Visitor's Visa

gem15

The crime at the moment is hit and miss. Friends of ours were travelling in a car going into Sousse from Kantaoui when a car and 2 bikes were trying to run them off the road. Lucky they knew it wasnt normal so they kept going to the nearest police station. The police told them if it happens next time to knock them off the bike. He said its better for his mother to cry than yours. Unfortunately its becoming more and more frequent.

The reason why people talk about crime so much nowadays is because in Ben Ali days it would never of happened. Its a huge change!

But I must say I do feel safer in London than I do here BUT if your careful and keep your wits about you, you shouldnt come into any danger. Ive taken to locking my car doors everytime i get in which is what i did when i was living in the UK.

salim

The crime at the moment is hit and miss. Friends of ours were travelling in a car going into Sousse from Kantaoui when a car and 2 bikes were trying to run them off the road. Lucky they knew it wasnt normal so they kept going to the nearest police station. The police told them if it happens next time to knock them off the bike. He said its better for his mother to cry than yours. Unfortunately its becoming more and more frequent.

The reason why people talk about crime so much nowadays is because in Ben Ali days it would never of happened. Its a huge change!

But I must say I do feel safer in London than I do here BUT if your careful and keep your wits about you, you shouldnt come into any danger. Ive taken to locking my car doors everytime i get in which is what i did when i was living in the UK.
I heard something like that so be careful !

SJK

What is it 'they' say...patience is a virtue!!
Yeah something along those lines lol! Well he got the email today saying his passport is ready to be collected on Thursday but they didn't tell us yes or no....shaking like a leaf now!

Jane BM

Yeah something along those lines lol! Well he got the email today saying his passport is ready to be collected on Thursday but they didn't tell us yes or no....shaking like a leaf now!
Ah I shall keep everything crossed for you both.....you MUST let us know....

SJK

Ah I shall keep everything crossed for you both.....you MUST let us know....
I will don't worry, if it wasn't for the support from the members on here I think we'd still be going round in circles

SJK

It got rejected and now I don't know what to do

Jasmine

You have the right to appeal! 28 CALENDAR days from the date stated on the refusal. On what grounds was it refused? Dont say on open boards if you dont want...

SJK

It was based on both bank accounts closing statements not being very high in funds but that's easily sorted and his contract with the club he plays for ending in June as the football season finishing. Which hopefully he's going to speak with the coach to get a letter confirming that they are reviewing it. We are applying again in a few weeks...I'll fight tooth and nail for my man to be with me.

daffodil

Im sorry to hear your news SJK.....

We were refused first time round, we appealed and they overturned it no explaination whatsoever at all.... I just added an extra saving account in with the appeal that i had not enc and had my accountant explain my profit and loss account in a clear and concise way

It is worth appealing if you can get some extra documentation about the football contract etc...

If you can sort out the bank funds then and explain where the extra money comes from that should be enough get it overturned on appeal...

SJK

We were refused first time round, we appealed and they overturned it no explaination whatsoever at all.... I just added an extra saving account in with the appeal that i had not enc and had my accountant explain my profit and loss account in a clear and concise way

It is worth appealing if you can get some extra documentation about the football contract etc...

If you can sort out the bank funds then and explain where the extra money comes from that should be enough get it overturned on appeal...
Well they said that we could only appeal under a certain act and nothing in that act counts for us so we're just going to pick ourselves up and reapply

daffodil

Good Luck with your application.........

It is very stressful but keep fighting you will get there in the end..

Whatever it is they have asked you to reapply on, make sure you cover it and leave no room for error..

Jane BM

It was based on both bank accounts closing statements not being very high in funds but that's easily sorted and his contract with the club he plays for ending in June as the football season finishing. Which hopefully he's going to speak with the coach to get a letter confirming that they are reviewing it. We are applying again in a few weeks...I'll fight tooth and nail for my man to be with me.
Best of luck SJK...they really do seem to want cast iron guarantees on the 'intent to return' aspect of the visitor visa don't they!!! But hopefully you've got the refusal points covered and can get it overturned quickly,

Really sorry it didn't happen first time round, I'm sure you're fed up with it, but I'm sure you'll get there...xx

SJK

Thanks guys, I've just done a double shift and can't wait to get home and have a good cry to get the stress out of my system. I feel like I'm having to stay strong for both of us and he's really took it hard and has lost his usual spark.

Jane BM

Thanks guys, I've just done a double shift and can't wait to get home and have a good cry to get the stress out of my system. I feel like I'm having to stay strong for both of us and he's really took it hard and has lost his usual spark.
Yep, have a good cry, feel a little sorry for yourself (you're entitled), then get your appeal in...it'll take a few days to sink in I'm sure. Fortunately you already know that hopefully you have good grounds for appeal. Xx

Essem

Staff member
Sorry to hear this SJK. Is it out of the question for you to go live in Tunisia?

Essem

Staff member

Previously, when people were interviewed, they were given a copy of the questions asked and answers given and relevant reasons for refusal.

Surely they have to give a reason why not so that if there is anything you haven't covered, you can resolve?

Does anyone know if you are made aware of any previous attempts/refusals that the applicants may have made and perhaps been refused? (I suppose that's up to the guy involved being truthful in the first place though?)

SJK

We can fix the accounts, but he can't get anything to tie him to the country. I have wrote a letter explaining that I would ensure he goes back to Tunisia and would buy a return flight and will take full responsibility for him. I also mentioned that we intend to marry in his city in Decemeber. Would this help?

We've also gone for 6 weeks instead of 3 months visit to bring down costs. I'm really angry that there is a genuine reason and they are trying to say he's going to work...the only thing he's going to work on is in English and his relationship with my family! :eek:

Anyone got any suggestions?

We agreed to try again but he's now just wanting to give in and wait. And for me to go over next month, I'm in a new job and even though I'm settled in this job I'm still on probation and cannot just drop everything and run to him like I have in the past.

I feel like I'm hitting a brickwall as we did everything they asked for and more but we got refused!

If when we are married and he can't come over then me moving over there will have to be the only way forward, though it will hurt my family.

Jane BM

We can fix the accounts, but he can't get anything to tie him to the country. I have wrote a letter explaining that I would ensure he goes back to Tunisia and would buy a return flight and will take full responsibility for him. I also mentioned that we intend to marry in his city in Decemeber. Would this help?

We've also gone for 6 weeks instead of 3 months visit to bring down costs. I'm really angry that there is a genuine reason and they are trying to say he's going to work...the only thing he's going to work on is in English and his relationship with my family! :eek:

Anyone got any suggestions?

We agreed to try again but he's now just wanting to give in and wait. And for me to go over next month, I'm in a new job and even though I'm settled in this job I'm still on probation and cannot just drop everything and run to him like I have in the past.

I feel like I'm hitting a brickwall as we did everything they asked for and more but we got refused!

If when we are married and he can't come over then me moving over there will have to be the only way forward, though it will hurt my family.
It's good that you're thinking about plan B IF he doesn't get his settlement visa in the future, but remember its a little more cut and dried now as far as the regulations on earnings are concerned, so if you earn over £18,600 AND you can prove the rest, ie genuine relationship etc, which I'm sure you can, then there's a very strong case for it to be granted.

As far as your current situation, everything you can throw at them for sure will help....no it's not ideal to have to just drop everything every month and go!! But unfortunately it's what a lot of us did have to do if we wanted to be with them. You are absolutely doing the right and sensible thing in trying to get him a VV first so that he can get to know your family and you've got some serious time together before you commit to marriage. Shame really the UKBA can't see that....

Is there no way his employers can write to say that he will be recommending work when he gets back? Does he rent anywhere there that has a rental agreement or something?