another great week in tunisia, concern over the amount of middle age uk females eith young tunisian

lynn

Just back from another great holiday, I did however notice so many young tunisian men with middle age/or even older women, quite concerning really, what never fails to shock me is, the reaction of these females when the penny drops that they are being used for cash, what do they really think is going on? 40/50 year old women with young men in there 20s
Let's face it women have done this to men for years, (not all women obviously)
Beware ladies stop and think about it!
Don't get me wrong, there are lots genuine tunisian people out there, my partner and I are lucky to have made friends there, one of whom looked after us very well last week,
well I been with my husband for about 7 years now married for 4 I am older than him, so don't judge all the same. I would be careful what you say because there are a lot of us woman on here older than our husbands!

shona

well I been with my husband for about 7 years now married for 4 I am older than him, so don't judge all the same. I would be careful what you say because there are a lot of us woman on here older than our husbands!
Wow, bit threatening
Again the difference for you is marriage please 're read the original post, thanks

shona

Hi vascular, congratulations, nice to hear another success story,
Sorry that's ment to read bascarr not vascular, bloody auto correct

lynn

Wow, bit threatening
Again the difference for you is marriage please 're read the original post, thanks
That was not meant has threatening it was meant has upsetting a few people that have good marriages and it makes no difference married/courting we all court before getting married, maybe you haven't had much experience with how things work ? and has for age that means nothing has I have seen many young girls in a relationship with Tunisian men being taken for a ride...

shona

That was not meant has threatening it was meant has upsetting a few people that have good marriages and it makes no difference married/courting we all court before getting married, maybe you haven't had much experience with how things work ? and has for age that means nothing has I have seen many young girls in a relationship with Tunisian men being taken for a ride...
Again, it was never directed at people in good healthy relationships, it was just an observation I made whilst there at one point in a cafe in the port there were at least 5 couples where the women were in the late 40s/50 with what looked like guys in there 20, a bit unusual don't you think,
I have absolutely nothing against age gaps my own best friend is older than her partner,
Maybe it's the norm in tunisia I really do n t know
No offence is ment by my post
Not really sure what you mean about me not having much experiance?

Last edited:

lynn

Again, it was never directed at people in good healthy relationships, it was just an observation I made whilst there at one point in a cafe in the port there were at least 5 couples where the women were in the late 40s/50 with what looked like guys in there 20, a bit unusual don't you think,
I have absolutely nothing against age gaps my own best friend is older than her partner,
well you could upset some people by your post, maybe one day you will be one of them ladies ..

shona

well you could upset some people by your post, maybe one day you will be one of them ladies ..
I'm happy with my partner but as they say you never know what may happen in life, though I very much doubt it, I wouldn't be able to keep up with a young fella now lol

Last edited:

lynn

many woman been happy with their partner and many have gone to Tunisia with their husbands and had an affair with young Tunisian men..don't be fast to judge a lot of us have been with our younger husbands many years..and marriage has nothing to do with it

shona

I can see this us a subject your very sensitive about lynn, so it would seem that nothing I can say
Will make any difference to your view on this, I guess you had to be
There, not only were there very large age gaps, but many were world's apart in looks as well, as Said some will be genuine perhaps, but I hand on heart do not believe they all were, let's face it this whole bezness thing is real, I've seen it with my own eyes now. I'm sorry if this upsets you,

Aslemma

You might like to bear in mind a well known English saying Shona "When in a hole, stop digging". There are all sorts of relationships, some of which are long lasting and some which are purely temporary for various reasons. As long as those involved are happy and nobody is hurt it's nobody's business except the people concerned. Anybody seeking advice can always find it but then it's up to them to make their own judgement.

gem15

I can see this us a subject your very sensitive about lynn, so it would seem that nothing I can say
There, not only were there very large age gaps, but many were world's apart in looks as well, as Said some will be genuine perhaps, but I hand on heart do not believe they all were, let's face it this whole bezness thing is real, I've seen it with my own eyes now. I'm sorry if this upsets you,
Nine times out of 10 you can tell which couples will last and which won't. It's no secret on here but I have exactly the same opinion as you but it is an opinion and not a law.

shona

Nine times out of 10 you can tell which couples will last and which won't. It's no secret on here but I have exactly the same opinion as you but it is an opinion and not a law.
Exactly gem, thank you,
My understanding of forums are they are good for advice, information and general discussions, this thread was only ever ment to be a general discussion not a bloody witch hunt lol

Last edited:

lynn

sensitive ? I think I can say there must be a lot of ladies not at all happy about your comments but don't come forward and say so and again like I said age is nothing it happens with younger woman too no one ever knows what the future holds you old middle aged it can and does happen to anyone!

Jane BM

I think most of us have a thicker skin to be honest....lol...and don't let it worry us too much...we all know bezness comes in many shapes and sizes.....the age one, that's just the most obvious one to see from an outsiders point of view...

Essem

Staff member
Just back from another great holiday, I did however notice so many young tunisian men with middle age/or even older women, quite concerning really, what never fails to shock me is, the reaction of these females when the penny drops that they are being used for cash, what do they really think is going on? 40/50 year old women with young men in there 20s
Let's face it women have done this to men for years, (not all women obviously)
Beware ladies stop and think about it!
Don't get me wrong, there are lots genuine tunisian people out there, my partner and I are lucky to have made friends there, one of whom looked after us very well last week,
Over the years, we've seen many reactions on here when the truth about people being used rears it's ugly head. Many women have faced emotional and financial ruin.

There will always be a certain amount of genuinely, unsuspecting women who believe everything they are told and who are blinded by the charm of it all, totally oblivious to what's really going on there (and most other developing countries). They believe it is real because for them it is but it's all one-sided.

Can very often start with being looked after very well..............

Last edited:

Essem

Staff member
Not really sure what you mean about me not having much experiance?

This scenario was unusual a few years ago but not now. It's possible if 5 mixed couples are in one cafe, it would seem like the norm to the women involved as well.

shona

Over the years, we've seen many reactions on here when the truth about people being used rears it's ugly head. Many women have faced emotional and financial ruin.

There will always be a certain amount of genuinely, unsuspecting women who believe everything they are told and who are blinded by the charm of it all, totally oblivious to what's really going on there (and most other developing countries). They believe it is real because for them it is but it's all one-sided.

Can very often start with being looked after very well..............
It does make you think about things whilst there, I have given a lot of thought to friendships I have made, I guess it makes me a tad suspicious, however I have came to the conclusion that I can only take It for what it is, should any odd behaviour develop, at least I feel I would recognize the signs quickly, however if I had never came to this forum for help with a postal issue I would have been none the wiser

Last edited: