Certificate of No Impediment

SEANITA

Zoster we didn't have an interview as such but we did have to go to the municipality werre we were spoken to for about an hour about marriage and all it entails. We basically gave in our papers got them stamped and then got taken to a wee room where this was done.

DebbieZebbes

HI zoster. No interview before marriage, but you do need to give your medical certificates in at the municipality too, along with the other papers you mention.

SEANITA

Maybe the sort of talk we were given doesn't happen everywhere as with most things in Tunisia varies from place to place!!! Anyway it wasn't like an exam so if you do get one don't worry!!

MellieC

just went along to the municipality to book the date was our experience and the rules had changed and we had to go to a notary instead LoL but no interview! I don't think there is 100% conformity in tunisia, not even 50% sometimes lol

best wishes to you both for your future

Soltef

just went along to the municipality to book the date was our experience and the rules had changed and we had to go to a notary instead LoL but no interview! I don't think there is 100% conformity in tunisia, not even 50% sometimes lol

best wishes to you both for your future

You are sometimes asked to see the head of your intended registry office to check everything is in order (especially your paperwork),prior to a regisry office ceremony.

Khaled Zaram

Wedding in Tunisia

I am flying out on 21 june to get married in sousse i am told the only papers i need are my birth cert,French and english, cert of non impediment, divorce certificate, passport is there anything else and what papers does he need as a tunisian national. Having spoken to the person who will conduct the ceremony we are told this is all we need however i want to check with someone who has been throught the process. Any advice appreciated.

MellieC

Hi, your birth cert in english and decreee absolute,get them translated into french in tunisia (not at the embassy they charge too much) your CONI will have to be translated at the embassy as it is the authorisation, and your passport which proves your identity.

he will need his birth certificate and ID card. We also had blood tests, I am not sure if this is still current, if you have a look through the weddings and visas section of the forum you will find a few married recently.
Where in Tunisia are you getting married?
congrats and best wishes to you both

suverny71

Hi
I didnt have an interiew, on the day we were ased into a room before we were married to ask how we wanted this, did we want to keep what we had before we were married or share - bit like a pre nup, then we went into the Municipality where everyone was waiting and the ceremony started, oh I also forgot the ring.. my mate had to nip back to the house for it, good job it was a minute away eh. U just need to attend the embassy to get the CNI translated, the others as people have said are translated outside where its cheaper, dont forget the papers from the doctor to say you have no diseases.

Good luck, may u be very happy. x x x

caley

Congrats Suverny!! xxx

Jasmine

The Drs certificate is still needed.

You may also need to give the names of the 2 witnesses when you go to book your date in with the registrar also.

Jenny

Khaled Zaram, congrats to the both of you :)

I'm happy to hear that you are back together again, since remembering your last post that the wedding was off. So it makes me very happy to hear about a happy ending! :):)

My best wishes and my you have a wonderful day and life together!

Jennyxxx

Trulymadlydeeply

Thanks Jenny, I was thinking the same thing. Congratulations on the wedding....:)

lizzie

more help please!

Reading over the paper work it says you have to have 21 clear days before the marriage, can previous time spent there this year be included or do you have to do 21 clear days from the date of arrival for the marriage? i am absolutley rubbish at paperwork so this is a true nightmare,can anyone help?

Mezoo

VIP Member
you have to have to have 21 clear days before the marriage
you want to know the definition of this statement,,right ?

caley

Do you want to marry in tunisia? You dont have to have 21 days in tunisia before marriage hun.....i was only there 3 days before i got married. xx

lizzie

Yes we will be getting married in tunis,in october i now know about getting the certificate of no inpediment here thanks to this site. i want quiet a lot of my family there so we are trying to sort the dates out and i was so gob smacked when i read the 21 days clear. its great to see that you were there just three days before, how long did you register the marriage before the big day?

caley

Hey Lizzie

Ok heres what i did...

about 2 months before i went out, i got my cert of non impediment......you have to go to your local registry office place and register that you want to get married etc...you give both your names and then you wait for 3 weeks....i think because youre in hampshire like me, it will go to winchester, like mine did and then after 21 days, they send it you in the post. hey presto.
About a week before i went, i telephoned the registy office in southampton and ordered a new copy of my birth certificate, because they need a new one in tunisia, its basically exactly the same as the one youre born with, but it has a different date on it, so if you request it on (for example 5th june) then it will be printed off, and will have '5th june' on the top of it, it just proves to tunisia that you didnt forge it, and that the info is still valid..........anyway, they can send you it in the post next day, first class or you can go and pick it up in town and it costs 7 quid.

Right, then i took a photocopy of it, and i also took my original birth certificate out with me, and the cert of non impediment too.... (just make sure you dont get your new birth cert anymore than about 2 weeks before you plan to marry because it cannot be more than 20 days old on the day you marry, god knows why...so its good to get it in the last week before you fly out)....

Anyway, also take a photocpy of your passport picture page too...as they sometimes want to keep this.

Then wen you arrive in tunisia, go to tunis, the embassy (if you arrive at the embassy at 8 in the morning, thats the best idea...because youll egt seen quickly) then you give to them the cert of non impediment and then you pay them 130 dinars and they will tell you 'come back after lunch, or come back tomorrow morning' and when you got back you get given a piece of paper, with yours and your blokes name on etc etc and then THIS is the paper you need on the day of marriage.

You may/may not need medical certs....depends, my guy actually did ours for us and included it all in the marriage ceremony fee.....we didnt even have to see a doctor...but anyway, you can go to most doctors and get the medical certs for about 15 dinar each....so no problems, you usualy just walk in and dont even have an examination, they just print it out for you, sign it and you pay.

Then on the day of your marriage, you will need
the piece of paper the embassy gave you
your passport
your medical cert
your up to date birth certificate

and your fella will need
his passport/ or identity card
his medical cert
and his birth cert

then.......its all done, you both sign, hey presto....done.

After about 4 or 5 days you get your marriage cert (we got given 2 in french and 2 in arabic) so i kept 2 and ahmed kept 2....i then went into hammamet and got the arabic one translated into english for 25 dinar....so when i came home, i had a french copy, and arabic copy and a certified english transation too......you dont need to get it translated in the embassy and you dont even need to go back to embassy after marriage.....your marriage certs are all the proof you need and your mariage is fully recognised in tunisia and in england.

Hope thats helps hun x x x x x

lizzie

Thanks so so much this has been a great help. x

K

Kassie

Reading over the paper work it says you have to have 21 clear days before the marriage, can previous time spent there this year be included or do you have to do 21 clear days from the date of arrival for the marriage? i am absolutley rubbish at paperwork so this is a true nightmare,can anyone help?

The 21 days are for the "no impediment" doc... hope this helps :D

xxx

MM4AS

about 2 months before i went out, i got my cert of non impediment......

x

hey caley, that's really clear how you've laid everything out.

I have a general query about the CONI. I'll probably only go out a couple of days before my wedding, so getting it translated at the embassy will be a nuisance. However, I'll be there about 2 months before the wedding. Is that too soon to get it translated? Does it have to be very recent like the birth certificate?