what do Tunisians eat for breakfast?

Trulymadlydeeply

I agree they are delicious, :D :D

MellieC

oh my mil feed my son a boiled egg in which the yolk was raw. i was told its normal here. but all i can say is, "gross"
OMG! thats just put me off having a boiled egg! LoL

Tunisianbelle

oh my mil feed my son a boiled egg in which the yolk was raw. i was told its normal here. but all i can say is, "gross"
It is common here. The yolk is not raw - it is cooked, but not fully and that is why it is still runny/liquidy.

If you have young children, the mothers here will give them the egg like this because they can choke on the yolk if it is fully cooked since it is dry and sticks to their mouths.

beenthere

still when i saw it, i got a little sick! I've always disliked sunny side up. the smell, the running... :)

beenthere

i made my Tunisian children a one egg omelet with fried salami and cheese. they eat this with chamia and bread. today.

rad

hello every one
hope you have nice breakfast this morning
dos any one know lablabi or kaftagi
i love it:cool:

amelie

:rolleyes:i was wondering what Tunisians eat for breakfast at home?we usually eat bread with butter and honey with milk or coffee depend on taste,some eat eggs boiled ,others like me eat nothing :D
so which is your favourite breakfast?:)
traditional families eat for example "dro3" or "bcissa" but modern families eat something like cake, butter, marmalade

rad

good 4 you
i only know how to eat
oh yes i forget about bsissa

Alulu

bcisssa, yay! a little bit sugar with it as well, lovely indeed. Chamia is also pretty famous I think and comes along with all kind of different tastes (vanille, strawberry etc).
sometimes we also eat olive oil, honey (asal) in the middle of it with small bread (thinner then pancakes). thats lovely as well if you love sweet stuff.
or we start off with chakchouka, a little, or eggs.

dont forget that especially in summer time most will eat warm twice a day, midday and evening. so often you eat something in the morning to "help u get along" till 1 or 2 o'clock when you will have your real meal.

it probably depends on "traditional families" and modern ones as well, and ofcourse class/income background.

[email protected]

bcisssa, yay! a little bit sugar with it as well, lovely indeed. Chamia is also pretty famous I think and comes along with all kind of different tastes (vanille, strawberry etc).
sometimes we also eat olive oil, honey (asal) in the middle of it with small bread (thinner then pancakes). thats lovely as well if you love sweet stuff.
or we start off with chakchouka, a little, or eggs.

dont forget that especially in summer time most will eat warm twice a day, midday and evening. so often you eat something in the morning to "help u get along" till 1 or 2 o'clock when you will have your real meal.

it probably depends on "traditional families" and modern ones as well, and ofcourse class/income background.

thanks !!!!!!!!!!!:D:)

chefref

chinese

then it's a good idea. i'm looking 4 a chinese chef :cool: :cool: think Tunisians would like chinese? I know Nour loves it :D
I do a pretty mean Chinese, I love it too. I can make egg fu yong and General Tso chicken and pretty good spring rolls. I also know how to make char siu (which I think would work pretty well with beef) Usually I end up getting take out, because I like to have some of everything! :D Great, now I'm hungry too!

ROULLA

Morning Lara mou, hope that you and your family are all well ! When i am in Tunisia the first thing i do after shower and so forth is i go to the Patisserie and get a lovely fresh baked almond croissant with a nice light coffee , or a greek coffee Zeswa......καλή όρεξη
x x

MellieC

Morning Lara mou, hope that you and your family are all well ! When i am in Tunisia the first thing i do after shower and so forth is i go to the Patisserie and get a lovely fresh baked almond croissant with a nice light coffee , or a greek coffee Zeswa......καλή όρεξη
x x
Hi Roulla,

We must share breakfast LoL, I don't drink coffee, I'm a Tea drinker, but other than that we have the same breakfast habits LoL

I still think "tourists" was the right answer LoL:D

Soltef

When in Tunisia,do as the men Tunisians do-drink coffee ALL day,heehee!Joking apart,I love (Tunisian) coffee at breakfast!

ROULLA

Hi Roulla,

We must share breakfast LoL, I don't drink coffee, I'm a Tea drinker, but other than that we have the same breakfast habits LoL

I still think "tourists" was the right answer LoL:D
Morning Melliec hope that you and your family are all in good health! Yes i love almond croissant and we are not far from each other as well, maybe when your there i can buy you breakfast.......

Soltef

thank you very much .all of you.
Hi Lara-love your avatar!I like "droi" or "cissa",sprinled with chamia.I can eat spoonfuls of chamia in one go,especially the pistachio type-breakfast,lunch and dinner!

P

princesssamiyah

Droul(pronounced Draaw) is corn based hot cooked cereal made with milk and honey. Chamia is the Magrebian version of Turkish Halvah sweet sesame Spread usually with almonds or pistachio.

Soltef

Droul(pronounced Draaw) is corn based hot cooked cereal made with milk and honey. Chamia is the Magrebian version of Turkish Halvah sweet sesame Spread usually with almonds or pistachio.
And what's that bitter green powdered stuff made of ground wheat and olive oil?Will have to ask 'his royal cave-ness'-he loves it for breakfast!