Visiting Djerba

Kowa

Aaah, my favourite is El-Majless coffe :)
-No we will go the next month and stay for 2 weeks, and after the summer when the baby has arriwed we will also go ;)
But it will only be a short while in Djerba for saying hello to all our friends there.My husbands family live in the middletunisia, (i dont wanna say where ) So we have to stay the most time with them.. :)

Kowa

No, we couldnt do that in 2010, but maybe they have changed it now? :) It would be alot easier....

Essem

Staff member
-No we will go the next month and stay for 2 weeks, and after the summer when the baby has arriwed we will also go ;)
But it will only be a short while in Djerba for saying hello to all our friends there.My husbands family live in the middletunisia, (i dont wanna say where ) So we have to stay the most time with them.. :)
His family will be so excited about the baby as well. You'll be pampered!

MellieC

HI Kowa, welcome to the forum, and congrats on your marriage, visa and baby due soon. I also used to live in Djerba! essem, as there is no norweigina embassy kowa can use any eea embassy in tunisia, but its usually designated ones for visa apps, but other consular/embassy services people have to be treated as if they are citizens of that state as they are all eea/eu

lainie

why do you not want to say where his family lives?

MellieC

why do you not want to say where his family lives?
maybe she wants to be "private" about it? or maybe shes concerned that people with think hes some hillbilly? but it pricked your interest because she made a point of saying it huh? lol

Kowa

Lainie : Becouse i dont wanna tell to much to alot of people i dont know ;) Is that a problem????

Kowa

MellieC:
Thank you :)
And thats right, but they have a Norwegian consulat in Tunis, where the lady talk norwegian and everything. That was easy to talk with her, she helped us with everything.
When did you live in Djerba? =)

Kowa

maybe she wants to be "private" about it? or maybe shes concerned that people with think hes some hillbilly? but it pricked your interest because she made a point of saying it huh? lol
Exactly :)

MellieC

MellieC:
Thank you :)
And thats right, but they have a Norwegian consulat in Tunis, where the lady talk norwegian and everything. That was easy to talk with her, she helped us with everything.
When did you live in Djerba? =)
early 2010. then we moved back to Hammamet, we lived in Midoun in Djerba, i never settled there as much as hubby hoped I would! I am glad to hear that your consulate were also very helpful, something of rare thing these days, or maybe its just the british, french, german, italian and spanish embassies that are not helpful in tunisia!

Kowa

I love Midoun! :) Thats sorry you didnt settle down godd there... How is Hammamet?
I dont know anything about all the other embassys, but i found the lady in the norwegian consulat very helpful. I had 2 meeting with her. 1 before i married my husband, cuz i wanted to know all the laws and my rights and everything. And the second meeting we had with her before we applied for the visa :)

lainie

Lainie : Becouse i dont wanna tell to much to alot of people i dont know ;) Is that a problem????
as mellie says, if you didn't want to tell people where they live then why mention ?!
no offence meant.

Kowa

Omg.... I will not tell where the family is from... Whats your problem?

MellieC

I love Midoun! :) Thats sorry you didnt settle down godd there... How is Hammamet?
I dont know anything about all the other embassys, but i found the lady in the norwegian consulat very helpful. I had 2 meeting with her. 1 before i married my husband, cuz i wanted to know all the laws and my rights and everything. And the second meeting we had with her before we applied for the visa :)
I think the problem for me with midoun was that everything was so different to how we had lived in hammamet previously, for me, it felt like midoun ~ djerba was great as a tourist but not so much for living there. I was happier back in hammamet, we left tunisia december 2010, just as the revolution started, but beofer anyone knew it was going to be a revolution if you understand what i mean, we were then in france until 2 weeks ago when we came to the UK. I am very impressed at how the norwegian embassy perform for its citizens, its a shame more embassies dont do the same!

MellieC

as mellie says, if you didn't want to tell people where they live then why mention ?!
no offence meant.
maybe so that people would then know not to ask, as many do?

MellieC

kowa, dont get angry, its natural that people would get curious, when you made the point of saying you will not say where he is from, if you had not mentioned it at all, maybe someone would have asked, but possibly not, but by actually saying that you dont want to say ~ that naturally makes people wonder why? I think this is a cultural difference? British would just not mention it at all, so when someone makes a statement like yours we find it strange, to our culture. No-one means you any offence, or has a problem with it, we just find it strange, becuase its different to how we would deal with not wanting to say something, we would probably wait until someone asked, and then say we didn't want to discuss where he was from (or whatever the subject was) with people we did not know personally. most of us have said where our hubbies are from, some of the girls here know each other quite well as they have met whilst being out in tunisia, because their hubbies live or work in the same towns. some of the wives/girlfriends have met because they live not far from each other in the UK. some have met because they were on the same flights, as most of the forum is actually british women, although its not exclusively british, which is the good thing about this forum, its open to EVERYONE, and much as we can have bad days, we are like an extended family, because all of us have a connection to tunisia, whether it be we live there, or have lived there, we holiday there, have husbands (and wives) or boyfriends there, or our husbands (and wives) are with us in various parts of the world but are tunisian. maybe when you have been here a while, and you feel more comfortable, you may chose to dislcose information, or you may not thats fine, if you join this forum today or have been here years, you are part of this sometimes crazy extended family. perhaps there are others here whose hubbies are from the same or nearby towns, so you have things in common, its only being friendly and getting to know you, its not trying to pry into what you want to keep private.

lainie

as i said above, no offence meant, i was simply explaining why i asked.
i do not have a problem and ask you not to be so rude or defensive.
convo over.

daffodil

I think the problem for me with midoun was that everything was so different to how we had lived in hammamet previously, for me, it felt like midoun ~ djerba was great as a tourist but not so much for living there. I was happier back in hammamet, we left tunisia december 2010, just as the revolution started, but beofer anyone knew it was going to be a revolution if you understand what i mean, we were then in france until 2 weeks ago when we came to the UK. I am very impressed at how the norwegian embassy perform for its citizens, its a shame more embassies dont do the same!
I have spent a lot of time in Norway, lived there for a while and i find their official systems very efficient indeed.

It is perfectly understandable to me that Norway has been voted the best country in the world to live for several yrs running.

I am impressed with a Tunisian who can withstand the cold there though:)

Kowa

kowa, dont get angry, its natural that people would get curious, when you made the point of saying you will not say where he is from, if you had not mentioned it at all, maybe someone would have asked, but possibly not, but by actually saying that you dont want to say ~ that naturally makes people wonder why? I think this is a cultural difference? British would just not mention it at all, so when someone makes a statement like yours we find it strange, to our culture. No-one means you any offence, or has a problem with it, we just find it strange, becuase its different to how we would deal with not wanting to say something, we would probably wait until someone asked, and then say we didn't want to discuss where he was from (or whatever the subject was) with people we did not know personally. most of us have said where our hubbies are from, some of the girls here know each other quite well as they have met whilst being out in tunisia, because their hubbies live or work in the same towns. some of the wives/girlfriends have met because they live not far from each other in the UK. some have met because they were on the same flights, as most of the forum is actually british women, although its not exclusively british, which is the good thing about this forum, its open to EVERYONE, and much as we can have bad days, we are like an extended family, because all of us have a connection to tunisia, whether it be we live there, or have lived there, we holiday there, have husbands (and wives) or boyfriends there, or our husbands (and wives) are with us in various parts of the world but are tunisian. maybe when you have been here a while, and you feel more comfortable, you may chose to dislcose information, or you may not thats fine, if you join this forum today or have been here years, you are part of this sometimes crazy extended family. perhaps there are others here whose hubbies are from the same or nearby towns, so you have things in common, its only being friendly and getting to know you, its not trying to pry into what you want to keep private.
I get a litle angry, cuz i cant see the problems you are seeing.... Not all people talk in the same way, and yes, for me its normal to say it the way i did.
Is it really like i have to pick my words carefully in here?
Just remember, english is not my native language....
And i did answer the first time, was there any point make a discussion again? ....

crazypink

I get a litle angry, cuz i cant see the problems you are seeing.... Not all people talk in the same way, and yes, for me its normal to say it the way i did.
Is it really like i have to pick my words carefully in here?
Just remember, english is not my native language....
And i did answer the first time, was there any point make a discussion again? ....
Your english is very good. You can give as much or as little information as you like here, its YOUR choice. We all have the right to our own opinion. You are to the point - nothing wrong with that! :)