Where to find the true English native speakers?

x_nat_x

if you dont mind
I hear you as far as understanding and speaking Arabic...lol..

Be careful though because its actually not legal to live together there unless you're married, although some people do. As I say, lots to think about re finances, carte de sejour, work...that's aside from actually living with a Tunisian man...lol....best of luck..
are you with a tunisian man then?? if you dont mind me asking......whats your story...how did it all work out for you? i know every ones situations are different but its good to get as many outlooks as possible!!

Jane BM

if you dont mind

are you with a tunisian man then?? if you dont mind me asking......whats your story...how did it all work out for you? i know every ones situations are different but its good to get as many outlooks as possible!!
I'm married to a Tunisian and we live here in England. Been married for 2 years now...yes I did the going over there every month for 2 years before we married.....draining after a while all that long distance relationship lark. At the moment things are good, he's working, I'm working, we have a nice home and a nice life. Lots of differences though purely based on the facts that we were brought up in different cultures and with different beliefs. Not insurmountable as yet though. Who knows what the future holds, I don't spend too much time worrying about it....what will be will be. We do plan our future though together and have the same goals in life. If my husband hadn't got his settlement visa for the UK then yes I would have had to go to Tunisia, it wouldn't have been my first choice, not straight away anyway, but it is something I would have done and was something I accepted I may need to do when I married him.

x_nat_x

I'm married to a Tunisian and we live here in England. Been married for 2 years now...yes I did the going over there every month for 2 years before we married.....draining after a while all that long distance relationship lark. At the moment things are good, he's working, I'm working, we have a nice home and a nice life. Lots of differences though purely based on the facts that we were brought up in different cultures and with different beliefs. Not insurmountable as yet though. Who knows what the future holds, I don't spend too much time worrying about it....what will be will be. We do plan our future though together and have the same goals in life. If my husband hadn't got his settlement visa for the UK then yes I would have had to go to Tunisia, it wouldn't have been my first choice, not straight away anyway, but it is something I would have done and was something I accepted I may need to do when I married him.

so it can be done then lol. thats good to know. sorry to ask so many questions but was it difficult to get him over here and get his visa application accepted? im guessing you had pretty good circumstances etc. did u marry here or there?

Scottochott

i wouldnt have the first idea where to start!!! and then theres the issue of needing money to get it up and running.....why is it so damn difficult, surely if you love someone, you should be allowed to be together without all the hurdles lol
You can be together but that doesn't give you rights in Tunisia, in fact just the opposite if you're not married. If you've only got £7000 to take with you, you need to think very carefully before you risk your savings. I'm making huge assumptions here so forgive me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you know very little about living in Tunisia, you need to be very careful. Without knowing the language and culture you are at a huge disadvantage and your money will not last long, realistically what are you going to do there, don't depend on a Tunisian boyfriend's wage, it simply won't be enough. Again at the risk of offending you, have you heard of "bezness", if not google it!

Jane BM

so it can be done then lol. thats good to know. sorry to ask so many questions but was it difficult to get him over here and get his visa application accepted? im guessing you had pretty good circumstances etc. did u marry here or there?
We married in Tunisia...yes it wasn't easy, the whole visa application process, can't pretend it was, lots and lots of paperwork, but fortunately we fulfilled the criteria set out by UKBA so were successful. The regulations are constantly changing, I'm sure you've checked out the UKBA website, for example YOU as his potential sponsor would need to earn £18,600 at least.

Don't rush into anything, as Scottochott says, there is lots to think about if you're planning on taking your savings and living over there with your boyfriend...very different to going there on holiday.

salim

I Appreciated how you look in peace with your self Jane :)