Where to find the true English native speakers?

nioly

Hi everybody, since long time I'm looking for the native English speakers living in Tunis. Neither British nor American embassies can't help me to find what I'm looking for: english speakers looking for job in Tunis.

Are there any other ways to find the young job-seekers except going to recruting companies or advertising on the web-sites like this one?

thanks.

Essem

Staff member
Welcome to the foruom Nioly.

Are you based in Tunis? I'm sure a few members might be interested if you have job offers...........

annh

My husband might be interested, he's native English... We live in Belgium now, but we would like to move to Tunesia if we could find decent work.
He's not more that young but still would like to work.

nioly

Not personnaly me, but the company I'm working for, is looking for the native English speaker having good skills in writing (or translating) and some other skills in communication and marketing...

In summary, I'm not sure that I can publish a job offer here as it seems to be an advertisement or something like that.

Otherwise, I can give the email where you can write to ask for more details if it is allowed by the forum rules ???

Essem

Staff member
No sorry it's not allowed to publish jobs on the forum but we do have an advertising section that would be delighted to help you or your employer and our rates are reasonable.

If you click on 'Advertising' tab on top of this page, you will find more details and/or contact admin.

FoxyRoxie89

Sounds good, this is kind of thing alot of the girls on here want to know about :D

nioly

Personally, I never pay attention to the advertisements flashing in front of my eyes on the web, especially on the forums where people come to talk... Thus, no interest on advert. banners, sorry.

That's why I'm back to my topic: Are there any other ways to find the young job-seekers except going to recruting companies or advertising on the forums? Are there any community forums where we can publish the job offer or obtain contact details of people looking for a job? Otherwise, are there any establishments in Tunisia for native English speakers?

Thanks

FoxyRoxie89

Have you tried setting up a facebook group maybe? I dont know

caveatemptor

Have you tried the website that laments the lack of a beef extract product in Tunisia?

Essem

Staff member
Personally, I never pay attention to the advertisements flashing in front of my eyes on the web, especially on the forums where people come to talk... Thus, no interest on advert. banners, sorry.

In other words you don't want to pay for advertising!

DebbieZebbes

That's why I'm back to my topic: Are there any other ways to find the young job-seekers except going to recruting companies or advertising on the forums? Are there any community forums where we can publish the job offer or obtain contact details of people looking for a job? Otherwise, are there any establishments in Tunisia for native English speakers?

Thanks
Just because you don't look at webpage banners doesn't mean that others don't.
BTW ladies, the groupon ad at the top of this page is FAB, I buy them for everything from fish pedicures to full head colourants and treat the car to a valet too.

nioly

Not on the forums, Essem :) and not each time for every employee for the company of some dozens employees of different background :)

Nevertheless, each forum has its own rules and I'm not here to discuss it.

Facebook, I think it's already done by my colleague...

Any other ideas?

x_nat_x

Hi everybody, since long time I'm looking for the native English speakers living in Tunis. Neither British nor American embassies can't help me to find what I'm looking for: english speakers looking for job in Tunis.

Are there any other ways to find the young job-seekers except going to recruting companies or advertising on the web-sites like this one?

thanks.

i wish this post wasnt so old!! i am english so this is my native language, i am looking for a job in tunisia because i am hoping to move to tunisia to be with my partner who is tunisian! i know how hard jobs are to find so this would have been perfect!!!

Scottochott

i wish this post wasnt so old!! i am english so this is my native language, i am looking for a job in tunisia because i am hoping to move to tunisia to be with my partner who is tunisian! i know how hard jobs are to find so this would have been perfect!!!
It will be a struggle, you will only be allowed to do a job that a Tunisian cannot do, and you will almost certainly need fluent Arabic too. The best way would be to set up your own business for which there is a lot of help and incentives available.

x_nat_x

It will be a struggle, you will only be allowed to do a job that a Tunisian cannot do, and you will almost certainly need fluent Arabic too. The best way would be to set up your own business for which there is a lot of help and incentives available.
i wouldnt have the first idea where to start!!! and then theres the issue of needing money to get it up and running.....why is it so damn difficult, surely if you love someone, you should be allowed to be together without all the hurdles lol

Jane BM

i wouldnt have the first idea where to start!!! and then theres the issue of needing money to get it up and running.....why is it so damn difficult, surely if you love someone, you should be allowed to be together without all the hurdles lol
You can be together!!! Noones saying you can't...but if you're talking about relocating to another country then unfortunately you need funds to be able to do it. Love isn't enough I'm afraid...doesn't pay the rent.

Can your partner over there support you? Do you have funds to start up some kind of business? Do you have somewhere to live over there? Which part of Tunisia are you talking about moving to? Does your partner work?

Sorry, loads of questions....

x_nat_x

You can be together!!! Noones saying you can't...but if you're talking about relocating to another country then unfortunately you need funds to be able to do it. Love isn't enough I'm afraid...doesn't pay the rent.

Can your partner over there support you? Do you have funds to start up some kind of business? Do you have somewhere to live over there? Which part of Tunisia are you talking about moving to? Does your partner work?

Sorry, loads of questions....

i have about £7000 total in english at the moment, but i wouldnt know where to start with regards to starting my own business lol. my partner has his own place so i would be living with him until we decide to buy somewhere together. he works full time yea but i couldnt tell you exactly how much he gets each month. he lives about 2km from port el kantaoui so id be there to begin with but i guess location is negotiable once we were settled.

Jane BM

i have about £7000 total in english at the moment, but i wouldnt know where to start with regards to starting my own business lol. my partner has his own place so i would be living with him until we decide to buy somewhere together. he works full time yea but i couldnt tell you exactly how much he gets each month. he lives about 2km from port el kantaoui so id be there to begin with but i guess location is negotiable once we were settled.
Are you planning on marrying over there nat? Or just living together?..

You'll probably need to do a bit of research if you're planning on living there permanently...have you been there many times? Know the culture well? Met the family? Lol....

An awful lot to think about if you're planning to up sticks and go, if you're not married then you'll need to show proof that you have an income or can provide for yourself to obtain your carte de sejour for starters.

x_nat_x

Are you planning on marrying over there nat? Or just living together?..

You'll probably need to do a bit of research if you're planning on living there permanently...have you been there many times? Know the culture well? Met the family? Lol....

An awful lot to think about if you're planning to up sticks and go, if you're not married then you'll need to show proof that you have an income or can provide for yourself to obtain your carte de sejour for starters.

yea planning on marrying at some point but not straight away and it will be over there because our embassy are so unbelievably rubbish and make it almost impossible for him to come here. ive been there a fair few times and im getting to know the culture. arabic i find REALLY hard but i speak a little bit of french which im topping up. ive met his mum and a few siblings but they dont speak english so my other half has to do a lot of translation bless him!
ive been looking at jobs from here and there are a couple of leads but nothing concrete yet. i have a few phone calls to make about jobs but if i can get a job working out there before i go im hoping it will make it a bit easier.
the next issue will be when we want to come back to england to visit etc. SO COMPLICATED!! hard to know where to start!

Jane BM

yea planning on marrying at some point but not straight away and it will be over there because our embassy are so unbelievably rubbish and make it almost impossible for him to come here. ive been there a fair few times and im getting to know the culture. arabic i find REALLY hard but i speak a little bit of french which im topping up. ive met his mum and a few siblings but they dont speak english so my other half has to do a lot of translation bless him!
ive been looking at jobs from here and there are a couple of leads but nothing concrete yet. i have a few phone calls to make about jobs but if i can get a job working out there before i go im hoping it will make it a bit easier.
the next issue will be when we want to come back to england to visit etc. SO COMPLICATED!! hard to know where to start!
I hear you as far as understanding and speaking Arabic...lol..

Be careful though because its actually not legal to live together there unless you're married, although some people do. As I say, lots to think about re finances, carte de sejour, work...that's aside from actually living with a Tunisian man...lol....best of luck..