Certificate of No Impediment

mand3366

The original wouldnt suffice anyway, as it has to be dated no later than 21 days before the actual marriage ceremony takes place.

M x

ROULLA

nela said:
Not sure how is it in UK but in slovakia you cant get a new birth certificate...mum told me anyway. So if you loose your one which is basicaly original tough **** you cant get married.
Hi nela hope that you are in good health! Are you sure , there must be a place that you are able to get a copy of your birth certificate, after all if you need a passport surely you need to obtain a copy or your original birth certificate...I find it strange that you say that you cannot obtain a copy to tell you the truth...Their must be loads of people who have had their original stolen or misplaced, but i'm sure that they eventually got a copy so that they can get married..Take care..

Trulymadlydeeply

You must be able to google the info nela??? Im sure it will be Ok, maybe at one time it was hard to obtain so you were just told this so as not to lose it! :)

Trulymadlydeeply

So tired, tired of waiting, tired of waiting for yoooooooouu...........:D :D

(its a song nela, you are probably too young to know it, lol) xxxx

mand3366

Nikki,

Can I just ask how long you have been seeing your boyfriend/fiance and how many times have you actually met? Sorry if I seem nosey!

M xx

Trulymadlydeeply

I was only playing nela, we are all waiting for the wedding of the year, shall we get OK magazine on standby??? :)

Where is Niez I havent seen him on here for a while?? x

Trulymadlydeeply

I want a front row seat please :) make that 2, one for my son aswell. I hope you are both well x

Trulymadlydeeply

That would be a first nela, maybe you could hire one of the pirate boats???

Essem

Staff member
I'm sure it would be our own t.com 'Boat That Rocked' if we were all there.

I have a pedalo going cheap if you're interested???

Trulymadlydeeply

No Essem,dont get rid of the pedalo, not until I have Octosquid fished with you :D :D

The original "LOVE BOAT"

nikki2009

Nikki,

Can I just ask how long you have been seeing your boyfriend/fiance and how many times have you actually met? Sorry if I seem nosey!

M xx
i have been seeing him now for coming up 12 months i have been there 2 times and when i go back in november for the wedding it will be my 3rd time. we have had contact via the internet and by phone and post. would this be a problem x

nikki xxx:)

marhaba

Good luck =) x x

mand3366

Good Luck!

Am playing devils advocate now but do you really think you know him enough to marry him on the third time of meeting? I am not saying love at first sight doesnt happen, although very rarely! Spending a week or so on `holiday` is totally different to commiting to marriage and whilst I dont doubt your feelings for one moment, for him to propose on the second meeting, gives me a feeling he may have an ulterior motive.

Sorry if I sound negative but just dont like to see people getting hurt!

M x

Jenny

nela said:
Not sure how is it in UK but in slovakia you cant get a new birth certificate...mum told me anyway. So if you loose your one which is basicaly original tough **** you cant get married.
How different it is in all countries, even though we all belong to EU :) In sweden you have to get a new Birth Certificate every time you are supposed to do something, because changing adress, getting married, getting divorce, your fathers and mothers adress or if they are dead , if you have children under 18 everything is written at the birth certificate so it updates. Then we choose for what purpose we shall use the bc for and then they just put some information to it. We can order it over the net or the phone.

So my latest bc as I sent down to Tunisia for my divorce looks a bit strange because I choosed the purpose divorce and then it says unmarried at my bc, because I never registered it here.

[email protected]

nikki be very careful hun,cause mand has a very good point here.i hope everything will be right for you.
xxx

mand3366

Put it another way...........

I was very lucky in the fact I work as Cabin Crew so was able to see my then boyfriend on an almost weekly basis and arranged my roster so my days off were mainly in Tunisia as opposed to England. He had a good job and didnt live in the tourist areas.
After 3 years together I agreed to marriage as I couldnt see anyway of moving things forward unless he was able to visit the UK.
He was refused a visitors visa twice.
Within a week of him arriving in the UK I can honestly say it felt like I was with a complete stranger and within 3 weeks he had moved out to live with a cousin who I knew nothing about!!
I am the least gullible person you will ever meet, but he managed to fool me!
So please dont take it personally but try and take into context what I am saying.
If after approximately 36 visits (ranging from a couple of days to a couple of weeks) I truly thought I knew and trusted this person, getting married after 3 meetings is a huge risk and to be completely truthful, I can only see it ending in heartbreak for you.
I really wish I`d have listened to my intution as I always had a small doubt at the back of my mind, it would have saved me so much hurt, money and angst.

M xx

bobby g

Good Luck!

Am playing devils advocate now but do you really think you know him enough to marry him on the third time of meeting? I am not saying love at first sight doesnt happen, although very rarely! Spending a week or so on `holiday` is totally different to commiting to marriage and whilst I dont doubt your feelings for one moment, for him to propose on the second meeting, gives me a feeling he may have an ulterior motive.

Sorry if I sound negative but just dont like to see people getting hurt!

M x
I have to say I agree with what mand has said. I personally don't believe love at first sight is possible, an attraction to someone yes, but that is not to be confused with love, I think love grows over a period of time and comes from knowing, trusting and understanding the person as you know yourself. To agree to marry someone after only meeting him three times seems to me a little rash. Don't rush, after all if he truely wants to marry you for the right reasons he will wait untill you decide it is right for you.
Sorry if this sounds harsh it is only my opinion, I hope it works out for you. whatever you decide.

CarlyB

x

I'm in a similar situation so thought I would contribute to this discussion. I met my fiance last May and spent 4 days with him initally. I came back for week in July and again in October and when he proposed to me I decided to give up my job in the UK (civil service) and come and live with him for a year before we get married...to give us the chance to really know each other...warts and all. Its true that you cant know someone properly until you live with them. The holiday enviroment is very different to the daily grind but i think its the only way you can really know someone. You cant rush it...and it really does take time. If its meant to be then it will be, regardless. Its great to see your partner in every situation...with friends, worse for wear after one too many, family dramas, silly arguements....then you are in a great position to make a concise decision for yourself
x

Trulymadlydeeply

Yes I totally agree with you Mand, bobbyg and you carlyb, BTW welcome to t.com carlyb :)

Carlyb you were very lucky you had the opportunity to up and go to tunisia, I can understand why ladies marry quicker than they would normally, refusal of visitors visa, expensive trips/phonebills etc Sometimes it seems the only way to develop the relationship,yes it is the back to front way of doing things, and yes it will probably end in tears..... I wish you all the best in whatever you decide is best for you x

CarlyB

Thanks TMD! I must add it wasnt a decision I took lightly...especially with the global credit situation but faced with the decision of marrying someone, something that will be for the rest of my life, taking a year out to 'make sure' seemed like the right thing to do. If at all possible, I would highly recommend it. Watch this space...I'll definitely fill you in on how its all going with us even if it isnt pretty
x