What's next...

lynn

I think its great as my hubby asked me which way is better I said well it means we have longer to find the ILR fee LOL

Though does seem unfair that those thinking they are on a 2yr 3months will be extended, though the government want to catch as many in the net as possible!

Unless they will just wait for date of issue, hence all the refusals so people appeal and visa falls under new 5year length!
I was thinking that, they not bloody stupid are they..

khl

I agree with Roxy... will give more time to find the fee :D, only for this reason to extend is a good idea hehe.
Would they still need to have the English certificate??

lloydy7179

Mohamed and I also don't mind the wait, its just the not knowing which is frustrating. I like to have important things like this planned, with what needs to happen and by what date noted in my calendar, just a little OCD on organisation :D

catoussama

im with you lloydy, i just want to know where we stand as we only have a year left and don't want to leave life in the uk test or ESOL to the last minute... 5 years makes no difference except you don't have the security you might want to start a family! I just want to know now and get the ball rolling! x

lainie

I agree with Roxy... will give more time to find the fee :D, only for this reason to extend is a good idea hehe.
Would they still need to have the English certificate??
yes they will
its here to stay, im afraid!

lloydy7179

yes they will
its here to stay, im afraid!
The English certificate - is that the Life in the UK test? Mohamed came over to UK before having to do the English Test. Surely when he gets the Life In The UK test this should be enough?

maynardlynne

The English certificate - is that the Life in the UK test? Mohamed came over to UK before having to do the English Test. Surely when he gets the Life In The UK test this should be enough?[/quote

yes, all he needs in the "Life in the UK".....my M just got his a few weeks ago.

lloydy7179

Fantastic, Mohamed got his at the weekend :)

khl

if our husbands did the english test or gained the certificate with english course and the visa rules were changed and we needed the 3 yr extension before applying for ILR would the english certs still be valid or would they need to take the test/do the course again?

lainie

i assume still valid as they can currently be done at any time within the 27th month period unless of course ukba put an expiry on it and say must be done in last 2 years.

MellieC

I doubt that the english/life in the UK test will change, it could be I suppose that its taken in the latter part of the ILR process, but thats conjecture on my part at this point.

nothing as yet as to what is exactly going to happen, the UKBA are "expecting" it to be the current 2 years and then a further 3.

probably will start with when people actually apply for the entry visa, probably be a last minute notice, as the refusal changes were, and most other things that have occured lately.

either way there will be people who get lucky escapes and those who get caught up in it ~

IF for example they said anyone applying for ILR on or after 1st april 2012, then it would affect those already on the 27 month entry.

if they say anyone applying for ENTRY on or after 1st april 2012 then it owuld ONLY affect those who were still overseas.

guess it depends on just how many people they want to catch in the net?

the extra revenue they can generate by having 2 fees?

someone has to pay for the split in the UKBA lol

it is most likely that applying for citizenship will get caught up in this, currently those on WP's have to complete 5 years plus 1, those on EEA have to complete 5 years plus 1, so if spouses on settlement have to complete 5 plus 1, it makes things a lot less complex?

for citizenship a person must have ILR, so quite simply if they don't have ILR they can't apply for citizenship!

its the family members more than spouses they want to catch, except for the rats i suppose, but everyone gets caught up in it somewhere!

maynardlynne

i think the 5yr is excellent idea, even thought my M is due to apply for ILR in May...

lynn

5 years sounds good, but 10 would be better;)

maynardlynne

i gree lynn, then we will now exactly if they are rats or not.
i think you would definatly know if your marriage would work or not by 5/10yrs:)

lynn

i think you would definatly know if your marriage would work or not by 5/10yrs:)
exactly x

MellieC

there will still be some who will wait out the five years!

I think its quite sad really when people are waiting to see if the other boot will drop once the guy gets ILR.

its something you can never know for sure, and you just have to live your life and try not to think about it,

it has been a terrible shock to those it has happened to, and even when ILR has been granted by some time, some still chose that time to walk

there are no time constarints on when a marriage will "work"

Essem

Staff member
Some of these guys can sit it out for as long as they need to to achieve what they want to.:eek:

Your marriage could be working well and then change - does that make him a rat?:(

I think you'd know before 5/10 years if a guy was a rat or not. ;)

Question is, is he going to stay with you after this time?:confused:

I think it's better to know sooner than later.:)

Jane BM

Well i was married to both my previous husbands for more than 5 years each.......and then it changed for me....and i left....doesnt make me a rat!!! (or does it!)...just that some marriages fail and people do change...and its whether you grow together or grow apart....in my case before it was definitely the latter...

MellieC

Well i was married to both my previous husbands for more than 5 years each.......and then it changed for me....and i left....doesnt make me a rat!!! (or does it!)...just that some marriages fail and people do change...and its whether you grow together or grow apart....in my case before it was definitely the latter...
this is a big point, sometimes people do just grow apart, sometimes marriages to tunisians have just gown apart, and sometimes the change from tunisia to the UK for example plays a large part in that, and sometimes the guys genuinely start to think that after being in the UK for 2 years at least, have jobs, have made a life, that going back to tunisia is just not an option?

some plan it from day one, before they even meet the brit!

and some you just bloody well get rid of no matter how you try lol:D

(look JBM smillies working!! had to swap to chrome to get them though!)