Booking hotel via uk tour operators

doris

Ok so i have been looking online for a hotel to book for our honeymoon, and just before i clicked on "submit" I thought i would call them. (This was loveholidays.com)
My question was "you advise against travel, but as i am already travelling with a european company, is there going to be a problem booking the hotel only?"
Their response was they advise against all travel and that to avoid booking the hotel online as nobody knew the situation with hotel only bookings!!!
Any advice from people who have used other companies?? Or should i just wait until i get there where it will probably cost triple.

scotty_bambam

Alpha rooms just cancelled my hotel in yasmine hamnamet.all the other suppliers still advertising same hotel.but I thought I'd get hubby to ring them to see if OK to come.but he said it was s "closed number".. Think hr means a dead line.so we don't know if the hotel is closed temporarily or will be OK in October.this is a dog friendly hotel so I don't want to turn up,find its closed and have nowhere else that will accept me

Jane BM

Alpha rooms just cancelled my hotel in yasmine hamnamet.all the other suppliers still advertising same hotel.but I thought I'd get hubby to ring them to see if OK to come.but he said it was s "closed number".. Think hr means a dead line.so we don't know if the hotel is closed temporarily or will be OK in October.this is a dog friendly hotel so I don't want to turn up,find its closed and have nowhere else that will accept me
Can you not just try to rent an apartment.....would be easier. Lots of the hotels are going to be closing soon for a while.

scotty_bambam

Can you not just try to rent an apartment.....would be easier. Lots of the hotels are going to be closing soon for a while.
I'm only there 2 nights..and im vegan and like to stay where I know its mega clean ,and residence corail is.I've never liked the idea of apartments as the ones I've seen were manky

Jane BM

I'm only there 2 nights..and im vegan and like to stay where I know its mega clean ,and residence corail is.I've never liked the idea of apartments as the ones I've seen were manky
There are some nice ones.....don't think being vegan makes any difference to be honest....lol...

scotty_bambam

There are some nice ones.....don't think being vegan makes any difference to be honest....lol...
Well to an anxious ,depressive it does.lol.I just can't cook or sleep in dirty places.im sure there's some lovely ones,but its just finding one.

sass

Hi Doris, regarding booking online, I used hotels.com and booking.com with no problem, but the main problem is lack of European tourists forcing the hotels to close early as Arab people don't tend to holiday so much out of Summer season. I have just spent 3 weeks in Tunisia, visiting Djerba, Sousse and Hammamet, I was with my Tunisian husband and he actually found cheaper deals by calling them a few days before, in fact this was the best hotel we had. When we looked online, it was much more expensive.

doris

Well i have just booked online for a hotel in kantoui, but will ask my fiancé to go and check the reservation and that they will be open as i am hoping mid sept is still in season?

Rainbow

Might have to start a new thread but though it may be worth posting on here first. Never sure of forum etiquette and whether to start a new thread or not lol.

Anyone know of any hotels that will let my fiance and me share a room, without having to book separate ones?
We want to be in Sousse near his family, or also happy to go to Monastir. We've sometimes stayed at the Marhaba Hotel but they are closed at the moment. They are fine with us sharing a room but I know a lot don't like it. Really fancy a hotel rather than an apartment as I fancy a 'proper holiday' lol, so would appreciate any help. I'm going mid October for a couple of weeks.

scotty_bambam

Try ramada liberty at skanes.cheap enough to book 2 rooms and only sleep in one

W3ndy

I had booked a hotel through Hotels4u for December but have received an email cancelling the booking as the FCO haven't changed their advice. I have now booked direct with the hotel.

pbf

We stayed togetyer in Tej Marhaba in Sousse before we got married 5 yrs ago

Rainbow

Thanks for your replies. We're gonna have an apartment instead. It sounds like the hotels which have managed to stay open aren't gonna be a lot of fun anyway as lots of the entertainment has stopped and they are still pretty quiet. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon! Mega cheap flight though with Lufthansa - £100 return with only an hour stopover each way in Frankfurt! x

pbf

I flew that route with Lufthansa in august and it was good only problem was they dont seem very strict about the size of hand luggage people bring on board and there wasnt enough overhead locker space coz some of the cases were quite large and it just caused a bit of caos

Rainbow

I flew that route with Lufthansa in august and it was good only problem was they dont seem very strict about the size of hand luggage people bring on board and there wasnt enough overhead locker space coz some of the cases were quite large and it just caused a bit of caos
What was it like changing flights? Was it easy? I've only got like 50 minutes and I'm a bit scared of getting lost. When I phoned Lufthansa they said it's easy and you can do it in 40 mins so fingers crossed. Do you have to go through passport control at Frankfurt and then go back into arrivals to find your boarding gate? Seems like just thinking about it's gonna take more than 40 mins! At Enfidha it takes twice that long to get off the plane and through passport control lol xx

gem15

It all depends if your using the same airline on both legs. If you are then you will be given 2 boarding passes at your starting point. Then you just find the connecting gate for your next flight when u disembark your first leg. No need to go thru passport control again.

pbf

No need to go through passport control as already posted and yes both my boardingcards were issued at Edinburgh This time I am travelling via Paris anI only have 55mins to change so keeping fingers crossed that flights are all on time It is all well sihn posted at Frankfurt so you should be OK

doris

Thought i'd update...i went ahead and booked online using loveholidays.com against their sketchy advice and had no problems apart from the reception not being able to find our booking, but as it was 2am after a full day of wedding celebrations, they gave us a key and by morning everything was fine.