BEWARE PAYING FOR VISA FROM U.K.

scotty_bambam

Just had my bank statement in and I'm so angry.the visa plus health surcharge plus TLS contact charge(£58) should total £1,608...... I have paid £1,698.98..
I'll break it down..
Imm surcharge £614.91
Visa plus TLS..£1,033.11
Bank fees £51.26

Never heard anyone else say this.I assumed as the money was being paid to the u.k the simplest thing would be for it to come from a u.k bank account.
But seems its treated as an international transaction.I'm so annoyed.I could've transferred the money much cheaper and not lost out on currency exchange.its not as though its cheap in the first place.and luckily it didn't put me into unauthorised overdraft and incur more charges..

robynnehm

What's all that about!!! Omg!! I'd be furious too!!! X

scotty_bambam

I don't understand it.

Yara M

The solicitor asked my husband for same amount of payment!

robynnehm

So even if they do it for you still the same... wow x. X

Yara M

I wish you good luck for the visa. By the way How did you send your documents to Tunisia? My husband sent me a birthday card through Royal Mail on the 12th of December and I didn't get it yet. Normally it takes only 5 days to reach here

robynnehm

You too yara! I used dhl... cost me £57 but it's already in tunisia and it was picked up from my local whsmiths yesterday x x just waiting for the notification that it's in gabes x I wouldnt trust royal mail to send visa papers... you're better off paying that bit more for good service x wishing you the best of luck x.

Yara M

Thank you so much,I'm so grateful to you and I will definitely tell my husband about this as he doesn't trust Royal Mail anymore and thinks of coming here handing me the documents. I've been searching for a cover letter sample in the forum and I didn't find one. Do you have any example because I prefer to write One myself.

robynnehm

I can give you an idea... just be brief about the relationship ship wheb you met how often you've been... when you got engaged.. married... you've met the family.. what your family think of him. Etc etc what your friends think about the relationship. Get a friend to do a letter too and parents if you can... I have... how he's changed your life... how the cultural differences don't effect either of you... blah blah... that's what ive done... x so who knows x haha x
Yes use dhl... they're fast and good. Just a little bit more costly x hope I've helped x x

Yara M

That's a good idea. I will write about what you said and get letters from my family as they can speak English. I will focus on the positive points in the relationship...xx thank you robynnehm

robynnehm

It's ok... its taken me over a month to write mine... then I did too much and wrote it up like 4 or 5 times... just keep it brief but honest. X honesty is the best policy! brill... Glad I could help x x been there just waiting till hubby has everything in order and were submitting x x

Yara M

It's going to take me long to write it too as I have a lot to say but I'll try to be brief and consice as much as possible. Thank you again and again and best luck and wishes for you xx

robynnehm

So using credit card.. when I go to pay I will pay the surcharge then put that money on my card then pay for the visa... afterwards or however it falls... I am wondering people have said it gives you the option for dinar or £ what is best? I know I will get charged which is why I'm putting money straight on my card after haha so I don't go over the limit. The total amount was about £1700 or near enough... so I'm ok. Just making sure there's no other costs on top. Also I am adding papers to the application like sending another copy of pages if my passport woth most recent stamps of entry and exit... do these need to be certified as people have and haven't done that too... Most of my passport is certified but this sheet isn't as I'm sending it after x help please thanks x and does hubby need to have anything written on the back of his passport?? X tia x x

scotty_bambam

So using credit card.. when I go to pay I will pay the surcharge then put that money on my card then pay for the visa... afterwards or however it falls... I am wondering people have said it gives you the option for dinar or £ what is best? I know I will get charged which is why I'm putting money straight on my card after haha so I don't go over the limit. The total amount was about £1700 or near enough... so I'm ok. Just making sure there's no other costs on top. Also I am adding papers to the application like sending another copy of pages if my passport woth most recent stamps of entry and exit... do these need to be certified as people have and haven't done that too... Most of my passport is certified but this sheet isn't as I'm sending it after x help please thanks x and does hubby need to have anything written on the back of his passport?? X tia x x
You've answered you're own question re certified passport pages.some did some didn't.seems not to make a difference.I don't know what you mean about writing something on back of Hubby's passport. Maybe someone else will cone along.

robynnehm

Thanks scotty_bambam hope you've had a lovely Christmas! X x

robynnehm

When you paid for the visa scotty_bambam woukd it let you log off again before you printed it... im just thinking im sending some more bits over on Tuesday for Thursday but there's not enough room for the application so when it's been paid for can you log out so he can then access it online or would it be better me calling him abd giving him the payment do details over the phone for him to put in? X because we've got to app completion just want to make sure we can get it printed out his end x

scotty_bambam

He can probably log on at the same time as you.try it first to see if you can

salimlov

Just had my bank statement in and I'm so angry.the visa plus health surcharge plus TLS contact charge(£58) should total £1,608...... I have paid £1,698.98..
I'll break it down..
Imm surcharge £614.91
Visa plus TLS..£1,033.11
Bank fees £51.26

Never heard anyone else say this.I assumed as the money was being paid to the u.k the simplest thing would be for it to come from a u.k bank account.
But seems its treated as an international transaction.I'm so annoyed.I could've transferred the money much cheaper and not lost out on currency exchange.its not as though its cheap in the first place.and luckily it didn't put me into unauthorised overdraft and incur more charges..
lol its too late fall down in it a year before be carreful the rest of people and good luck

robynnehm

I don't understand what you mean salimlov. X