Certificate of No Impediment

aly.baba

can i getmyconi in tunisia.......or doesitneed be uk.....thankq

crazypink

Most get it in the UK as its easier and quicker to do this. You just need ur hubbys full name, job and address, also where and when the marriage will take place.

To get it in tunisia you will need to reside there for 3 weeks prior to the wedding.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

sianperkins89

can i just ask...did anyone else not have to give the name of the tunisian's parents?
i went for my appointment on monday, she asked my name, date of birth, occupation, address etc. same for fiancé. but she saw there was a section about fiancés parents names and she said we will skip that part. i wouldn't question it but she didn't seem to be to sure in what she was doing as she said she doesn't usually work in that department. just started thinking about it now, what if we do need the tunisian's parents names and she didn't put them??? i wouldn't be able to have the coni back in time! as i'm leaving in 3 weeks and 2 days....

ziggy1973

on the application form for settlement,, that i saw it was one of the questions,,not sure about,the one you are going for,, they wanted parents names,address dob,,ect,,, i think if it is on the form it means you should put the information in,,, otherwise why be one the form in the first place,,,,

Mrs H

can i just ask...did anyone else not have to give the name of the tunisian's parents?
i went for my appointment on monday, she asked my name, date of birth, occupation, address etc. same for fiancé. but she saw there was a section about fiancés parents names and she said we will skip that part. i wouldn't question it but she didn't seem to be to sure in what she was doing as she said she doesn't usually work in that department. just started thinking about it now, what if we do need the tunisian's parents names and she didn't put them??? i wouldn't be able to have the coni back in time! as i'm leaving in 3 weeks and 2 days....

Sian dont know if it is different in Scotland but I just looked at a copy of my CONI & all it has on it is - Both our names, d.o.b, nationality, country of birth, usual residence, marital status, date of proposed marriage & place of proposed marriage. We didnt even state the address we were getting married cos we didnt know at the time if we were getting married in the house or not so it just says Kasserine, Tunisia as place ofr marriage.

aljaye

Hi hun I didnt need to give the names of his parents..didnt know their full names til I saw them on my marriage cert lol!!!

MellieC

actually....my parents don't have the original and it was stolen.

my original was stolen ~ quickly followed by total "identity theft" but thats a different issue lol, the point is that your mum and dad registered your birth, so they shold be the obviousl ones to ask.

how the heck did you know that info?? lol. well it was june 1989...

the truth is out there LOL if i wanted to, I could take an hour or less, and come back with any brothers or sisters you have, your parents marriage, and their births and their parents ~ or at least i would have it narrowed down to a pretty good "possible" lol

have you ever watched on tv ~ "heir hunters" or "who do you think you are" ? THAT is "how the heck i know" lol

well you're right, i can't depend without the internet as i was born into the age of the internet so i am dependent on it and don't want to use more outdated methods when i have the internet at hand :) if the power cuts, i'll use the internet on my phone lol :p
the computer says naaaah? lol how many times have you, or as you get older you will, phone somewhere ~ go round and round an automated system, and get nowhere in the case of the DVLA, or when you eventually speak to a real person, they either tell you sorry can't help the screens are down ~ or its Ranjit in India and he's reading off the idiot card and if your query don't fit the card you are going nowhere LOL

there is summat to be said for "outdated methods" ~ like pens paper and filing systems, the computers should be additional tools, that help ~ and help quickly, i don't like machines being in control lol

like the visa system you can fill it in online ~ but you still gotta go there and take the "real" papers ~ i don't actually see the point of the online system ~ IF prior to peoples arrival the apps where checked, to a point where they could say that if the supporting docs confirm whats in the app the visa is granted ~ or from the app form say straight off its a NO, i could see the point, but as it is its just a system made up to use a service that adds to costs (worldbridge) and has no actual impact on the process overall ~ pointless system!! electronic paper shuffling for the sake of it!!!!

MellieC

that would depend firstly where you are, and where you will be at the time it would be issued, and whether or not you have a birth certificate that is also "recent".

if you are in tunisia and are NOT planning to return to the UK pre marriage, then the British Embassy (presuming you are a brit) would issue the CONI.

you should go a see the consular section, they can assist you and tell you where/when to get what.

MellieC

Sian,

parents names were not on mine, but that a while ago, but Nix has said the same, an hers was more recent ~ I doubt that it matters much, as for your purposes ~ you have to provide your details and he has to provide his ~ his will be via his birth cert, yours will be your birth cert and CONI, as his birth cert acts as his CONI as they have addittional info on thiers that we don't!

now you know LOL and thats not on google~ what a bummer LOL

janette b

i put all makrems parents details on ours but then when you get the translated one nothing ?????????????? so i wouldnt worry about it not being on there

scotty_bambam

hi all ,newbie here.
thanks for that advice.i went to the registry office today armed with my utility bill,only to be told that i was at the wrong place cos i paid my council tax in the next town.im hoping to get married in november,and im so scared of timings in case anything goes wrong.would arrive in monastir wed lunch time and go for blood tests same afternoon.then next day go to tunis.who wants to see the blood tests?
is it the embassy or the registrar/ and does my man need blood tests too? the more i read the more confused i get so would be really grateful for advice.xxx

crazypink

hi all ,newbie here.
thanks for that advice.i went to the registry office today armed with my utility bill,only to be told that i was at the wrong place cos i paid my council tax in the next town.im hoping to get married in november,and im so scared of timings in case anything goes wrong.would arrive in monastir wed lunch time and go for blood tests same afternoon.then next day go to tunis.who wants to see the blood tests?
is it the embassy or the registrar/ and does my man need blood tests too? the more i read the more confused i get so would be really grateful for advice.xxx
Hiya Scotty and welcome!!!

Rite........Blood tests are for the municipality or who-ever is marrying you. Both of you need blood tests done (some dnt have them done but a doctor will do a cert for you saying that they were done - your choice)

Along with your CONI you will need a new birth cert (the big one with ur parents names on) and that has to be less then 21 days old in most cases. So make sure you sort this in plenty of time to collect it.

Hope all goes well for your wedding :) Congratulations!!

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

FoxyRoxie89

Scotty- I picked up a birth cert form from registry office when I put my banns up I will go in few days before CONI is issued to request birth cert, the lady told me it will be £9 and shouldnt take any longer than a couple days, but I was born in the town I live in so may be a little different or a longer procedure if you werent born where you live?!

Also the translation of the CONI can take a whole day and you may have to go the next day to collect it if you dont get there early enough, just what I have been told.

nikki2009

To have your coni translated you have to take it to tunis and pay 179 tunisian dinar to have this done, it takes 24 hours, we got there at 9am and was told to come back the next day, the woman that was going to do the translation said to us that as she had no others to do that she would do it the same day and we could have it back in 4 hours, this was a bonus. I have just been through the whole lot so everything is fresh in my head if you wanna no anything else feel free to contact me

nikki

FoxyRoxie89

179 TND... :eek:

Most have paid alot less, and the consular fees said alot less last night too, or is a CONI 2pages?

crazypink

We paid about 179td - somewhere around that!! Its not cheap thats for sure. And the way things are going it will only go up.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

FoxyRoxie89

Is it a 2page document then as its said 46.30 per page on consular fees website?

nikki2009

no the CONI is only 1 page you hand them a blue page in english they give you back a green on in french!

it is very expensive but well worth it

FoxyRoxie89

Oh so I wonder where £46.30 turns to 179 tnd.... :confused: