Baby's first passport

Zeyneb

Does anyone needed permission from their partners (when not married, but with father's name on Birt Certificate) when applying for child's passport. I phoned Passport Service they said as we both have parental responsibilities any of us can apply for child's passport. I got the application form today and it says in a guide that father can give permission if he is named on the birth certificate. I am a bit confused now, does it mean he can give permission but doesn't have to? please help if anyone knows. thanks

Trulymadlydeeply

Hello Zeyneb, sorry I am having a thick day today!!! 20 questions.......
Is this for the baby yet to be born?
Are you married?
Will he be here before the birth of your son?

Unless things have changed you cannot put a boyfriends name on the baby's BC unless he is with you to state that he is the father. Anyone correct me if this is wrong!!

Zeyneb

Hello Zeyneb, sorry I am having a thick day today!!! 20 questions.......
Is this for the baby yet to be born?
Are you married?
Will he be here before the birth of your son?

Unless things have changed you cannot put a boyfriends name on the baby's BC unless he is with you to state that he is the father. Anyone correct me if this is wrong!!
He won't be here but will send me his declaration of acknowledge of parentage signed with a solicitor so I can add his name on child's birth certificate. We are not married but will both have parental resposnibilities.

Trulymadlydeeply

Have you checked that the registrar will accept this?? :)

lauren omranii

my son is 4 months old now and i sent off for his passport as soon as he was born and i didnt put the fathers name on the form when filling it out and it asks for parents names i onli put mine. and his fathers name was on the birth certificate - he was not in the uk when my son was born but i did send him the forms to fill out in front of the solicitor, with his signature. and his name was then added to my sons birth certificate.

Zeyneb

Lauren Omranii did you send the birth certificate with his name already added or the first one you got just with mother's name. how come they did not want father's details when applying for passport?

Zeyneb

Have you checked that the registrar will accept this?? :)
I got a special form sent to me from the registar for the father to fill in and sign in front of the solicitor. I need it in order to add his name on BC when the father cannot go with me to register the birth but wants to be on it.

lauren omranii

Lauren Omranii did you send the birth certificate with his name already added or the first one you got just with mother's name. how come they did not want father's details when applying for passport?
no the birth certificate had both my name and fathers name on it, was the onli birth certificate i had done. and i dont no why they didnt need it when applying for passport. got babys passport back in 2 weeks tho. soo no questions was asked as to why i didnt fill it in.

lauren omranii

I got a special form sent to me from the registar for the father to fill in and sign in front of the solicitor. I need it in order to add his name on BC when the father cannot go with me to register the birth but wants to be on it.
thats exactly what i got. i sent it to him some weeks before the baby was born so he had it so when baby was born he could fill in all details on it and return it to me asap for me to get babys birthcert. i recieved this back from babys father 3 days after baby was born, then took it to sort out birth cert - with both our names on. which is where i then went on to enclose it in with the passport form and 2 weeks later i recieved babys passport.

Zeyneb

It sounds really easy but knowing my luck they will ask for some more info. My father gave that form to my boyfriend on his latest visit to Tunisia so as quick as he knows the date of new arrival will do exactly the same. Thanks for the info

khl

My baby is almost 4 months old and i will be applying for his first passport. It will be a British one but iam confused about the photo. Do i need to get a professional person (eg doctor) to sign his pic? I know it will cost so i just need to know before i do it.

Trulymadlydeeply

I think the person verifying the photo is saying that they know you more than baby?! GP probably the best option...

Jasmine

Any professional can do it...Health visitor, Dr, Post office clerk etc...

I know my Dr charges a fee for doing it, as do the school. I got the lady at the post office to do mine, as long as the person countersigning holds a valid passport.

Little ones passport took 3 wks to come back last year, i took her to Tunisia to meet daddy when she was 5 wks old :) Aww memories :)

deedee

Hi Khl,

Like Jasmine I also took our baby at six wks old to meet her bubba. Her passport came back shortly after two wks and I asked a church leader to verify documents as they would not have know the baby for two years, but as the post above stated there really stating they've know you for over that period. As regards pic's I went to a local camera shop in town that took passport photo's...Hope this helps.

khl

Hi Khl,

Like Jasmine I also took our baby at six wks old to meet her bubba. Her passport came back shortly after two wks and I asked a church leader to verify documents as they would not have know the baby for two years, but as the post above stated there really stating they've know you for over that period. As regards pic's I went to a local camera shop in town that took passport photo's...Hope this helps.
Yeh this advice helps. I got the pics done today. Its so funny, he smiled at the camera lol. He has dr app on friday so i might get it signed, he has grandparents to meet :).
is it just the one photo i need signing?

Jasmine

Yes just the one :)

khl

cool, thanks jas

ROULLA

My baby is almost 4 months old and i will be applying for his first passport. It will be a British one but iam confused about the photo. Do i need to get a professional person (eg doctor) to sign his pic? I know it will cost so i just need to know before i do it.
Hi Khl hope that you and your family are all well! Wow doesn't time fly. I would definitely get a passport photo taken by a professional. And like the rest are saying as long as someone can verify that they have known you for a few years then that should be fine.:)

Getting your photographs certified

If the application is for someone under 16 (including babies)
The countersignatory must:
  • sign the application form at section 10 to confirm that they have known the adult who signed section 9 for at least two years
  • certify one of the photographs as described above, stating the child’s full name

deedee

Yeh this advice helps. I got the pics done today. Its so funny, he smiled at the camera lol. He has dr app on friday so i might get it signed, he has grandparents to meet :).
is it just the one photo i need signing?
Hey hun,

Yes just the one...soz for late reply been hetic. Aww meeting the granparents the will absolutely adore and shower baby with love. My hubby's family were wonderful when they met the new addition to the family. xx

khl

Hi Khl hope that you and your family are all well! Wow doesn't time fly. I would definitely get a passport photo taken by a professional. And like the rest are saying as long as someone can verify that they have known you for a few years then that should be fine.:)

Getting your photographs certified

If the application is for someone under 16 (including babies)
The countersignatory must:
  • sign the application form at section 10 to confirm that they have known the adult who signed section 9 for at least two years
  • certify one of the photographs as described above, stating the child’s full name
Hey Roulla, thanks for that info.
Time definatly does fly, my baby's growing up :(. His doingso many things, smiling, trying to giggle, trying to crawl but finding he cant actually move when he is on the floor LOL, its such a nice time.. getting a little personality now :)