Baby's first passport

khl

Hey hun,

Yes just the one...soz for late reply been hetic. Aww meeting the granparents the will absolutely adore and shower baby with love. My hubby's family were wonderful when they met the new addition to the family. xx
I got the pic signed by his gp, cost £30 :eek:, now i need to send off for the passport. Do i need to do interview for that or do they just supply me with the passport in the post ?

ROULLA

Hey Roulla, thanks for that info.
Time definatly does fly, my baby's growing up :(. His doingso many things, smiling, trying to giggle, trying to crawl but finding he cant actually move when he is on the floor LOL, its such a nice time.. getting a little personality now :)
Good morning Khl hope that you and your family are all well! These are precious moments especially all the things that you mentioned, first smile ,first words,first laugh,,,I love babies so much, enjoy it as they grow up so quick and wish you all the luck for the future x:)x

Jasmine

I never had an interview for little ones passport. Posted all the docs off and 2 weeks later the passport came :)

gem15

I got the pic signed by his gp, cost £30 :eek:, now i need to send off for the passport. Do i need to do interview for that or do they just supply me with the passport in the post ?
You dont need an interview for babys first passport. You can pay extra and get it back in a week rather than waiting the 2-4 weeks.

deedee

No you don't hun just send all relevant paperwork with application.xx

khl

Yaay, my baby's passport came this eve.. so excited, now i can take him on his travels..
Anyone travelled with a 6 month old? Bet he would need more things than me and his dad put together :p

Jasmine

I traveled when little miss was 5wks, and a few times since.

Depending on who you fly with, when giving the pushchair at departure gate, request that you can have it when you get the other end, instead of waiting for it to come through with the luggage - so much easier :)

Found that little miss slept the duration of the flight - gave her a bottle at take off and landing so her ears wasnt affected.

And i would also recommend, if you can, change nappy before the flight, as you dont have room to swing a cat on the plane's toilets :p

gem15

I traveled when little miss was 5wks, and a few times since.

Depending on who you fly with, when giving the pushchair at departure gate, request that you can have it when you get the other end, instead of waiting for it to come through with the luggage - so much easier :)

Found that little miss slept the duration of the flight - gave her a bottle at take off and landing so her ears wasnt affected.

And i would also recommend, if you can, change nappy before the flight, as you dont have room to swing a cat on the plane's toilets :p
I never understand why people dont give bottles to babies during take off and landing. Its obvious their ears will get affected (ours do) and sucking something will help with that.

tiffjay

i travelled with my son to meet his daddy for the first time and gave him a bottle to suck on also gave him little bit of calpol before we boarded the plane to help a bit as i suffer badly with my ears when take off and landing but be prepared to taste his milk/baby food when you go threw security at the airport.

annibee

I never understand why people dont give bottles to babies during take off and landing. Its obvious their ears will get affected (ours do) and sucking something will help with that.
i remember they used to give people a sweet to suck on take off and landing in the good old days lol but i feel so sorry for the little ones screaming (and the parents) because my ears kill me on landing so much pain but i understand it and cope a baby or small child just feels the pain

gem15

i remember they used to give people a sweet to suck on take off and landing in the good old days lol but i feel so sorry for the little ones screaming (and the parents) because my ears kill me on landing so much pain but i understand it and cope a baby or small child just feels the pain
Madam will only be a few weeks old whenn i bring her back so ive looked into the best way tp keep her calm and common sense takes over. When we got to thailand at xmas she will only be 10 weeks old which is a long flight. ekkkkk!

tiffjay

Madam will only be a few weeks old whenn i bring her back so ive looked into the best way tp keep her calm and common sense takes over. When we got to thailand at xmas she will only be 10 weeks old which is a long flight. ekkkkk!
i did a long flight many years ago to new zealand with my daughter she was only 10 months they give her this little crib to sleep in it took 12 hours to singapore then another 13 hours to new zealand i wouldnt be doing that in a hurry again but i hope to take my hubby there 1 day so he can see the country i was born and raised in before i moved to the uk