - thanks hun for asking xx

Good luck Liz - fingers crossed for another successful application :) x

kellyc

Hi ya

Hi ya,

Im' finally back from the Embassy - been an absolute mental day but have accomplished soooo much. Ill just update all the info I received and sorry if I am repeating others advice already but just to clarify.

First stop was the visa section to which the very polite man on the desk refused to even speak and I'm sure he was half asleep anyway when I asked about the visa he threw a leaflet in to my hand and said ' no appointments here anymore' the leaflet states:

'New, faster, application procedure for a UK visa' You should apply online at www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk follow the step by step instructions and submit your form electronically directly to the Birtish Embassy in Tunis.

You will still have to attend the visa section in person to have your fingerscans taken. Please also bring with you a printed copy of the completed application form, your passport, supporting do***ents, photograph and the relevant fee.

Helpful I know - so the last stop was at the consular section - I just dont give in hehe,

Managed to sit and chat with an extremely helpful woman that was full of great info especially for my questions that I had and clarifed my info with my passport etc. She then said that the information about marriages is governed by the Tunisian Authorities and they just literally give out the information and that the reasons behind the confusion with the dates for birth certificates etc is because each registrar in each area determines the papers they want to accept - apparently nothing to do with the Embassy.

I then asked about the visa applications and she said that they are restricting the 'in-person' apps because they are so busy with them hence the online app and that is why if you ring or ask they will say 'only online apps only' however if you needed to visit in person as she said 'under difficult cir***stances' you would not be refused (though how you would get past the security on the gate is another story hehe). So basically your first step is online but if you can not do it, to ring them and try to arrange an appointment.

Well sorry this is long, but this is the report today hehe and I must say the woman I spoke too though cant remember her name as I was firing so many questions at her, was really helpful and stressed that they are just doing as they are told by the Tunisian Authorities.

Last stop - my local registrar - luckily my fiance is very good friends with the owner of the Muncipality in our village and so again I fired questions at him, he said that it is the responsibility of the registrar to accept the do***ents for example this birth certificate thing and the date of issue and they determine the dates not the Embassy (off topic I know but just in case as I am on a roll here LOL).

The Embassy have amended their info again for the Marriage I have a copy of it that she gave me today - no changes in prices unfortunately but the info so as soon as my scanner is working again I will attach a copy though I'm sure it may be on their site.

PHEW I'm done and off to breath now and relax as I've done soo much today and confirmed so much.

xxxx

dizzyc

Kelly

I'm really pleased that you've managed to get all your questions answered, I bet you feel a lot better now. I'm still not sure if we're gonna try for the visa but I've packed everything just incase and I'm off to bed in an hour coz I've got to get up at 1.30am to get my lift to the airport. I'm really excited, it's been 11 weeks since I saw my fella. I will let you know when I get back if we went to the Embassy or not but I just wanna say thanks for asking while you were there. Speak to you soon x

kellyc

Hi

Hi Dizzy,

Sorry it wasnt a lot of help, it was the most I could get out of them lol - have a safe flight tomorrow, enjoy your holiday and let me know how it goes. Speak soon hun x

Lizj

Thanks Kelly for getting the info. glad you were at least able to clarify your own stuff.

Dizzy just in case you get this before you go then have a great time. (ooooh I'm sooooo jealous!!)

Liz xx

K

Kamantha

Help

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this and first of all would like to wish everyone a happy new year. Has anybody that got married in Tunisia had their marriage certificate depositied in the GRO books? If so how long does it take to receive a letter stating that the marriage has been depositied? and I can obtain a marriage certificate translated in the UK? I have been waiting over eight weeks.

Thanks

Kamantha

Cathibou

I was married in Tunisia 12 years ago and have never checked to see if it was registered in the uk, I was told at the time by the British Embassy in Tunis that it would be but in all honesty I haven't ever thought to check. I have got both arabic and french marriage certificate, both obviously issued in Tunisia

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
The embassy should have sent it to the registry (liverpool I think) however I think you have to pay for this and thus could leave it.

nikki23

can you only fill in a visa form online?

Hey

Can you only fill in a visa form online now? as i went on the visa site to print my fiance a visa form for him to fill in by April and it says you have to use the internet now?

what exactly do i have to do?

xxx

nikki23

hey Nicola

thanks hun

how come i can still print off a application form from offline, i take it you have to fill that out as well as the one online??

nic

Lizj

Hi,
Some embassies are apparently still accepting paper applications hence you being able to print it off, but not Tunisia, they will only accept on-line ones. When you have completed it on-line they will send an email to the address you give and on that it gives you a ref. no. and a link to click onto, then you go back to this and you print off a copy and take that with you with all the other do***ents.

Good Luck

Sally

Hi

I'm going back to Tunisia on 17th Feb and we want to go to the Embassy together. Can I fill out the visa application online here myself a week before I go on behalf of my bf? And then will they gave us a date that coincides when I'm there do you think?

Thanks

Roseheart

Hi sally,
u can fill in application on his behalf yes but chances are u wont be likely to receive an appointment to coincide with your time in Tunisia... there is usually a waiting period.

RachaelLahmar

Does anyone know roughly howlong it would take from when you submit the application online to when you havethe interview? An adverage? Settlement visas BTW

Thanks in advance

dizzyc

Hi Rachael, if you look at Nicola's posts she applied for a settlement visa in November and it was accepted in January so I think you're looking at 8 weeks approximately. Nicola you can correct me if I'm wrong!!

woudlg

There was a backlog since September which seems to be clearing somewhat now - you're probably looking at a wait of nearer 3-4 weeks.

dizzyc

Woudlg - if that's true then that's really good news!! I'm trying not to get too excited now but I told my fiance last week that if we apply in February and it was accepted that he could be with me by April/May - so he could actually be here by the end of march if things go well!! Lets hope that in addition to the backlog clearing that they manage to sort their staff out & maybe send them all on a customer service course!!