Visitor's Visa process

wee maz

Hi all, have’nt been on alot in recent times  im hoping someone can come to my rescue or more so my bestfriends rescue, lol! Anyway she’s not a member of T.com and she had ask me to come online and see can anyone on here help!
She’s currently trying to fill out the online visitor’s visa application, she’s pulling her hair out already! Lol! Has anyone else recently applied for a visitors visa, or recently been granted one that can help her? Any advice would be really welcome!
Also she wants me to ask is it possible for someone to translate for her the information she needs to fill in the first page of the application as she is finding it really difficult to get him to understand what she needs from him!
Could someone please translate that shes needs the following:
• Given Name(s) as in passport
• Family Name(s) as in passport
• Other Names
• Date of Birth (he keeps saying different dates, she’s totally confuddled, Dont think its getting through 2 him what shes saying at all! Lol)
Thank you so much in advance xx

MellieC

why doesn't she ask him to send a copy of his passport to her? fax or scanned and emailed, she will have all the info then, and as she will need that info further along it would be a good idea!

if they are having so much trouble understanding names and how its spelt (albeit in passports they are sometimes different ~ Freds IS!!) I think they need to work on the relationship a bit never mind thinking about visa's!

IF she downloads the GUIDANCE NOTES it tells you what info is needed on each section ~ it would help her to read that then she will know exactly what info she needs from him, which she should have got before starting the applicaton, and as always ITS HIS APPLICATION why don't these guys do any of it themselves????

its better to download a copy FIRST and go through it filling it in so that when youdo the online app you just copy what you have!!

makes it a lot easier to have the docuemnts to hand FIRST!

good luck to your friend with the application!

Jenny

just out of curiousity...how are they communicating if she can't get him to understand those simple questions?

Essem

Staff member
My thoughts exactly!

MrsEnkhili

my thoughts are i wouldnt advice it to be honest. they are really hard to get and there are so many people applying at the moment. my hubby has recently been refused to come WITH me to england let alone go from here to see your best friend on his own unles they have ALOT of msn convos etc they can use to prove their relationship how long they been together xx

Jenny

I would say that being granted a visitors visa mostly depends on the person as apply, his or her financial status in their home country. Good financial status in their home country meens a less risk that the person as apply for a visitors visa will break their visa and not return. A friend of mine living in UAE but with Egyptian nationality was visiting Sweden for two weeks, and it was no problem for him getting a visitors visa. And to get a visa to sweden is as difficult as to get one to uk.

So therefor I would say that it's all up to the financial status of the person as apply for the visa wether he/she will get it or not.

orlandobird

Hi
Can anyone tell me if a Tunisian gets a refusal for a visit visa to the UK will this have any negative effect on there future travel plans and if they then decide later down the line to apply for a settlement visa will it affect this??

Many thanks.

Marie1959

My hubby was refused the visitors visa hun and has recently been refused the settlement visa now we are married but this is nothing to do with the refusal of the visitors visa

orlandobird

Wow even after you are married you get refused!! I did not expect that. What grounds were you refused on?? I cant believe that!!!

tblueyez

Hi to you both.good morning,my friends bf got a visitors visa granted with in a week,i carnt belive how easy he got it at all.he came over yesterday for 2 weeks to spend xmas with her,allthough im sure he got it for 3 or 6 months,but dew to work he has to return sooner..I thought it was harder for a visitors visa than a seetlement one.Marie1959 so sorry you were rufused on both occasions,hopefully he will be here soon with you,all the best to you bothxx.

CAIRO

My husband was refused a visitor visa in Jan 2010, we reapplied in March/April and he was granted one. He has just been given his settlement visa and arrives (hopefully) tomorrow. Think it would be harder to be refused a settlement then apply for a visitor visa. Just keep at it xx

tblueyez

My husband was refused a visitor visa in Jan 2010, we reapplied in March/April and he was granted one. He has just been given his settlement visa and arrives (hopefully) tomorrow. Think it would be harder to be refused a settlement then apply for a visitor visa. Just keep at it xx
:)hi cairo hope you ok hun,,how excited are you then?tomorrow WOW he will be here all being well with the airports.which one is he flying into hun?what a lovely xmas gift hey xxx.

orlandobird

tblueeyez - Wow that is great news for your friend. Can I ask what is his job?? My bfriend has not applied for one yet but we have been thinking about it but reading some of the posts on here it sounds like it is pretty hard to get a yes!
Cairo - That is good news for you. I like reading positive storys as there are so many negative storys about visas on here.
x

tblueyez

hi orlandobird hooe you are well.my friend is a teacher and her bf i think has somethinbg to do with animation,im sure he teaches the young ones or something,bear in mind,he has been to europe before and thats why he probadly got it so qiuck and easy,im not sure though..I hope you do get it.nothing is easy is it?all the best hun xx.

DebbieZebbes

My hubby was refused the visitors visa hun and has recently been refused the settlement visa now we are married but this is nothing to do with the refusal of the visitors visa
Hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky for you, but what disappointments you've had. Good luck

orlandobird

Yep it is defo not easy. My bfriend also works in animation so I think it will be hard for him to get the visa as I think they might say his job is low wage so he has not much to come back to. He has a brother who is in the UK and married to a English girl. He has been there for 6 years but my boyfriend has never felt the need to go and visit him!!
I am hoping this might help but I think it could also be looked at on as a negative the fact if he did stay over his visa he would have help in the UK.
You cant win!!!

aljaye

We were turend down becasue he had no bank account and no proof of work his boss is one of the richest men in sousse and a complete tosser..we will try again in a few months..but he also knows someone whos girlriend sent him monry to out in the bank and was rturned down becausee he had too much money for a waiter and they wanted to know where he got it!!

orlandobird

So you just cant win!!
But doe's anyone know if you do get it refused if it has any impact on future travel plans or visa's etc.
Thanks

Marie1959

Stupid reasons my hubby was refused his visa they said the job he has been offered didnt state what pay it was and hours and it clearly states 37 hours a week at the national minimum wage so we have appealed and hopefully will get it overturned without actually getting a court date but god help them if i have to go see them face to faceI have a few things i want to say about the way these visa's are dealt with to come to the UK. The only way that a refusal will affect any more travelling and other visa applications is if it is a refusal for being a criminal or something like that so there should be no problem at all.
Hope all works out well for you and wish you all the very best for Christmas and 2011 xxx

CAIRO

So you just cant win!!
But doe's anyone know if you do get it refused if it has any impact on future travel plans or visa's etc.
Thanks
No it does not !