Any Tunisians in Merseyside

gem15

The offer of staying in his family home is a big red flag, Its not whats done in Tunisia.

Northern lass

The offer of staying in his family home is a big red flag, Its not whats done in Tunisia.
I did question that, he said it would be in separate rooms

Going to see how he reacts to the revelation I'm actually a full time student, in my first year. I'm expecting to be blocked etc

curly

I did question that, he said it would be in separate rooms

Going to see how he reacts to the revelation I'm actually a full time student, in my first year. I'm expecting to be blocked etc
Hi

Regardless of whether he is genuine or not have you looked into how hard it is to either live in Tunisia as a western woman or for him to come here?

I am married to a Tunisian man and I have been one of the very few to be lucky enough to have found love (but not online) but the stress and the restrictions you have on your life are very difficult due to visas. Not to mention the cost of these every 2.5 years plus the info you have to supply to get them.

I could go on but I advise you to do your research, if you have little money to visit how will you build a relationship? I visited 10 times in the first year as I lived at home and earned a good wage. My partner earned a good wage in Tunisia but this still didn’t translate to being able to afford my flights etc!

Also if you are a student - think of your studies and the pressure having a long long distance relationship with a man from a whole other world will have on them??

I wish you good luck if you decide to pursue this but my advice would be to get on with your studies and leave this complicated expensive life behind.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate your input.

Age difference is about 10yrs I think.

He has offered to take time off work. Has said I can choose hotel or his family home (obviously wouldn't feel right).

Told him out right I've lots of debt, not in permanent full time employment etc, that I simply couldn't afford to travel to see him, hence why he offered. If he's looking for a money tree in me, those branches have burnt and withered to the floor
Whilst ten years is not what it used to be Tunisian men, on the whole, marry younger especially the second time around.

Staying with someone/sex before marriage is illegal in Tunisia it happens obviously. But for example, if you were my sister in Tunisia going to stay with him like this would get his face smashed in. They would not dream of asking someone to do it nor a good family entertain the scandal of it.

When I was engaged for a year with my wife I stayed around her dads (parents divorced) and thats after her dad came to my house in UK and checked me out.

He will be thinking VIsa but you need 18 K + income to get him over here if you cannot then he can be nasty as they tend not to belive it.

As i said your hotel and bonk with low expectations would be the only scenario i would suggest if he is simply too irresistible.

When you get to Tunisia with your friends you will see what i mean...