what do i need to give my hubby for his visitors visa??

margaret

i recently got married to a tunisian man and i am expecting his baby in july so i would like him to come for a 6month family visit between july and december.
he works full time in tunisia and has financial evidence to support this.
im currently living with my mum who i care for i have done so for over 10years. i have written a letter of invitation and as he will be staying with me in my mums house would it be a good idea for her to write 1 to??
i read that i need to get a letter from the home office to confirm his stay in the uk can you tell me how i obtain that?
is there anything else i have to give him apart from the following wich i allready have
1. letter of invitation
2. copy of birth certifacate
3. copy of passport ( photo page)
4. copy of stamps from passport
5. map of address where he will stay
6. copy of pregnancy records

lainie

i recently got married to a tunisian man and i am expecting his baby in july so i would like him to come for a 6month family visit between july and december.
im currently living with my mum who i care for i have done so for over 10years. i have written a letter of invitation and as he will be staying with me in my mums house would it be a good idea for her to write 1 to??
i read that i need to get a letter from the home office to confirm his stay in the uk can you tell me how i obtain that?
is there anything else i have to give him apart from the following wich i allready have
1. letter of invitation
the ukba website tells you what you should supply.
we recently got vv and did not have to put in a home office letter

MellieC

1. letter of invitation
2. copy of birth certifaca
that would get you a NO.

you need to submit a LOT more than that, you are not showing any funds for his trip? preferably his.

you do not "invite" him, you support HIS application for a visa.

you do not need anything from the HO, there is nothing they can give you.

your "obstacle" will be to prove HIS intent to return to Tunisia, when the "pull" to the UK is a wife and more so that he then would have a child, and that he is willing and intends to be separated from the child.

margaret

hi
thats obviously not all i have got but what im asking about and the list i put up are the bits im unsure of and need advice

the funds he has for his trip is what he will have to submit hes got all his documents ready ie bank statements pay slips, a letter confirming hes a permanent member of staff and permission from his boss to take 6 months leave and still return to work. hes also got a very close family who he will return to theres no question of him not going back

and it told me on the borders agency website i need to write a letter of invitation. i have wrote the invitation stating that i support his trip to the uk for 6 months for the birth of his baby and to spend the first few months with him in the uk and the reason for this trip is the simple fact i dont want my baby to fly until he is at least 6 months so after the six months it will be fine for me to travel back and forward from tunisia to the uk.

it also states on the brittish embassy i need a letter from the home office confirming his stay in the uk wich i completely dont understand then your telling me i dont need it can i just ask do you know anyone who has been granted permission to stay in the uk??

thanks for the advice

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Margaret and welcome to the forum, try and make it less clinical and more personal to the both of you. Obviously you do need to tick the boxes and send everything relevant. Not heard about letter from the HO before not sure what that is and don't think they would give you anything anyway!? As Mel says the hardest thing of all is to PROVE he will return to Tunisia. Job contract in Tunisia, are they allowing him 6months off work?? Wil he be able to go back to the same job?? Does he support/provide for the family their???

marhaba

you need to be able to proove he will go back to tunisia. This would be the biggest part that you need to have alot of evidence for. As you are married and have a baby on the way you are a liability and he may not return. Are you not able to apply for settlement?

xtonicx

1. letter of invitation
Hi Maggie my husband got the vv last summer. All we supplied was;
1/ Invitation letter
2/ My end of year tax form
3/ My Mum and Dads morgage statements (as I live at home)
4/ Photocopies of our passports
5/ My Husbands B3
6/ 3 months payslips for my Husband
7/ A letter from my Husbands work to say he could have the time of work and that his job would be available for him when he returned.

These 7 things were enough to prove he had somewhere to stay, I had enough money to support him and that he would return to his job. Its not as hard as everyone says.

Jane BM

Hi Maggie my husband got the vv last summer. All we supplied was;
1/ Invitation letter
2/ My end of year tax form
3/ My Mum and Dads morgage statements (as I live at home)
4/ Photocopies of our passports
5/ My Husbands B3
6/ 3 months payslips for my Husband
7/ A letter from my Husbands work to say he could have the time of work and that his job would be available for him when he returned.

These 7 things were enough to prove he had somewhere to stay, I had enough money to support him and that he would return to his job. Its not as hard as everyone says.
Sounds like you had all your basis's covered and did a good job........good pointers....well done you. xx

margaret

hi jane ty i have most of that covered your sayin.... my husband works fulltime, he also owens a car he is still living with his parents and i also am living at home of my parents he has his wage slips, letter from his boss stating he has time off for his visit and will be returning back into his job in 6 months, he has his bank statements to show them he has the money to pay n support his own visit. so would it be a gd idea for my mum to also do a letter of invite for him as well as a copy of her household papers??

Jane BM

Its Xtonicx who put what she did to you Margaret, not me....i didnt do a VV for my husband..we did a settlement. x

margaret

wat is that visa in wat is diffderance a dnt have any clue

*Jess*

wat is that visa in wat is diffderance a dnt have any clue
The Family Visit Visa allows your husband to come to the UK for a maximum of 6 months (Short Term) and the Settlement Visa is the on you apply to settle in the UK for 2 years

margaret

no its the 6 months visa my husband needs xx just for him to be here when our boy is born x

*Jess*

no its the 6 months visa my husband needs xx just for him to be here when our boy is born x

Yes, so its the Family Visit Visa you're wanting information on. Just telling you the difference as you asked so now you know which is the right one for you

margaret

yes ty. its all as hard as it sounds a think. getting married was the easy part i think x

*Jess*

yes ty. its all as hard as it sounds a think. getting married was the easy part i think x
It is hard but what would life be without a challenge? Just read through all the information on here and the UKBA website and you should be fine

lainie

It is hard but what would life be without a challenge? Just read through all the information on here and the UKBA website and you should be fine
hi jess
did your hubby get vv?
is he here in uk?
xx

*Jess*

hi jess
did your hubby get vv?
is he here in uk?
xx
We haven't applied yet :( I'm just being super prepared and getting it all sorted in advance - we will apply in September as he finishes work in October so his boss is happy! xx

lainie

We haven't applied yet :( I'm just being super prepared and getting it all sorted in advance - we will apply in September as he finishes work in October so his boss is happy! xx
thought i had missed it. lol
xxx