b1level from 13th of octobre??

mjka

hi my wife had her settlement visa for two year the 18th of jan 2012, to apply for the ilr she need to passe life in uk test, does she still need to passe the b1level test in speaking and listening from the 13th of oct 2013??cos my wife had her visa before the 9th of july 2012
in that date the ukba made these changing with new immigration rules,when i read their web site where news and update<<they saying anyone who had a visa before the the 9th of july2012 ,the new changes dont apply to his aplication ??please i i will appreciate your help

Jane BM

hi my wife had her settlement visa for two year the 18th of jan 2012, to apply for the ilr she need to passe life in uk test, does she still need to passe the b1level test in speaking and listening from the 13th of oct 2013??cos my wife had her visa before the 9th of july 2012
in that date the ukba made these changing with new immigration rules,when i read their web site where news and update<<they saying anyone who had a visa before the the 9th of july2012 ,the new changes dont apply to his aplication ??please i i will appreciate your help
Bout the same time as my husband had his. It all depends what level she had when she took her English test, if it was level B1 or above then it's just Life in the UK, if not then she needs to acquire level B1 or above..., so you need to dig out her English test result and see what level she got.

mjka

Bout the same time as my husband had his. It all depends what level she had when she took her English test, if it was level B1 or above then it's just Life in the UK, if not then she needs to acquire level B1 or above..., so you need to dig out her English test result and see what level she got.
i remember she done ket i thinck a1 level or a2 but did you read that page on ukba web site where news and update where they did mention any one had his visa before the 9th of july 12 ,the news rules(there,s list of new rules incl b1 level from the 13th of oct) will be under the old rules (before the 9th of july 2012)

Jane BM

i remember she done ket i thinck a1 level or a2 but did you read that page on ukba web site where news and update where they did mention any one had his visa before the 9th of july 12 ,the news rules(there,s list of new rules incl b1 level from the 13th of oct) will be under the old rules (before the 9th of july 2012)
Can you post the link...because my understanding is that everyone who is applying for ILR after 13th October needs to have level B1 or above...

mjka

Changes to the family migration Immigration Rules come into effect on 9 July 2012

09 July 2012
A number of changes to the Immigration Rules come into effect on 9 July 2012. These changes will affect non-European Economic Area (non-EEA) nationals applying to enter or remain in the UK under the family migration route.
These changes will define the basis on which a person can enter or remain in the UK on the basis of their family or private life, unifying consideration under the rules and Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
If you already have leave to enter or remain in the UK, on the basis of being the spouse or partner of a settled person, you will need to meet the rules which were in force before 9 July 2012 if you apply for settlement.
The changes include:
  • introducing a new minimum income threshold of £18,600 for sponsoring the settlement in the UK of a spouse or partner, or fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationality, with a higher threshold for any children also sponsored; £22,400 for one child and an additional £2,400 for each further child;
  • publishing, in casework guidance, a list of factors associated with genuine and non-genuine relationships, to help UK Border Agency caseworkers to focus on these issues;
  • extending the minimum probationary period for settlement for non-EEA spouses and partners from two years to five years, to test the genuineness of the relationship;
  • abolishing immediate settlement for the migrant spouses and partner where a couple have been living together overseas for at least 4 years, and requiring them to complete a 5 year probationary period;
  • from October 2013, requiring all applicants for settlement to pass the Life in the UK Test and present an English language speaking and listening qualification at B1 level or above of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages unless they are exempt; and
  • allowing adult and elderly dependants to settle in the UK only where they can demonstrate that, as a result of age, illness or disability, they require a level of long-term personal care that can only be provided by a relative in the UK, and requiring them to apply from overseas rather than switch in the UK from another category, for example as a visitor.
The changes to the Immigration Rules were announced by the Government on 11 June 2012 and they form part of the Government's programme of reform of the immigration routes. The changes are being introduced following wide consultation and expert advice from the Migration Advisory

Jane BM

All I can say is, thank god my husband has level B1 anyway....so just Life in the UK for us....cos the more I read UKBA websites the more confused I get!!!

mjka

All I can say is, thank god my husband has level B1 anyway....so just Life in the UK for us....cos the more I read UKBA websites the more confused I get!!!
hi you said your husband got b1 level in tunisia when he did apply for settlement visa is it still valid to apply for the ilr in uk?what do thinck about what i did post above do you thinck i was right or wrong realy im confused???

Jane BM

hi you said your husband got b1 level in tunisia when he did apply for settlement visa is it still valid to apply for the ilr in uk?what do thinck about what i did post above do you thinck i was right or wrong realy im confused???
Yep my husband did the IELTS and has level B1 and yes its still valid.....yes it is very confusing. Best thing I can suggest is that you give them a ring...

kassie

Hi....my hubby was in similar situation. If the English Level is not up to "standard" then they have to do ESOL with citizenship at local college. Well, it was when hubby applied? It is no hardship.....go to local college and enquire?
However, perhaps the rules have changed since 2009/2010? You will get ILR if you have "ticked" all the boxes"! But that was then.... I don't now :confused:
The rules change from year to year lol....:rolleyes: Once they have ESOl certificate with citizenship......it has fulfilled "their requirement. :) Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Kassie

xxx

Jane BM

Hi....my hubby was in similar situation. If the English Level is not up to "standard" then they have to do ESOL with citizenship at local college. Well, it was when hubby applied? It is no hardship.....go to local college and enquire?
However, perhaps the rules have changed since 2009/2010? You will get ILR if you have "ticked" all the boxes"! But that was then.... I don't now :confused:
The rules change from year to year lol....:rolleyes: Once they have ESOl certificate with citizenship......it has fulfilled "their requirement. :) Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Kassie

xxx
When your husband originally applied for settlement Kassie before ILR, did they have to do English tests before they could apply?

kassie

When your husband originally applied for settlement Kassie before ILR, did they have to do English tests before they could apply?
Hi Jane,
Hubby did not need to show "English" level for spouse visa, however, when he applied foe ILR....this is when proof was required.

Kassie

xxx

Jane BM

Hi Jane,
Hubby did not need to show "English" level for spouse visa, however, when he applied foe ILR....this is when proof was required.

Kassie

xxx
That's ones of the areas where it's changed now Kassie, they have to do the English before even applying for settlement...so dependant on how high they score in it, they may not need to do an ESOL, if its level B1 or above, then its just Life in the UK.

Constantly changing rules......groan...

salim

Great Salim....I'm gonna have a go when I've got time, see if I'm 'allowed' to stay or if I need banishing....lol
I am trying to find more example Jane :)

gabriel612

Well my hubby has to do both, I have tried all the colleges and community centres but all only do day classes. How can he do this if he is working??? He works shifts and it is a new job so he can't really be taking time off so soon.

I have contacted private tutors they all only teach but cannot get him the certificate. I have found an online one who reckon they deal with ESOl for spouse visas and other settlement types, they do give a certificate but I am wondering if it will be accepted by UKBA as they state they have to be recognised IE: colleges, libraries or community centres. Don't know what to do but he needs to start his study soon.

mjka

Well my hubby has to do both, I have tried all the colleges and community centres but all only do day classes. How can he do this if he is working??? He works shifts and it is a new job so he can't really be taking time off so soon.

I have contacted private tutors they all only teach but cannot get him the certificate. I have found an online one who reckon they deal with ESOl for spouse visas and other settlement types, they do give a certificate but I am wondering if it will be accepted by UKBA as they state they have to be recognised IE: colleges, libraries or community centres. Don't know what to do but he needs to start his study soon.
These changes will define the basis on which a person can enter or remain in the UK on the basis of their family or private life, unifying consideration under the rules and Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
If you already have leave to enter or remain in the UK, on the basis of being the spouse or partner of a settled person, you will need to meet the rules which were in force before 9 July 2012 if you apply for settlement.
The changes in
Hi Jane,

Kassie

xxx
The changes in

Essem

Staff member

Would it be possible for him to have the private tutoring to get him to the appropriate level and then sit the exam in a college or community centre?

kassie

Sorry to hear that.....only do day classes. Where do you live? Our local college did both day and evening classes. Why is it so so hard when you do everything to "do the right thing" :confused: It is not easy!