What's the chances of a Visitor Visa?

Darren Brown

Hi guys, all new to this forum and can I say that I like what I see. I am going to try and obtain a Visitor Visa for our two friends in Tunisia. What are the chances of this being accepted when I will be paying for everything? These guys are in full time employment in Tunisia and have every intent of going back after their visit.

Jane BM

They aren't known for being particularly generous with visitors visas, biggest hurdle seems to be proving their intent to return, so being in work is good, work contract better, tangible assets over there, bank accounts etc...all go in their favour.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I second the above.

If someone has a life and career in Tunisia wife kids etc and it is logical they will return then a visa is likely.

Then its on you to be a good sponsor with a house for them and money to keep them when they visit.

Darren Brown

Ok I understand.

The guys have nothing at the moment so I'm guessing we have no chance in getting them over here. They have a full time job but no money and no property.

Is it as simple as setting up a bank account for them in Tunisia and put money in there? Also how about buying property in their names?

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Darren I don't know the situation between yourself and your friends but you would be kissing goodbye to any money/property if bought in their names.

Darren Brown

Desperation.

Don't understand how we in the UK can open our gates to anybody who will threaten this country, give them a house and benefits yet we can't give decent people a holiday to see my family for two weeks unless they are rich!!! Frustrates me!

Trulymadlydeeply

Unfortunately the majority have ruined for the minority...

Darren Brown

Thanks for your help.

So if I can get my friends to obtain a works contract, would that be enough? Obviously I will be sponsoring them on their two week visit.

I could sort money into their accounts. I trust these guys so I'm ok with this.

scotty_bambam

As I understood it,you can't just put money into their account.it has to be money they've accumulated themselves from jobs ,land etc in their names.

Jane BM

Thanks for your help.

So if I can get my friends to obtain a works contract, would that be enough? Obviously I will be sponsoring them on their two week visit.

I could sort money into their accounts. I trust these guys so I'm ok with this.
No one can say yes or no.....plus the money in their accounts has to be accounted for..IE earnings over a period of time, because they need to disclose where it came from.