what do Tunisians eat for breakfast?

sparkle

oh hubby has that, not sure what its called though

Soltef

oh hubby has that, not sure what its called though
Sparkle,it's meant to make the men ,well,more (cave)manly,heehee!I can't say I've noticed a change then,lol!

sparkle

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT me neither

he told me that about horse meat also

Soltef

Sparkle,do they eat horse meat in Tunisia?They aren't many horses around to be eaten(thank goodness!).

sparkle

yeah hubby ate some once and it was spiced with something and his breath stank and i ran away from him and he chased me and kept trying to kiss me, blurghhhh

Soltef

yeah hubby ate some once and it was spiced with something and his breath stank and i ran away from him and he chased me and kept trying to kiss me, blurghhhh
Gosh,you're cracking me up,Sparkle-soo funny!I feel a horsey cartoon coming on...

sparkle

i often run when he comes in for a smooch ha ha

M

mabroukhammami

M-H

HI ,Reply to your thread, tunisien B/FAST 1)LABLABI. is boiled chickpeas bread cut in very small pices boild eggs very hot spices olive oil 2),other b/fast called hergema.is foot of Cow cooket in very old way .a very good dish to start the morning it.3)porrige that to is tunisien b/fast

Trulymadlydeeply

Cows foot....................no thankyou. First one sounds nice though :)

ROULLA

Hi mabroukhammami , hope that you are in good health! Did you say cow's feet, think that i will stick to a nice hot fresh almond croissant, with a nice gahawa derect...

ilovebdt

I ate horse meat by accident when I was in France. I thought it was quite nice till I found out what it was LOL :)

aljaye

Once a week I prepare a nice big American style breakfast - scrambled eggs, pancakes (my husband LOVES pancakes! - but not Tunisian pancakes, only American pancakes LOL), and hash browns. YUMMY!! :)

I'm on my way!!!!!!!! Got any maple syrup??
MY BF eats nothing..just staggers out of bed, falls into the shower, grunts and stumbles off into the morning. LOL But he always bought me yoghurt and muffins/ pastries for me to have.
Awww thats made me miss him now....:(

Tunisianbelle

I'm on my way!!!!!!!! Got any maple syrup??
You're more than welcome to swing by anytime :) I don't have Maple Syrup, so if you come by, feel free to bring some with you:p

Mezoo

VIP Member
just staggers out of bed, falls into the shower, grunts and stumbles off into the morning. LOL But he always bought me yoghurt and muffins/ pastries for me to have.
Awww thats made me miss him now....:(
i get a fresh croissant for nour each morning when i'm with her in bizerte. :rolleyes: maybe she misses me now... :) for food :D

Tunisianbelle

I made fresh homemade bread today! It was a big hit with everyone (my family, plus the family of my husbands brother). Of course everyone likes to eat the bread when it's hot and freshly made, so by the time I was finished cooking the bread, it looked like I didn't make anything! LOL

CeeCee

Love home made bread.Mine doesnt last long either when my son is at home lol

daddoull

My favourite breakfast is Labsoussa, porridge type consistency. Made of crushed chick peas, lots of herbs and spices. Mix with sugar, extra virgin olive oil and water, to a thick consistency or as preferred. Can also be drunk as a liquid, which my father-in-law does every morning. I can eat it any time of the day, just as a snack, but you will not need anything else for hours, Excellent for the sante (health) miss it so much!!! waiting box of it from Tunisia vers the U.K, N. Shallah!!!! just make a quick call now!!!! yum yum!!!

Soltef

My favourite breakfast is Labsoussa, porridge type consistency. Made of crushed chick peas, lots of herbs and spices. Mix with sugar, extra virgin olive oil and water, to a thick consistency or as preferred. Can also be drunk as a liquid, which my father-in-law does every morning. I can eat it any time of the day, just as a snack, but you will not need anything else for hours, Excellent for the sante (health) miss it so much!!! waiting box of it from Tunisia vers the U.K, N. Shallah!!!! just make a quick call now!!!! yum yum!!!
Send me some,daddoull!Sounds delicious!

sianperkins89

Droul(pronounced Draaw) is corn based hot cooked cereal made with milk and honey. Chamia is the Magrebian version of Turkish Halvah sweet sesame Spread usually with almonds or pistachio.
is that what looks like peanut butter but with almonds instead of peanut? if so thats what my boyfriend ate for breakfast out of a tin, it was horrible. i like peanut butter but i dont know what the heck this stuff was... :confused:

Soltef

is that what looks like peanut butter but with almonds instead of peanut? if so thats what my boyfriend ate for breakfast out of a tin, it was horrible. i like peanut butter but i dont know what the heck this stuff was... :confused:
I thinkl you're talking about chamiar/halawa,SP,which I love!