Visitor's Visa

gem15

What part of Tunisia is he from?

Zoe Faithfull

Hope it calms down soon for him, not a nice situation to be in.
i know. i feel so sorry for him and kills me i cant do anything. he says he doesnt want to come to UK either now.....

Jane BM

he says that 1. it is not safe, 70% chance of getting hurt and 2. he has no money. he has been ill and not been working, to they have replaced him :(
70% chance of getting hurt? Don't you think he's being a bit dramatic Zoe? I mean I know it's not particularly politically stable but I think saying there's a 70% chance of being hurt is extreme to say the least....

No matter what we are seeing and hearing on the news we have to keep it all in context a bit...nowhere is totally safe...personally as I've said before I'd rather be walking down a street in Tunisia at night than in the centre of Birmingham. Serious crime is NOT the norm their...but unfortunately it's what makes the news...

Don't see why this makes him not want to apply for a VV though. Hope he's not playing mind games......

Zoe Faithfull

70% chance of getting hurt? Don't you think he's being a bit dramatic Zoe? I mean I know it's not particularly politically stable but I think saying there's a 70% chance of being hurt is extreme to say the least....

No matter what we are seeing and hearing on the news we have to keep it all in context a bit...nowhere is totally safe...personally as I've said before I'd rather be walking down a street in Tunisia at night than in the centre of Birmingham. Serious crime is NOT the norm their...but unfortunately it's what makes the news...

Don't see why this makes him not want to apply for a VV though. Hope he's not playing mind games......
this is where im beginning to have my doubts jane, he is saying now that he doesnt want to some here....:(

Trulymadlydeeply

If you went you could stay in a resort with him the tourist areas are fine.

Zoe Faithfull

If you went you could stay in a resort with him the tourist areas are fine.
i would if i could, but he has to travel from Kebilli to enfidha to got to the airport and he has no money for it

Jane BM

this is where im beginning to have my doubts jane, he is saying now that he doesnt want to some here....:(
Sorry Zoe, but I'd be having doubts as well. Also he could always get the louage there, they aren't expensive.

Jasmine

70% ?? Random figure - would say 50/50 :confused:

And him not wanting to come here - feeling sorry for himself! Tell him to get a grip! :D

Zoe Faithfull

70% ?? Random figure - would say 50/50 :confused:

And him not wanting to come here - feeling sorry for himself! Tell him to get a grip! :D
thats what i thought. think he is feeling sorry for himself a bit too much. he has man flu ;)

Jasmine

thats what i thought. think he is feeling sorry for himself a bit too much. he has man flu ;)
Then he needs a quick sharp kick up the rear! Man flu?? Jeez! :rolleyes: Ive had it for weeks :D Im still functioning.. Dont let excuse after excuse sway you ;) They're big kids...

Zoe Faithfull

Then he needs a quick sharp kick up the rear! Man flu?? Jeez! :rolleyes: Ive had it for weeks :D Im still functioning.. Dont let excuse after excuse sway you ;) They're big kids...
same here. im still getting on with it too. yea they are all big kids, never grow up lol ;)

Scottochott

What dangers is he talking about? I'm not saying Tunisia is 100% safe, no country is, but things are relatively calm here at the moment. Cannot afford a louage? You can travel the breadth of the country for a few dinars. Sorry to be blunt but wake up and smell the coffee, you are being played

Essem

Staff member
Could that be reverse psychology so that you'll beg or try to persuade him to be with you.

Next time he mentions that, tell him that it's no problem you will come and stay with him in Kebili ;)

Zoe Faithfull

What dangers is he talking about? I'm not saying Tunisia is 100% safe, no country is, but things are relatively calm here at the moment. Cannot afford a louage? You can travel the breadth of the country for a few dinars. Sorry to be blunt but wake up and smell the coffee, you are being played
totally agree with you. where are you?

Zoe Faithfull

Could that be reverse psychology so that you'll beg or try to persuade him to be with you.

Next time he mentions that, tell him that it's no problem you will come and stay with him in Kebili ;)
thats the plan.....when i speak to him next that is lol ;)

Scottochott

totally agree with you. where are you?
I'm based in chott meriem near Sousse, but have just travelled south to Djerba where I am at the moment. We actually remarked how few police we saw on roundabouts, etc, always a good barometer of how the security situation is.