Carte de Sejour Card / Residency Card

C

Chris D

Hi there,
Have been reading through the requirements for CDS, regarding the financial side of things, does anyone
know if it is ok to deposit the £6000 as a lump sum and then add to it later, or do the authorities need that
money, at least £6000 drip fed into the account on a monthly basis, as regular income ?

I have read quite a few posts, nothing 100% from what i can see.
I would prefere to make lump sum payment(s) if possible.

I will be buying a property, that may help my cause.
Any feedback would be great, thanks ! :))

gem15

Its best to ask the local police station where you will be staying as each area has its own requirements. My parents do it in a lump sum but I also have friends who do it monthly so both is possible but depends on the day :confused:

Scottochott

Either is fine, and the figure is negotiable, £6K should be fine

Jillimom

Wait, there is a financial requirement to have a Tunisian CDS? I have lived here for nearly 8 years now and have never even heard of that. Is it new?

Scottochott

Wait, there is a financial requirement to have a Tunisian CDS? I have lived here for nearly 8 years now and have never even heard of that. Is it new?
Not new, but you need to show a bank "attestation" to prove you have enough money to live there.

Jane BM

Isn't it different though if you're married to a Tunisian?

C

Chris D

Thanks for your thoughts on that, all +ve stuff !
With a bit of luck should be able to do the lump sum route.
That will make life a lot easier.:cool:

gem15

If your married to a Tunisian you dont need to prove financial aspects just a letter from your husband to state he is responsible for you.

Jillimom

^^Ah OK Gem. Thanks for that... I am married to a Tunisian and he is the worker of the family so, he is definitely responsible for me! LOL. ;)

Stepharoo

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been asked before. I have looked through and most of the visa threads seem to be for uk. What exactly do i need to do for moving to Tunisia? I read somewhere that once i'm in tunisia i can apply for a sejour card within 3 months which will need to be renewed every year. Is this correct and what other info do i need? Not moving until next summer so trying to be as prepared as i can possibly be.

Thanks in advance :)

Steph

Youssef11

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been asked before. I have looked through and most of the visa threads seem to be for uk. What exactly do i need to do for moving to Tunisia? I read somewhere that once i'm in tunisia i can apply for a sejour card within 3 months which will need to be renewed every year. Is this correct and what other info do i need? Not moving until next summer so trying to be as prepared as i can possibly be.

Thanks in advance :)

Steph
What to do if you are planning on living in Tunisia for longer than your vsa-free period, or longer than your visa allows?

US Citizens can stay in Tunisia for 4 months without a visa. UK citizens can stay 3 months without a visa.

If you plan to stay longer than those time frames, or longer than your visa allows, you have two options. You can either pay 10TND for each week you overstay your visit, or you can get a Carte de Sejour (Residence Card).

Here are the steps you need to go about getting a Carte de Sejour:

You must apply at the police station of the sector in which you reside for authorization (a Carte de Sejour) to stay. You will need to give them:
  • YOUR PASSPORT
  • 4 IDENTITY PHOTOS
  • DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE OF ACCOMMODATION Your rent agreement; the title deed to your own property; or a written statement from a Tunisian or local family who is putting you up
  • EVIDENCE OF YOUR MEANS OF SUPPORT Your employment contract if it mentions salary; a bank's statement of your account and/or transfer payments made to you in Tunisia; or your husband's statement or financial support for you as his wife - a fiance cannot write a statement of support for you
  • YOU WILL NEED TO TELL THEM WHY YOU WISH TO REMAIN IN TUNISIA Things they look for are: a contract of employment properly endorsed by the local authorities; a contract with a foreign employer and his company's legal status in Tunisia; and/or a contract of marriage with a Tunisian national or with a person who is resident here
  • YOU MUST PAY A 10TND FEE

Each sector has their own special rules (they may need a few extra things, or need a few less) so you really should check with them to get the full picture of what they want. If you are approved, you can pick your card up in about 3 months. This time also varies from sector to sector depending on how busy they are. This card does expire every year (mine expires every two, but this may be because I'm married?). Before it expires, all you have to do is take all your documents and renew it, or leave country before it expires. You can also cancel this card at any time. If you get this card, you and your whole family will have to pay the stamp fee in your passports every time you exit the country.

Stepharoo

Thank you Youssef :) Thats the information i have. Was wanting to double check as i've been looking at schools, houses, holidays, pet passports and working on my own business lol i know its still over a year away until i move but best to be prepared eh :) Thanks again :)

Essem

Staff member
Hi Steph,

It's an annual CDS for the first 5/6 years, then it's given on a 2 yearly basis twice and then a 5 year one. I'm just about to renew again and this time it should be for 5 years so will update when I know for sure.

Jane BM

Thank you Youssef :) Thats the information i have. Was wanting to double check as i've been looking at schools, houses, holidays, pet passports and working on my own business lol i know its still over a year away until i move but best to be prepared eh :) Thanks again :)
Sounds like an adventure!!! Lol

janette

The fee for visa extensions was increased to 20 dinars per person per week 3 years ago ---- to my horror i may add!

Stepharoo

Hi Steph,

It's an annual CDS for the first 5/6 years, then it's given on a 2 yearly basis twice and then a 5 year one. I'm just about to renew again and this time it should be for 5 years so will update when I know for sure.
Aww that would be great Essem :)

Stepharoo

Sounds like an adventure!!! Lol
Adventure indeed :) But who doesnt love an adventure!! Have to say though, i'm so looking forward to being back there in 7 weeks with my daughter for a wee holiday. She cried when we came home the last time lol

Stepharoo

The fee for visa extensions was increased to 20 dinars per person per week 3 years ago ---- to my horror i may add![/QUOTE
When is this used? Sorry if thats a silly question. Would it be if the renewal runs over and waiting on that to be done?

Trulymadlydeeply

How old is your daughter steph, will you be putting her in an Arabic school?

Stepharoo

She will be 11 when we move but i am hoping to either get her into one of the french schools as her french is really good and she is also doing an online advanced french course in preparation for the move or a private school. Still looking into schools tbh. Only arabic she knows is when she has messaged me when i've been over in tunisia saying 'twahachteck barcha. bousa kbira' lol so sweet :)