Certificate of No Impediment

nikki2009

i have no idea but when i got there i was shocked i was like are you for real are u teking the ......... lol,

but no she was for real and i had to pay it before she would even look at it

crazypink

Sure if you look at the list on the website the CONI is written separately. Its always been expensive to translate at the embassy - thats why ppl only do what they have to there.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

MellieC

its not just that they are translating ~ the document you bring from the UK is not enough to get married overseas, its only the confirmation that notice was posted ~

the actual CONI is what the embassy provide. and with all overseas services they charge an arm and a leg cos they can cos you are buggered without it!!

Mrs H

Roxie,

Issuing a CONI is £64.80 which is about 140TND. This is what we paid back in March.

FoxyRoxie89

Yeah MrsH I was going to say even issuing a CONI is less than 179tnd...x

crazypink

Its not about issuing a CONI - its about translating a CONI. This is the ONE thing that you have to do at the embassy that CAN NOT be done anywhere else.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

FoxyRoxie89

I know and it says a certified translation is £46.30 a page, so what I was saying was I dont understand where the 179 tnd comes from even if they were charge you the higher price of issuing a CONI which is £64.80.

:confused:

Mizz Kinza

can someone who got married recently post a TRUE AMOUNT of what it cost please...

nothing is ever clear on the internet :S
*fumiiiinnnggg bride to be *

lol :D

FoxyRoxie89

Ok just back to double check

S says I need 4 documents.. 1 to say I can marry (CONI), 1 with parents names(BIRTH CERT), Something from Embassy to ok marriage (I guess this is what you get back with the translation of the CONI), and copy of my passport...

so does this sound right?

Mizz Kinza

i got told i only need a
coni
medical certificate from doctor in tunisia n
birth certificate with parents details....

this is nuts lol who knew it was so hard to verify details

MellieC

you will only get the accurate cot when you get to the embassy, there is a price increase in a few days

nikki2009

this is true for paper work kind ov but they dontt ell you everything you need, trust me i have just bin threw this and honestly im glad i was there for a month.

Yes you need a CONI
Yes you need a Full Birth certificate
Yes you need a Medical Certificate

what they dont tell you is.
You need a copy of your passport
you need i think 2 passport sized photos
you need a copy of your non tunisian witness(s) passport
a copy of you Tunisian witness(s) National ID Card

and i think but i only think that is it!

i can provide more info if u like

MellieC

some of those things are for the guy to organise/arrange, not the bride ~ witness details etc.

fotos and fotocopies are easy to do in tunisia

nikki2009

tru but it is something for the bride to kick the guys bum into remembering lol :)

Mrs H

Ok just back to double check

S says I need 4 documents.. 1 to say I can marry (CONI), 1 with parents names(BIRTH CERT), Something from Embassy to ok marriage (I guess this is what you get back with the translation of the CONI), and copy of my passport...

so does this sound right?
Roxie we had this confusion too when we got married in Kasserine. First of all they wanted the coni to be in arabic, told them to go away (but not so nicely), then they asked for a cert to show I was single :rolleyes:, took us 10 mins to explain that the coni was the document that said that I was single & free to marry. We did have to show them my passport & they took a copy of it. Your witnesses have to be male & over 21 so if you are having Tunisians then they will have to show their id cards. We didnt have to give them passport photos & we also didnt have to have blood tests (it was sorted somehow..if you know what I mean.. I just dont ask any questions :rolleyes:)

FoxyRoxie89

Roxie we had this confusion too when we got married in Kasserine. First of all they wanted the coni to be in arabic, told them to go away (but not so nicely), then they asked for a cert to show I was single :rolleyes:, took us 10 mins to explain that the coni was the document that said that I was single & free to marry. We did have to show them my passport & they took a copy of it. Your witnesses have to be male & over 21 so if you are having Tunisians then they will have to show their id cards. We didnt have to give them passport photos & we also didnt have to have blood tests (it was sorted somehow..if you know what I mean.. I just dont ask any questions :rolleyes:)
Yeah see this was the confusion last night, S said the municipality told him he doesnt need to translate as long as I have the paper with my mum and dads name on... thats just odd! lol

but I do need something from the embassy to say i can marry, so I am either thinking thats confusion with the CONI as they issue the translated one, or they also give you something else with the translated paper!

I said to S we need blood tests the other day, and I said but some people say there doctors just give the ok, without actually doing them.. I was just saying and he said I dont mind doing the tests I had 100 when I had my accident I know I am ok.. so we'll see whether we end up having them done!

I didnt know about the passport copy till S said last night but as mel said I also said to him well copies we can do in tunisia, not important right now!

So I could have my mum and aunty as witnesses, and he can have his father ? I think its 2 females to a male isnt it? I might mention this to him as it would make my mum feel abit more important too!

Aw Mel really, everytime I tell him how much it costs for the translation at the embasy I tell him different, I told him just over 100tnd, then the girls on here said 179tnd and now its going to be even higher he is going to think I am messing with him.. but I have to make sure he has enough money on him!

When I put my banns up the registrar gave me a TUNISIAN DESK number, to find out your rights etc when marrying there. its in my other bag I will post that when I get it.. maybe be helpful to others?!

tblueyez

hi it is 179tnd i rang last week and the woman tell me thats how much it is,it will prob go up nxt week lol..

Mrs H

Yeah see this was the confusion last night, S said the municipality told him he doesnt need to translate as long as I have the paper with my mum and dads name on... thats just odd! lol

You will need to translate the coni & birth certificate.

but I do need something from the embassy to say i can marry, so I am either thinking thats confusion with the CONI as they issue the translated one, or they also give you something else with the translated paper!

The coni is the paper that says you are single cos we dont have that on our birth certificates.

I said to S we need blood tests the other day, and I said but some people say there doctors just give the ok, without actually doing them.. I was just saying and he said I dont mind doing the tests I had 100 when I had my accident I know I am ok.. so we'll see whether we end up having them done!

I didnt know about the passport copy till S said last night but as mel said I also said to him well copies we can do in tunisia, not important right now!

So I could have my mum and aunty as witnesses, and he can have his father ? I think its 2 females to a male isnt it? I might mention this to him as it would make my mum feel abit more important too!

It has to be 2 male witnesses, we had to have his dad I his BIL

Aw Mel really, everytime I tell him how much it costs for the translation at the embasy I tell him different, I told him just over 100tnd, then the girls on here said 179tnd and now its going to be even higher he is going to think I am messing with him.. but I have to make sure he has enough money on him!

When I put my banns up the registrar gave me a TUNISIAN DESK number, to find out your rights etc when marrying there. its in my other bag I will post that when I get it.. maybe be helpful to others?!
I wouldnt worry about it too much cos everything will work out in the end & I'm sure you will have the best day of your life.

Noticed that embassy now has a list of sworn translators on their website.

FoxyRoxie89

Yeah I noticed that MrsH is that to go to for CONI or for other things like birth cert?

Mrs H

Yeah I noticed that MrsH is that to go to for CONI or for other things like birth cert?
No CONI will have to be done by the embassy but dont get birth cert done there cos they are so expensive. Its a lot cheaper to get it done by someone else.