Berber dance

Sana

performances of traditional Berber dancing are a popular form of entertainement at tunisian resort hotels . these dances date back to pre-islamic times . they include the dramatic dance of the vases , performed by dancers with vases balanced on their heads . this is also a highlight of the festival of the Ksour which is held around Tatouine :);)
have u seen these traditional berber dancing ? ;)

RevdKathy

feefad

sana, seems to be a highlight at alot of hotels in the summer to have a "Tunisian night" and the dancing that you describe. the vases on the head, im always waiting for them to drop :)

marhaba

i saw this dancing when i wasin sousse last july. They didnt seem to bother having it in december or november. i enjoyed it but i would rather the tunisian irish dancing to be honest. x

bobby g

i saw this dancing when i wasin sousse last july. They didnt seem to bother having it in december or november. i enjoyed it but i would rather the tunisian irish dancing to be honest. x

Do you mean the animation teams attempts at Irish dancing?:D
I prefered the traditional dancing, it must be a popular tourist show round many of the hotels.

bobby g

Yes, I have. The women wear scarves around their hips and the dancing is mostly done on their toes. The gentleman with the pots on his head was amazing - he also did something with a tray and lots of coke bottles.

I put a few photos up at the time on my scrapbook:

http://revdkathy.tumblr.com/post/82466717/tunisian-entertainment-could-give-you-a-headache

http://revdkathy.tumblr.com/post/82466873/berber-dancers

Just looked at your photos.. looks like the same troup I saw.:)

marhaba

yes bobby im on about the animations attemps whats wrong with it? Thats going to be my job This year i cant wait. Animator NASHA lol x

Trulymadlydeeply

Do you mean the animation teams attempts at Irish dancing?:D
I prefered the traditional dancing, it must be a popular tourist show round many of the hotels.

Hi bobbyg, yes they do the tours of all the hotels, some of the animation shows are the same since I first visited in 1995 :eek: :D

bobby g

yes bobby im on about the animations attemps whats wrong with it? Thats going to be my job This year i cant wait. Animator NASHA lol x

Nothing at all wrong with it, they were doing their jobs entertaining the guests. But "Riverdance" it was not... maybe you could put them right on a few moves if you get your job as animator.:)

Trulymadlydeeply

Animator, NASHA, which hotel will you be working at??

bobby g

Hi bobbyg, yes they do the tours of all the hotels, some of the animation shows are the same since I first visited in 1995 :eek: :D

Hi Truly, that will explain why at times they looked bored. My friend went back in the Autumn and stayed in the same hotel we stayed in the summer, she said the animation routine had'nt changed a jot, can't be easy for them repeating the same routine day in day out.

BTW she went back on her own to see a guy she met there, he turned out to be a complete twonk!!! thats being polite;)

Trulymadlydeeply

Oh dear, a lot of them are twonks!!!! When you go to Tunisia, just for a holiday and not back to see someone, you tend to see these guys with different eyes, if you get my drift!!!

marhaba

Bella Vistaaaaa (Y) I think or Sahara Beach. x

Trulymadlydeeply

That will be exciting, have you got the job already? Only asking as I know someone that is interested in doing the same thing. Do your parents mind you going for so long?

marhaba

My parents dont mind. yes i have it. im going back in may to also sign the contract n give details.
x

bobby g

My parents dont mind. yes i have it. im going back in may to also sign the contract n give details.
x

Good luck with that. I hope you enjoy it and it works out well for you.:)

marhaba

Thanks.:S if hat was sarcasm i dont knwo but still thanks

bobby g

No, I was'nt being sarcastic, I do hope it works out for you.

marhaba

Thank you very much. x

SilverMoonlight

Sana this is really interesting! Yes, I have seen these girls performing these dances and I really liked it a lot.