Absence outside the UK for 7 months

Gerard1212

Hello I'm new in this forum and I hope I get some help ..
I'm on spouse visa but i had some problems with my wife (the sponsor),I had to come back to my home country to visit my family , then i descovered that my wife claimed to the police that I'm threatening her to kill just to speed up my visa curtailment, now I nearly 7 months on my home country, i couldn't know if my visa stopped or not knowing that when i put my details on "right to work in UK" I found that my visa still valid and I have the right to work till 2021 .. the problem is I don't know if I will get arrested by the police when i come back ? And if that's true my visa still valid knowing that i didn't get any notification now 7 months?
And if there anyway to know if there's any warn out for my arrest from outside the UK...

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Hello I'm new in this forum and I hope I get some help ..
I'm on spouse visa but i had some problems with my wife (the sponsor),I had to come back to my home country to visit my family , then i descovered that my wife claimed to the police that I'm threatening her to kill just to speed up my visa curtailment, now I nearly 7 months on my home country, i couldn't know if my visa stopped or not knowing that when i put my details on "right to work in UK" I found that my visa still valid and I have the right to work till 2021 .. the problem is I don't know if I will get arrested by the police when i come back ? And if that's true my visa still valid knowing that i didn't get any notification now 7 months?
And if there anyway to know if there's any warn out for my arrest from outside the UK...
Yes you would need to get a lawyer in the UK and then they can speak to the police on your behalf.

In the absence of that they would not have been able to just cancel your visa so it would be best to come back if you intend to stay in the UK.

Now if you did not do that and there is not evidence of it then we operate on an innocent until proven guilty basis here in the UK. Th police would investigate and you could expect questioning but you would have the right of a lawyer.

If you did then the link above details the different punishments one can expect depending on the severity of the threat.

Staying in Tunisia does not help the situation if Innocent I would come back and face the music (unless you did then..). Either way its not a good situation to be in.

Gerard1212

Yes you would need to get a lawyer in the UK and then they can speak to the police on your behalf.

In the absence of that they would not have been able to just cancel your visa so it would be best to come back if you intend to stay in the UK.

Now if you did not do that and there is not evidence of it then we operate on an innocent until proven guilty basis here in the UK. Th police would investigate and you could expect questioning but you would have the right of a lawyer.

If you did then the link above details the different punishments one can expect depending on the severity of the threat.

Staying in Tunisia does not help the situation if Innocent I would come back and face the music (unless you did then..). Either way its not a good situation to be in.
Thank you Chris I'm coming back to the UK but as you said the only problem is I don't know what I'll face there, how can they believe a woman has bipolar disorder and some mental issues.. the last time i spoke to my wife she said that she withdrawed her sponsorship but as I said to you I didn't get any notification from HO neither by post nor by email. So here I don't know if she really withdrawed her sponsorship and if yes and I can come back does that mean I still can work ?

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Chris I'm coming back to the UK but as you said the only problem is I don't know what I'll face there, how can they believe a woman has bipolar disorder and some mental issues.. the last time i spoke to my wife she said that she withdrawed her sponsorship but as I said to you I didn't get any notification from HO neither by post nor by email. So here I don't know if she really withdrawed her sponsorship and if yes and I can come back does that mean I still can work ?
I do not know you situation to comment.

If your visa has the right to work then until that is cancelled/expires then you have the right to work.

Put it this way if you camefor a job with your visa/card and showed it to an employer that would be good unless it has expired.

Gerard1212

Okay I really appreciate your help @Kris thank you so much