Visit visa help :)

SamiiJ

Hello everyone :)

Me and hubby are going to apply for visit visa before settlement visa just for 2 weeks :).

He has a good job with a worldwide company who said they will give him a letter saying the date he will return etc..

What funds does he need for 2 weeks do you think? £1000 English pounds okay?

What else do we need to give in with the form?

Thank you everyone xx

missmetal

Hello everyone :)

Me and hubby are going to apply for visit visa before settlement visa just for 2 weeks :).

He has a good job with a worldwide company who said they will give him a letter saying the date he will return etc..

What funds does he need for 2 weeks do you think? £1000 English pounds okay?

What else do we need to give in with the form?

Thank you everyone xx
1000GBP should ok but if you can stretch it to 1400, then its 100GBP a day which is more than enough to prove to the UKBA that he has funds to support himself. I assume he has a bank statement showing his funds? That is important

Bank Statements
Pay stubs/slips
Letter of employment showing he has been granted vacation time
Itinerary - arrival and depart dates but also what he intends to do and see there (shopping and sites)
Who is he staying with? if you, send a copy of your passport. If he mentions that he is seeing any of his friends, then a copy of their passports and visa's to be in the country.
I went with hubby to the UK and I also attached my bank statements with his application.

Thats pretty much what I did for my hubby's visitors visa, but we were only there for about 5 days...and we stayed with friends.

SamiiJ

Thank you so much missmetal :)

He can get a letter from work granting the time off and stating the date he will return. He has his bank statements and pay slips too.
He will be seeing me and my family that's it :). We will be staying at my mums house so we are supplying his food etc..

Thanks for the advice :) xx

gem15

Get her to type a letter saying shes happy for him to stay there and all her contact details. Friends of ours were checked on a few years back to make sure they were staying there.

SamiiJ

Thank you gem :). I will be sure to do that :) xx

missmetal

Get her to type a letter saying shes happy for him to stay there and all her contact details. Friends of ours were checked on a few years back to make sure they were staying there.
Oh ya, good point. I emailed my friend to say we were coming and she replied saying we can stay with her. I added that email to the application too.

SamiiJ

I am going home for 3 weeks in a few days so I will get a letter from my mum then and her boyfriend while I am back to bring over :).
When I do an itinerary do I put the addresses of places we want to visit or not? Just a list of things we will do?

We can do 1400 GBP missmetal which is 100 GBP per day :)

Xx

pbf

I am just back from Tunisia and my husband has applied for "visitors visa" we are waiting to find out what happens apparently now after you have submitted papers in Tunis they are sent to Paris !!!!It has been more than 3 weeks now since papers have been submitted . It is now a waiting game . Can take at least 3months . Head is so stressed!!!

Jane BM

I am just back from Tunisia and my husband has applied for "visitors visa" we are waiting to find out what happens apparently now after you have submitted papers in Tunis they are sent to Paris !!!!It has been more than 3 weeks now since papers have been submitted . It is now a waiting game . Can take at least 3months . Head is so stressed!!!
Good luck pbf, hopefully you'll hear soon...

SamiiJ

Also we are doing the family visit so do we include a copy of our marriage certificate?
He is going to add 6 months of pay slips and bank statements :) is that enough?

SamiiJ

I am going home for 3 weeks in a few days so I will get a letter from my mum then and her boyfriend while I am back to bring over .
When I do an itinerary do I put the addresses of places we want to visit or not? Just a list of things we will do?

We can do 1400 GBP missmetal which is 100 GBP per day

Xx

Jane BM

Also we are doing the family visit so do we include a copy of our marriage certificate?
He is going to add 6 months of pay slips and bank statements :) is that enough?

Yes and yes....lol

SamiiJ

Thank you everyone :) x

missmetal

I am going home for 3 weeks in a few days so I will get a letter from my mum then and her boyfriend while I am back to bring over .

We can do 1400 GBP missmetal which is 100 GBP per day

Xx
Ya, if I were you, since you dont live at home, email your mom and tell her that you and your hubby are coming to visit and for X days. Then she can respond and acknowledge your visit and that you will be staying with them. I dont think it needs to be a formal letter. Mine was a casual email between two girlfriends and we called each other girlfriend in the email and how excited we were to see each other.

Its a good thing you can do the 100GBP a day, that should be more than enough especially since he does not need to pay for accommodation.

On the app, when he puts where will he be staying, he will write the name and address and how he knows them. Include their passports copies too. Be as open about it as possible.

You will def need your marriage certificate, the translated copy. I dont remember if it asks for the addresses on the visitors app for the sights you want to see, but it does ask what you intend to do there. I know it asked for the addresses of the people we were seeing and staying with. But if it does ask then go for it.

gem15

Ya, if I were you, since you dont live at home, email your mom and tell her that you and your hubby are coming to visit and for X days. Then she can respond and acknowledge your visit and that you will be staying with them. I dont think it needs to be a formal letter. Mine was a casual email between two girlfriends and we called each other girlfriend in the email and how excited we were to see each other.

Its a good thing you can do the 100GBP a day, that should be more than enough especially since he does not need to pay for accommodation.

On the app, when he puts where will he be staying, he will write the name and address and how he knows them. Include their passports copies too. Be as open about it as possible.

You will def need your marriage certificate, the translated copy. I dont remember if it asks for the addresses on the visitors app for the sights you want to see, but it does ask what you intend to do there. I know it asked for the addresses of the people we were seeing and staying with. But if it does ask then go for it.
We gave a copy of the wedding certificate in french, it doesnt need to be in english.

missmetal

We gave a copy of the wedding certificate in french, it doesnt need to be in english.
When i applied for hubby's visitors visa, they required a translated version, it was not an official translation just a friend did it for us and we attached it to the french version.

I think she will need an english vs for his settlement though.

SamiiJ

Thank you everyone :). Xxx

KB72

When i applied for hubby's visitors visa, they required a translated version, it was not an official translation just a friend did it for us and we attached it to the french version.

I think she will need an english vs for his settlement though.
So strange because the UKBA request official translations in English on their website. Just shows they don't stick to anything they say. We've applied for a family visa. We now are just waiting although I don't hold my hopes up too high even though we supplied a ridiculous amount of stuff.

Jane BM

So strange because the UKBA request official translations in English on their website. Just shows they don't stick to anything they say. We've applied for a family visa. We now are just waiting although I don't hold my hopes up too high even though we supplied a ridiculous amount of stuff.
Family visitors visa? Good luck...xx

KB72

Family visitors visa? Good luck...xx
Yeah thats the one. We don't hold much hope as I am sure their throwback will be the intent to return. We will have to see, maybe we will be lucky. If not it will be the spouse visa in April.