what do Tunisians eat for breakfast?

soleil

I always take tea bags and coffee (decaff) with me. And family also smile when they see me adding milk to tea....:D

Reba1986

Well as this thread is what do Tunisians like for breakfast it made me wonder.... my husbands favourite breakfast...hmm... then it came to me... an expresso and marlboro!! x
Hahaha, ditto ugh!

C

Cas

Some places especially coffee stands where people call in at breakfast time do make cafe creme with instant coffee even commercial bags of nescafe which my son says is pure caffeine with tins of condensed milk and boiling water, and of course a slice of thin choc cake or Libanese square.

Marie1959

Haver you tried the Nescafe Expresso hun its strong hubby uses one and a half teaspoons of it in maybe half inch of water but it tastes like they drink there lol. Fresah bread made in the sand is lovely with oil while it is still warmyum could eat it now. Essem sorry went off topic before wrist slapped lol xx

ROULLA

I always take tea bags and coffee (decaff) with me. And family also smile when they see me adding milk to tea....:D
Hi Soleil hope that you are in good health! To be honest with you I think that the latte in Tunisia is the best, I love the smell of real coffee beans. As for tea I have never drunk it before ,but saying that if someone comes here and I make them a cup of tea I always place some gloves in it and everyone loves it and the reason that I do these without thinking if they like it or not is because this is how Greek people drink their tea.:) The only tea that I will drink is Arabic tea with pines nuts at the top.

crazypink

I love arabic coffee :) with rose water. And mint tea.........omg yummy!! Dont ever take tea or coffee with me lol and i truely dont miss it. Really like the fennal and vervaine my SIL makes too, sleep great after drinking that ;)

newtosousse

Hi Soleil hope that you are in good health! To be honest with you I think that the latte in Tunisia is the best, I love the smell of real coffee beans. As for tea I have never drunk it before ,but saying that if someone comes here and I make them a cup of tea I always place some gloves in it and everyone loves it and the reason that I do these without thinking if they like it or not is because this is how Greek people drink their tea.:) The only tea that I will drink is Arabic tea with pines nuts at the top.
Roulla,

Hope you are in good health, are you serious about placing gloves in your tea??????:eek:

huttan

Roulla,

Hope you are in good health, are you serious about placing gloves in your tea??????:eek:
Must be the wrong word or I really really want to se how Roulla drinks her tea one day hahaha;)

soleil

Hi Roulla:) I like my earl grey tea (and since I also drink a lot of coffee :confused:) past a certain time of day, I resort to drinking decaff - that's why I always carry them with me. Having said that, I'm also not that keen on the green/mint tea as it's too strong for my taste.

I also have a Turkish friend , who does the same as you and adds cloves to her tea. ;) I don't particularly dislike it... but feel that it's a bit of an acquired taste.
As far as tunisian coffee goes much prefer the italian way of doing it (such as Costa & Nero's coffee shops) my favourite being cappuccinos. Lattes can be too milky for my taste... and I like my hot beverages - hot - not lukewarm, as they are more often than not served in Tunisia, at least in the numerous places I've been to.

Apart from that....love everything else! :D

Jasmine

I love arabic coffee :) with rose water. And mint tea.........omg yummy!! Dont ever take tea or coffee with me lol and i truely dont miss it. Really like the fennal and vervaine my SIL makes too, sleep great after drinking that ;)
Its like drinking mint sauce - i dont even like the smell :p

crazypink

Its like drinking mint sauce - i dont even like the smell :p
HAHA really you dont like it?? OMG i love it! And im not really a big tea drinker.

Jasmine

HAHA really you dont like it?? OMG i love it! And im not really a big tea drinker.
No i dont like it :( My friend drinks it minus the leaves :D

crazypink

No i dont like it :( My friend drinks it minus the leaves :D
I usually take the mint out bout half way through. But like arabic tea too.

Jasmine

I usually take the mint out bout half way through. But like arabic tea too.
He wont drink it with the leaves :p I cant stomach the thought of the leaf touching my lip :D I would just picture all sorts in my mind :eek:

huttan

When it comes to tea...I only drink green tea. I usually never drink coffee if its not about staying awake for some reason....think it tastes like poison haha.:p

But I LOVE HOT CHOCLATE MILK...boiling up the milk and melting down dark belgium high quality choclate...served with whipped cream on the top-YUM!

Jane BM

When it comes to tea...I only drink green tea. I usually never drink coffee if its not about staying awake for some reason....think it tastes like poison haha.:p

But I LOVE HOT CHOCLATE MILK...boiling up the milk and melting down dark belgium high quality choclate...served with whipped cream on the top-YUM!
That sounds amazing....would have to be on my 'treat night' though cos also sounds calorific!!! lol

C

Cas

Yes minus the cream had hot chocolate like this with hot milk served in a silver jug on a very wet,cold day one December in a small neighbourhood cafe in Paris. I needed it lol - was exquisite.

huttan

That sounds amazing....would have to be on my 'treat night' though cos also sounds calorific!!! lol
Yeah always something nice to treat your self with but not every day...or ending up like the dancing hippo in the other thread about songs haha....;):p:D

C

Cas

We can only but try to limit the taste treats eh Huttan ?

huttan

We can only but try to limit the taste treats eh Huttan ?
I have tried the hippo version and not going back:eek:...dont fit me to be fat, Im clumpsy enough as it is.:p:oops::rolleyes:

As long as you USE the calories it cant harm you...:D:D