Mizz Kinza

can anyone tell me her name and a little bit of history behind her pleaseeee
[very urgent]

thank u

ROULLA

can anyone tell me her name and a little bit of history behind her pleaseeee
[very urgent]

thank u
Hi Miss Kinza hope that you are in good health! Sorry i am unable to see the photo..

tblueyez

morning miss kinza,hope you are all well..ive just clicked on the link.do you mean the statue of the lady on there?i dont know nothing about it,but im more sure someone will do,good luck,take care x.

caveatemptor

Don`t know who she is but a touch of Clearsil might be in order.

Jenny

I'm not 100% sure but I think it is a statue of Didon, she is said to be the founder and first queen of Carthage. At below link you can read more about her and they also show a picture of a marble statue of Didon, but where she is in better shape an no need of clearsil ;)

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didon

ROULLA

Hi Mizz Kinza hope that you are in good health! It looks like a roman statue but then again it also looks like one of the Greek gods but the halo looks very different..Looks very much like Juno, I think that you should write to Oliver gallibert as it was he that took the photo..
You could also ask a member on here as i think that he studies roman ruins , there is also another member on here that studies Byzantine he also may be able to help.. Ask maktoub2000 i think that the other member is also called Byzantine i will find out for you and let you know.. http://www.flickr.com/people/galibertolivier/

Mizz Kinza

thanks guys n girls... its been a hell ofa time trying to find out who exactly she is.. hubby's been on the case heheee :D

C

Cas

Looks like a photo I have of Demeter who was I think the daughter of Juno. Statue in Bardo.Demeter was linked to the earth, eg the Demeter philosophy of growing our food, linked to the Steiner School of thought.
Could be wrong but from what I can see is alike.

ROULLA

Looks like a photo I have of Demeter who was I think the daughter of Juno. Statue in Bardo.Demeter was linked to the earth, eg the Demeter philosophy of growing our food, linked to the Steiner School of thought.
Could be wrong but from what I can see is alike.
Hi Cas hope that you and your family are all in good health! I thought that it looked like Juno in my post above, so maybe you are right Cas it could be the daughter of Juno..

H

haidermukhtar

I'm just contrary and feel the need to respond to every attempt to harass me. I've no doubt I'll eventually give such an inappropriate outburst I will be banned for it. I know some people deliberately troll me hoping to provoke that moment.

ROULLA

I'm just contrary and feel the need to respond to every attempt to harass me. I've no doubt I'll eventually give such an inappropriate outburst I will be banned for it. I know some people deliberately troll me hoping to provoke that moment.
Hi Haidermukhtar and welcome to the forum. Where did all this come from and what are you talking about sorry but I am now confused. :confused:

DebbieZebbes

Maybe it's the talking statue of Rome :confused:

thameur

she is ELISSA the queen of carthage (old name of tunisia )
At the beginning of the story, Once upon a time Elissa, daughter of Mutto king of Tyre, and sister of Pygmalion. On the death of the king, Pygmalion and kills Sicharbas autrône accesses, the beloved husband of Elissa. The heart afflicted with pain, Elissa secretly left the homeland that she was born with a troop of faithful Tyrian settlers accompanying the mercy of the waves on the African coast.

Immediately landed, she is greeted by Aboriginal people gave it the name of Dido, which means "wandering." Elissa-Dido asks them the equivalent of a land that can fit in a cowhide.
Once she gets the skin, Dido cut into thin strips with which she carefully defines the location of the city of Carthage.

Dido is proclaimed founder and queen of the new city punique.Hélas, the success of his reign is not equal to his love. Hiarbas, King of Gétules, seduced by its beauty and wealth, eager to marry her.
In this application, the Carthaginians respond favorably, happy with the idea to partner with a king of a neighboring country. The fateful day of his union with Hiarbas, Dido, faithful to the memory of Sicharbas, murdered her husband, is sacrificed to the flames of unbûcher. However, Virgil in the Aeneid, another subject to n fi heroine of Carthage. In an endless sea voyage, Aeneas and his companions, led by favorable winds, landed at Carthage. Dido falls in love once the Trojan prince. But their love can not resist the duty.

Aeneas leaves the great Carthaginian to sail to Italy. Humiliated and betrayed, Dido took his vie.Lescitoyens, witnessed his courage and his fi disintegrated, the rise to godhood.

History Historic Figures Elissa Queen of Carthage, History of Elissa, Queen of Carthage, Historical Figures: Elissa