Animal welfare in Tunisia

Rosewater

Well all the injured ( shot) and poisoned dogs that the charities have rescued ,given veterinary treatment,and rehomed.not one was aggressive or dangerous...the police don't finish the job.they leave then in agony.
???

Rosewater

You answered my question with "??" so I presumed you have no answer
''To play devil's advocate... What do you suggest is done to control dangerous packs of semi-wild dogs roaming towns and beaches?''

Explain me this?

Scottochott

''To play devil's advocate... What do you suggest is done to control dangerous packs of semi-wild dogs roaming towns and beaches?''

Explain me this?
Which bit of the question don't you understand?

Rosewater

Which bit of the question don't you understand?
This one :''To play devil's advocate... What do you suggest is done to control dangerous packs of semi-wild dogs roaming towns and beaches?''

Jane BM

This one :''To play devil's advocate... What do you suggest is done to control dangerous packs of semi-wild dogs roaming towns and beaches?''
The phrase to play devils advocate means theoretically speaking what alternatives do you think they should use? It's trying to look at the situation from a different perspective.

Scottochott

@Rosewater

Ok to make it simple... What do you think should be done to control the dangerous packs of semi-wild dogs roaming towns and beaches?

And please don't try to deny their existence, I saw some on the beach this morning. Talking to my guardian he says people have been attacked and bitten, they are very scared for their children. Some were shot a month or so ago, but some remain. I am an animal lover but don't see an alternative, very few re-homing options, and these dogs are virtually wild. It's been exacerbated over recent years with the proliferation of pit bull type breeds for "prestige", but lack of training and general ignorance of how to care for and control them means they are often let loose.

Rosewater

@Rosewater

Ok to make it simple... What do you think should be done to control the dangerous packs of semi-wild dogs roaming towns and beaches?

And please don't try to deny their existence, I saw some on the beach this morning. Talking to my guardian he says people have been attacked and bitten, they are very scared for their children. Some were shot a month or so ago, but some remain. I am an animal lover but don't see an alternative, very few re-homing options, and these dogs are virtually wild. It's been exacerbated over recent years with the proliferation of pit bull type breeds for "prestige", but lack of training and general ignorance of how to care for and control them means they are often let loose.
there are many innocent dogs that don't bother anyone!!!!

gem15

But those innocent dogs breed other dogs which might not be so innocent.

Have you seen the treatment a person goes thru after being bitten by a wild dog? It's a long process and countless injections.

I'm a huge animal lover but I can understand why they do it.

I heard as from the 18th of may starting in Sfax they were also shooting cats.

Last edited:

Scottochott

But lots of dangerous ones that do! So I ask again, do you have a better solution? It is naive to think they should be left alone.

Jane BM

Short term, not a clue, although I do think they act with very little humanity and some of these strays are left injured and maimed and in incredible pain...which I find truly wicked and cruel...but that's the mentality over there, and I have to say, a mentality I hate. They couldn't give a fig.

Long term it has to be about neutering and education.....

Scottochott

Short term, not a clue, although I do think they act with very little humanity and some of these strays are left injured and maimed and in incredible pain...which I find truly wicked and cruel...but that's the mentality over there, and I have to say, a mentality I hate. They couldn't give a fig.

Long term it has to be about neutering and education.....
Totally agree Jane, it is shocking to leave them injured. Neutering, education, a chip or licensing system, all needed but animal welfare is a long way down the list of priorities unfortunately. It's bit like the littering attitude, they are a long way behind us.

gem15

Controlling the numbers. One single cat can produce over 24,000 cats with their offspring.

Neutering wild animals would prove difficult as there are a certain amount of days that after care is needed and I can't see the government paying someone to do that. You can't just do the operation then put them back out on the streets for infection to set in.

Rosewater

Controlling the numbers. One single cat can produce over 24,000 cats with their offspring.

Neutering wild animals would prove difficult as there are a certain amount of days that after care is needed and I can't see the government paying someone to do that. You can't just do the operation then put them back out on the streets for infection to set in.
really heartbreaking :( :'( , i just don't want to live in this country anymore ,

gem15

really heartbreaking :( :'( , i just don't want to live in this country anymore ,
Unfortunately animal cruelty happens all over the world. Even so called animal charities in England are guilty of animal cruelty.