Buying gold in Tunisia

dthompson

Hello all,

This is my first post on the forum. I will be traveling to Tunisia this summer from the U.S. What I'm wondering is what would be the safest way to purchase gold while I'm here. What cities are best for this? I've read about some people being scammed through hotel vendors, and I want to avoid that kind of situation.

My other question has to do with precious metals prices in Tunisia. In the U.S. I use coinfo.com to determine prices. Is there an equivalent site that you all use in Tunisia? Any help is much appreciated!

dthompson

No one? I'm also wondering what cities you all would suggest for a 1-2 month stay. I'm looking for a place with lots to see and do. I've done some investigating myself, but would like to hear what you all have to say. Thanks!

Trulymadlydeeply

Hello dthompson and welcome to the forum. I have never bought gold in Tunisia but I would definitely avoid the medinas, souks, or hotel shops. Maybe Tunis would be your best bet.

If you can elaborate more on what you would like to see and during your stay someone will advise you. Are you looking for historical sites, or scenic views or clubbing etc :)

Essem

Staff member

dthompson

Thanks for the replies. I'd like to do a few clubs while I'm there, but I'd also like to see some historical sites, places of beauty, etc. Appreciate the suggestions!

annh

I like silver jewels and sometimes buy them in Tunisia. But the prices are nearly the same as here in Belgium.
I think I would not risk to spend lots of money to golden stuff when I can get them here in Antwerp also and then I know it is not fake.

We are going for 3 months to Sousse in a few weeks. We have been there often and like the town and being central in Tunisia.

Essem

Staff member
Thanks for the replies. I'd like to do a few clubs while I'm there, but I'd also like to see some historical sites, places of beauty, etc. Appreciate the suggestions!
There are lots of threads on our travel section with places to see, towns, restaurants etc.

dthompson

Thanks again for the replies. annh, that's what I'm curious about mostly is pricing. Is anyone aware of any sites with prices listed in Dinars?

Essem, I will check out more of the travel section. I appreciate the direction!

annh

In the medina of Sousse there are a lot of jewelers.