Caraway seeds..

kaylee_bou_absa

This may be a really stupid question but what are caraway seeds and where do i get them?? xx

kaylee_bou_absa

Thank you very much, it was just i found loads of recipes i wanted to try but they had caraway seeds lol thanks again xx

ROULLA

Hi Kaylee sassi hope that you are in good health!

Caraway Seed is actually the fruit of a biennial herb in the parsley family, known as Carum carvi. The seed is about 1/5inch long and tapered at the ends. The hard seed shells have five pale ridges.

61bXmTXVFoL__SS500_.jpg I am sure that you can get this from most Turkish , arabic, greek shops..

kaylee_bou_absa

Hmmm any ideas on where i would get them in tunisia and are they called something else in arabic?? xx

jan52

كمون البذورthis is the arabic for carawy seeds,maybe this might answer ur question??, didnt know whether u meant the the defintion of what i am saying?

kaylee_bou_absa

How would i pronounce that??
I know Salim will prob know what it is but he may not and i wanna impress when i cook our first tunisian meal as his wife lol xxx

ROULLA

How would i pronounce that??
I know Salim will prob know what it is but he may not and i wanna impress when i cook our first tunisian meal as his wife lol xxx
Hiya it's only me, here..Karawiya

kaylee_bou_absa

Roulla you are amazing!!! Thank you xx
Also do any of you know the recipe for chorba, but just the soup with the lemon and rice like bits in it?? xx

ROULLA

do you like it with carrots and pots as well or not ?..

kaylee_bou_absa

Hmm yeah i do and that would come in handy, im guessing for the plain one you just miss them ot, is that right?? xx