Certificate of No Impediment

nikki2009

thank you for your help, i am just so confused on what i should do i have read some things like i need a Certificate of no impediment but i dont no how i would attempt to get this.
i have looked on the relevant sites for the embassy and it all seems confusing if you could give me any more sites it will be a big help
thank you x

leilalou

hey nikki u need to go to ur register where u do marriage and birth and death and put in for the paper which u wil wait 3 weeks for n den the visa information is on here and on visa website x

Essem

Staff member
Hi nikki

This is the only site for all the information you need, it's all here - there is no other like it. I'm sure once some of the others come online, they'll be able to answer your questions no problem at all. A couple of the girls are marrying this coming year - Caley to name one - and she's going through the same as you will be. Hang on till later - you will receive lots of replies.

crazypink

CONI can be done at ur local registrar office, u need a new birth cert (usually no older than 21 days) which u can get jus b4 ur due to travel to marry, decree absolute if u hav been married b4.
You cant start the visa process until after u marry - unless u want to marry here then thats a whole new ball game!
x x x x x x x x x

nikki2009

i think we are going to get married there because his mom is not very well and she wants to go to the wedding, so if i go to the registary office 2morrow and ask of the certificate is there alot of paper work to fill in or would they give it me staright away, i have read that there is alot of paperwork involved, is this coming from the embasy in london. sorry to be so thick but i am so confused xx

Essem

Staff member
Hi Crazy

Can the Decree Absolute be the original one or does this have to be an up to date copy also?

nikki2009

thank you all, were do i get the paper work from could any one help with websites

nikki2009

i am not getting all of these messages so sorry if i am slow repling x

nikki2009

and if any of you could i am in the chat room if you would like to chat with me x

crazypink

Hi Essem,

Mine was the original...... they wud not accept a copy. Dnt no wot u wud do if u lost it??!!
x x x x x x x x x x x x x

crazypink

Its not our embassy - its wot they ask for to marry over there. They like everythin to be new or original. IE. birth cert new. U will both need passport fotos, doctors report (we didnt actually hav the blood tests done but had full doctors report signed by hubbys doctor), everythin had to be translated into french also.
x x x x x x x x x

nikki2009

i havent got a full birth certificate will that be a problem x

Mistle253

you just need to go to your registrar office and you can get a copy off the full birth certificate from them for £7.00 but remember to get this just before you go as it needs to be no older than 21 days. If you need anymore information, message me as I got married just 2 weeks ago in sousse. Good luck with everything as I know it can be very stressfull.

Delstar

Hi nikki, and welcome to the forum,

to get married in tunisia,

You will need a recent copy of your birth certificate, this should be obtained 21 days before you get married, You can make an appointment at your local registry office where you were born and go and collect it on the same day..

When you get to tunisia, this birth certificate would need to be translated to arabic or french.. this is a time sensitive thing, so plan your dates well to give you enough time..

You will need to get a CONI ( certificate of no impediment) this will need to be obtained from your local registry office, the certificate is valid for 3 months, once you give notice of this intended marriage to your registry office, they will issue you with a certificate after 21 DAYS..... this document you will have to take to the british embassy in tunis IN PERSON and have that translated to french.. The birth certificate can be translated by a local translator in tunisia and is a lot cheaper... the CONI HAS TO BE translated by the Embassy...

If you were married before you will need your certificate to say you are divorced.

You will need to have medical certificates issued by a Tunisian doctor to say you dont have any diseases, you can get them from a tunisian doctor and usually dont have to have any blood tests done..

And thats about it,

Your hubby to be should make an appointment with the registry.municipality where the marriage will take place, and they will give a list of what documents that are required...

sianperkins89

can i just asked something. i don't have a birth certificate, it was stolen years ago. so how would i get a new copy if i dont know what the old one looked like? do they have alll people on file? sorry if that is a really dumb question... and sorry 2 interrupt ur thread nikki :)

ROULLA

Hi nikki hope that you are in good health! I do not know where you live but i know that there is a place in Holburn in London where you go and get birth certificates from and the place is called Saint Catherines house...Its like a library you go in look through the books and they must come in say years, alphabetical order and you look up your date of birth , next to it there should be a number (say like argos) a seriel number ,you write the number down hand it to the receptionist,pay and then you get a copy straigt away,,,Hope that helps..Good luck in all that you do..Take care

[email protected]

this is not logical.after all it is a paper not diamont.the original maybe can't be found but i am sure they can give a copy.and it has to work,cause otherwise if you loose it does this means you don't exist?this goes for taxes ,too?

sianperkins89

i hope not!! coz its not my fault, it was stolen. :$

jacqui0414

i gave a copy that i got from local registrar office this is fine dont need the original