Buying property

Scottochott

We were just asking for those of you 'on the ground' about prices etc. didn't really expect all the sarcasm.
You didn't get sarcasm, you got "on the ground" knowledge

Jane BM

Thanks so much for your local knowledge and insight and information. As I thought there's something not right about this advertisement. We will go and look around for ourselves in person.
This was your response previously.....since that there were 2 more posts re prices!!!

Scottochott

forget it realise you are looking to be silly.
Explain please, as far as I'm concerned you're the one looking silly tonight.

Burton

Not sure what you mean. If I ask for advice re: Kantaoui properties, it seems I am a fool. If an unknown person makes a comment they are not recognised, not sure who to believe here to be honest with you. No matter my brother will look for himself. We were just asking and comparing thoughts.

Scottochott

Not sure what you mean. If I ask for advice re: Kantaoui properties, it seems I am a fool. If an unknown person makes a comment they are not recognised, not sure who to believe here to be honest with you. No matter my brother will look for himself. We were just asking and comparing thoughts.
You're wilfully misreading comments. You asked for information and you got it, what's your problem?

Burton

I think there is some misunderstanding Scottochott. I already own property in Tunisia from 1979. We are looking for my brother and his wife today. There seems to be some extraordinary prices in Sousse, Kantaoui, and Chott Merriem. We are just looking and wondering what the going rate is. There is no hurry or expectations.

Scottochott

I think there is some misunderstanding Scottochott. I already own property in Tunisia from 1979. We are looking for my brother and his wife today. There seems to be some extraordinary prices in Sousse, Kantaoui, and Chott Merriem. We are just looking and wondering what the going rate is. There is no hurry or expectations.
Well if you own property you should have a better idea than most. Sorry you don't like the answers you're getting, but not sure why you feel the need to allocate "dumb" to everything I post, doesn't reflect well on you. Or maybe "Burton" your alter ego is coming out tonight, yes we do know who you are, and have done all along!

gem15

Im confused :oops: where has this come from. People gave you advice Burton and no sarcasm was directed by anyone to anyone. Prices have shot up in some areas but without actually knowing what your after its hard to give a definite answer to your original question.

IMO if you were to buy an apartment in Sousse i would steer clear of Kantaoui, Chott Merium and the centre of Sousse.

Scottochott

Im confused :oops: where has this come from. People gave you advice Burton and no sarcasm was directed by anyone to anyone. Prices have shot up in some areas but without actually knowing what your after its hard to give a definite answer to your original question.

IMO if you were to buy an apartment in Sousse i would steer clear of Kantaoui, Chott Merium and the centre of Sousse.
Where would you recommend?

gem15

Khezema West or certain areas of Hammam Sousse. All depending on if you have your own transport.

Scottochott

Khezema West or certain areas of Hammam Sousse. All depending on if you have your own transport.
But most of us buying out there want the beach, and a view. Can't see the point of moving there to live in the middle of town personally. Also that's where the rental opportunity is. Are you thinking of buying?

gem15

We already have a property so not looking to buy anything and i wouldn't invest as yet. Your never that far from a beach wherever you are and being too far out means a long trek to the supermarket. Summer months on the beaches are not a place i like to be but thats my personal preference, too much hassle!

gem15

Also you get more for your money when moving away from the beach.

Jane BM

Now I'm confused then.....because you asked if it was possible previously to buy property in Tunisia? If you've owned property there since 1979 then surely you already knew the answer.

Also, baffles me, why someone who owns property there stays in hotels on their trips, which you've said you do.

Jane BM

Also you get more for your money when moving away from the beach.
Without a doubt, much bigger!!

I guess it all depends what people want from their place abroad and also if they're living there or not. If I was going for a few weeks a year I'd probably want a sea view, but if I was living there, then I'd want somewhere bigger which would mean having to go a bit inland.

Scottochott

I'd rather step out onto the beach every day, and have a beautiful sea view from my lounge, and drive to supermarket once a week rather than the other way round, but each to their own. As for summer, totally agree but I'm not there, I can get a 10% return on my investment simply by renting it for 2 months over summer period while staying cool in the Scottish summer, lol!

rabah

That is news to me. I didn't know foreigners could then.

Burton

Yes, absolutely then, why would you doubt that?

Burton

Don't forget Port El Kantaoui was built in 1979 and it was not all Tunisian money.