Weather in November....

Njt11

anyone been to Tunisia recently or is there now to tell me what the weather is like pleeeeeease???!!!! I'm sat, surrounded by clothes for all seasons....don't think "hot a bit and cold a bit" is a good enough description for me to plan!! I go Thursday for 10 days, thanks anyone!!xx

sass

depends if you are going north or south, I was there Wednesday but in Tunis, I took a jacket but didn't wear it, I wore mostly jeans and t shirts and jumpers/sweatshirts, wish I had taken a Summer dress as got quite warm sometimes, it was between 22 and 24 degrees but got a bit nippy when the sun went in and also in the evenings, if you're going to the South then obviously a little warmer there, hope that helps a little

gem15

In Sousse its about 22-23 during the day but gets a bit nippy at night. We've started putting the heating on but you may find it warm coming from England.

Njt11

Thanks both, I'm staying in hammamet....I'm packed now, not entirely sure if I've got a matching outfit but it's done now!!!!xx

scotty_bambam

Thanks both, I'm staying in hammamet....I'm packed now, not entirely sure if I've got a matching outfit but it's done now!!!!xx
I was in Tunis last week and i boiled! I took jumpers and long boots.was even mild at night and I wax too warm in the hotel room and the hotel had switched the air con off I've been in me kef in October and its been chilly at night.

Njt11

Thanks!!!!i will prob be the same as you!!!!

LeyLey93

Hey, I was in Hammamet 2nd-10th of November. Was very pleasant during the day, mostly sunny around 20 something degrees. The odd day you might need a cardigan. The evenings were quite chilling and I wore my biker jacket most nights. I would always have something warm with you during the day, just in case :)

Njt11

Thank you @LeyLey93 xx how is everyone finding Tunisia when visiting since attacks and changed travel advice?x

LeyLey93

i found it a very strange experience to be honest. it was my first time in Tunisia in the winter and my first time back since the attack. I'm used to seeing plenty of tourists around and just found it noticeably quieter. not seeing the staff at the airport and entourage of transfer coaches seemed strange to me aswell. really hope the advice changes soon.

sass

For me it's no different as my husband lives in Tunis and life is more or less the same there, economically, life is harder and in the tourist areas it's vastly different, a huge change in the general atmosphere, like all on here, wishing so much for a change in the near future, realistically though is not looking very likely.

Njt11

Thanks both, do you feel safe when there?? I have been worrying about it quite a bit and just wondered how everyone else found it?? @LeyLey93 where did you stay?? Do you live there too @sass or just visit husband there?x

LeyLey93

I was in Hammamet, staying close to Dar Hayat hotel. I feel safe there, I was stared at a lot mind you, but I'm use to that haha. My biggest concern was that I didn't have insurance and I am the clumsiest cow at the best of times. Luckily, nothing happened :D

sass

No, I don't live there and would not even consider doing so as i have children here and Tunisia's situation in general but I felt perfectly safe, honestly, the safety issue never even crossed my mind when I was there, best of all in Tunis, no one stares cos it's the capital even with blue eyes! I hope to return in March all being well and travel around the South and desert, I have the bonus of dark hair too so don't get noticed quickly. In the Summer, we visited Djerba, Sousse and Hammamet, the transition is noticeable from lack of tourists and extremely sad to see.

Njt11

Thanks you've set my mind at ease a little @sass hope you get there in March X

sass

Thanks so much Njt11, I can't leave too long a gap to see my husband, it's too hard, also I love travelling and exploring Tunisia as does my husband, going to alot of places which he has never managed to visit, hope you have a lovely time there without any worry.