Bulletin No3. (B3) - Where does it say this required?

Samza

Hello all, wondered if someone out there could clarify this for Uk Spouse applications, I keep seeing this pop up that the B3 IS required however it doesnt show this as a requirement on guidance notes so a little confused - can anyone help IS this required, if so why and where does it say so?

thanks

Shazza100

I don't think it is stated as a supporting document BUT one of the exceptions of not meeting the requirements are that you have any previous convictions in your country to any other. So helps to show as an applicant you don't. Well this is my interpretations anyway.

Samza

Thanks Shazza appreciate your feedback :) - as long as records are clean dont think its necessary (although that is my understanding) - I cant see how they can Refuse on Grounds of not presenting a police check if there are no convictions obviously different story if they're any convictions (then i would of thought B3 becomes relevant to include as evidence)..would be interesting to know if anyone has been refused on grounds of no police check being included when there are no convictions OR applied for a visa without this B3... it would be quite interesting to know at what lengths the government actually go to to check out each individuals criminal records and those serious offenders that have slipped the net

Jane BM

The B3 is a requirement for a spouse visa, always has been. It is proof of no previous criminal convictions and the only way to show this.

You won't hear of people being refused for not providing it because people know it's a requirement.

Samza

Thanks Jane - But how do people know its a requirement because its not specified as a Visa requirement for any nationality wanting to come to the UK - Have been looking for this and come up with no real answers - even asked some immigration "experts" who say its not needed as evidence which is why i was confused

Jane BM

Thanks Jane - But how do people know its a requirement because its not specified as a Visa requirement for any nationality wanting to come to the UK - Have been looking for this and come up with no real answers - even asked some immigration "experts" who say its not needed as evidence which is why i was confused
Dependent on where you're coming from outside of the UK it's only called a B3 in Tunisia, so other countries would call it something else.

It does say though that they should have good character/be conviction free...so the b3 is the only way of proving this.

Shazza100

People do seem to include the B3 as a supporting documents as a matter of course. I mean it seems only sensible to show that you are conviction free and goes toward character etc. I expect they do conduct their own checks though. I think if we sat and questioned a lot of what the UKBA ask for and then go though anything they don't mention as supporting documents, we would go even more crazy than we already are when completing the forms. As always it is open to interpretation. I would just include it Samza, its really easy for the Applicant to obtain. If he is conviction free nothing to worry about. Would an application fail without it? I don't know the answer to that one, are you asking because your partner has submitted the visa application without the B3?

Samza

Thanks shazza well biometrics are being done in a weeks time and I was advised that police checks are not needed but now that playing on my mind and b3 I think is going to take a while to obtain which is the problem looking on bundles of forums a lot of people haven't included a police Chck from their country of origin that's why I guess I'm questioning if it's a must I guess

On another note my landlord/ agents came back to me re accommodation situ (not sure if this will suffice).., they have confirmed by email this .... I have spoken to the Landlord and she is happy for your husband to move into the property with you. We will need to add him to the tenancy agreement and in order to do this he will need to be referenced and provide his ID.
Please could you contact the local office so that they can provide you with the relevant forms and advise you of the cost for the referencing.

So have this email plus contract that states I can have immediate family live with me - just worried about the wording of the email cos he doesn't reside in UK at the moment so referencing would fail ... The agents know all of this

ronaldinho

i have included a b3 police check with my visa application documents , and they even kept it with other documents like my marriage certificate retc ...they dint even gave to me back (i dont know why!'), if it wasnt important i dont think they would have kept it .iv heard that only germany join family visa applicants dont need b3 police check .
but i dont know why is a problem to give b3 police check even as an additional information .

Samza

Thanks appointment is in a weeks time you see and worried that it will take longer to get b3 - do you think it's possible to get a b3 in a few days?

ronaldinho

yes you can get it in the ministry of interior if you proove that you need urgently , or if you have some friends can help you , but even if you get in gew days still not enought because you have to stamp it at your governerate then at ministry of foreign affaires and then translated to english (are you tunisian ?)

Samza

No my husband is

Shazza100

I think it is possible Samza, it takes a few days I think, see what your husband can do. Better to try I think. We too have an appointment soon, 17th February 2015. I think the e-mail is fine about the accommodation. The same was with my letter it was "subject to visa". It is a catch 22 situation and this is as far as your agent can go and that's all you can do. Good Luck :) x

ronaldinho

samza , anyway is not a big problem as it seems , you also can delay your appointment for your husband to get it ready .

Samza

Thanks Shazza ah ours is 16th just need b3 and marriage cert to be translated (my husband got the contract translated rather than the marriage cert translated to english)

Samza

The only problem with delaying the appointment is then I have to update my payslips
And things

ronaldinho

The only problem with delaying the appointment is then I have to update my payslips
And things
dont worry then he will be ok , he just have to do his best to get in few days and take to ministry of affairs and and then translate it , he just should speak to somone help him to get quiqly
i will reply again all the documents i used for visa application

Shazza100

You shouldn't have to update your payslips because its the date of his visa application which is the important date I think which is the date you submit online not the date of the appointment. I may be very wrong about this but this was my understanding.

Samza

Brilliant thanks a lot
Hey where is the ministry of affairs ? Can you just go there and ask for b3 my husbands going tunis tomorrow to get the marriage docs translated and stamped

Samza

Good point shazza