another great week in tunisia, concern over the amount of middle age uk females eith young tunisian

shona

Just back from another great holiday, I did however notice so many young tunisian men with middle age/or even older women, quite concerning really, what never fails to shock me is, the reaction of these females when the penny drops that they are being used for cash, what do they really think is going on? 40/50 year old women with young men in there 20s
Let's face it women have done this to men for years, (not all women obviously)
Beware ladies stop and think about it!
Don't get me wrong, there are lots genuine tunisian people out there, my partner and I are lucky to have made friends there, one of whom looked after us very well last week,

annibee

guess i am one of those but have been together for 6 years now and no i am not been used for cash although i know a lot that are

DARK ANGEL

good Anni 6 years , then ur married ?

DARK ANGEL

i know many genuine relations , many couples made a very especial family , bad and good are everywhere , just use ur mind and don't follow ur heart like a blind :) good luck

Scottochott

Most of these young guys have several women on the go, they get "small" gifts and spending money from each, when the ladies visit they stay in hotels or apartments, eat in restaurants, etc. they live a far better life than most who hold down a regular job. No problem if the women understand, it's those who think it's love/a real relationship that need a wake up call.

Jane BM

Well I'm one of the ones who's in her 40's and married a tunisian who was in his 20's....

shona

guess i am one of those but have been together for 6 years now and no i am not been used for cash although i know a lot that are
Thanks for your response annibee, I'm happy it's worked out for you, do you now live with your partner in tunisia? If so you must also have noticed a similar trend when you see couples out and about,

shona

Most of these young guys have several women on the go, they get "small" gifts and spending money from each, when the ladies visit they stay in hotels or apartments, eat in restaurants, etc. they live a far better life than most who hold down a regular job. No problem if the women understand, it's those who think it's love/a real relationship that need a wake up call.
This is what I believe is going on, I completely agree with your view here, if the women understand the set up, great, why not, but all to often they think it's the real deal, only to be disappointed,
My advice would also be, look at the age gap, if it seems to good to be true, then take it for the bit of fun it is, there's no point in screaming that all tunisian men are rats, they really are not, they are just doing what women have done for years, , sleeping with older partners for a bit of bling.

Last edited:

shona

Well I'm one of the ones who's in her 40's and married a tunisian who was in his 20's....
Married, is the difference in your case, x

Jane BM

This is what I believe is going on, I completely agree with your view here, if the women understand the set up, great, why not, but all to often they think it's the real deal, only to be disappointed,
My advice would also be, look at the age gap, if it seems to good to be true, then take it for the bit of fun it is, there's no point in screaming that all tunisian men are rats, they really are not, they are just doing what women have done for years, , sleeping with older partners for a bit of bling.
In which case you really need to look at all relationships with Tunisian men...because believe me it's not just older women these kind of men will target..they'll target young women, fat women, thin women, ugly women, beautiful women. Also they'll go fishing on the Internet.

shona

In which case you really need to look at all relationships with Tunisian men...because believe me it's not just older women these kind of men will target..they'll target young women, fat women, thin women, ugly women, beautiful women. Also they'll go fishing on the Internet.
I don't believe all men are like that, just an observation from what I have seen when there, I guess it will cover all aspects and types, I have not came on here to upset anyone over this, maybe I'm just more aware of it now,
I guess you see so much on here about this sort if behaviour, that you begin to notice things more when your in tunisia, I initially joined this forum for help with postal to tunisia, then stayed on to find out more about the country as I enjoy holidays there,

Jane BM

Bezness comes in all shapes and sizes....you should read some of our threads...will make your hair curl!

shona

Bezness comes in all shapes and sizes....you should read some of our threads...will make your hair curl!
I'm going to have a look thanks

annibee

I'm going to have a look thanks
no im still living in england and hes still living in tunisia not sure what the future holds at the moment

shona

no im still living in england and hes still living in tunisia not sure what the future holds at the moment
How often do you see him? It must be very difficult leaving him when you visit

annibee

How often do you see him? It must be very difficult leaving him when you visit
hi usually see him 3 or 4 times a year and yes it is hard specially as i have to fit in around his school holidays as he is a teacher and not local to sousse area so is difficult to make plans to be together permanently at the mo :(

shona

hi usually see him 3 or 4 times a year and yes it is hard specially as i have to fit in around his school holidays as he is a teacher and not local to sousse area so is difficult to make plans to be together permanently at the mo :(
Would you consider moving there?

annibee

Would you consider moving there?
yes i would the problem is i would like to live sousse area but he lives in sidi bouzid and working at the mo in foussanan near algerian border so not an option for me as unsafe. waiting to see if he can get transfer at the moment see what happens then