visiting uk

debstyler

My hubby has his ILR can he travel to France without me & would he need a visa??

Jane BM

My hubby has his ILR can he travel to France without me & would he need a visa??
If he's going without you he'd need a Schengen visa....I do know people who've been in your situation and driven from the UK over to Tunisia for example, without their spouses and they had no problems as long as they had their Schengen visa.
I'd give the French embassy a ring.

Trulymadlydeeply

He can go wherever he wants as long as he obtains the appropriate visa.

debstyler

If he's going without you he'd need a Schengen visa....I do know people who've been in your situation and driven from the UK over to Tunisia for example, without their spouses and they had no problems as long as they had their Schengen visa.
I'd give the French embassy a ring.
Thanks Jane I thought that was just having a malteser moment!! He has (like most tunes!) family in France and the plan was to visit them and then drive down to Tunisia with his cousin tho think it might be more hassle than its worth as there is no French embassy in NI!!

Jane BM

Thanks Jane I thought that was just having a malteser moment!! He has (like most tunes!) family in France and the plan was to visit them and then drive down to Tunisia with his cousin tho think it might be more hassle than its worth as there is no French embassy in NI!!
Couldn't you contact the one in London and enquiry as to whether it can be done via post....surely must be able to do that.

debstyler

Couldn't you contact the one in London and enquiry as to whether it can be done via post....surely must be able to do that.
It says they have to apply in person for biometrics!!

Trulymadlydeeply

Very expensive too. Unless hes taking lots of stuff over he's better off flying to France then onto Tunisia...

debstyler

Very expensive too. Unless hes taking lots of stuff over he's better off flying to France then onto Tunisia...
Or just fly to Tunisia and meet his cousin there instead of messing about!!

Jane BM

It says they have to apply in person for biometrics!!
Didn't realise they needed biometrics for a schengan visa!! They've already got their biometrics done.

Jane BM

Or just fly to Tunisia and meet his cousin there instead of messing about!!
That's far too logical and straightforward!! For some reason they've all got it in their heads to do this at least once...lol

debstyler

That's far too logical and straightforward!! For some reason they've all got it in their heads to do this at least once...lol
Logical and straightforward what's that??? Lol

missmetal

Didn't realise they needed biometrics for a schengan visa!! They've already got their biometrics done.
Damn I hope not, times have changed then since I got mine. I remember we needed bio for the UK visa for hubby....but we might be in europe this year so he'll need a schengen too.