Certificate of No Impediment

Jane BM

English test, just another money making scam in my opinion, millions of people flood over to the UK and cant speak or understand a word of English and have no intention of.
Should have been brought in years and years ago.....and if they consider it so important that everyone speaks the language (which I agree with), then why isn't it across the board...ie EVERYONE WHO COMES TO LIVE IN THE UK NEEDS TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE LANGUAGE....however not so....groan....

Trulymadlydeeply

English test, just another money making scam in my opinion, millions of people flood over to the UK and cant speak or understand a word of English and have no intention of.
Quite agree Jane should be completely across the board,old and young alike. Nothing annoys me more than having to wait even longer in my doctors surgery while everything is being translated :( Would we get the same help in foreign lands?, I think not!!!

Reba1986

Should have been brought in years and years ago.....and if they consider it so important that everyone speaks the language (which I agree with), then why isn't it across the board...ie EVERYONE WHO COMES TO LIVE IN THE UK NEEDS TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE LANGUAGE....however not so....groan....
Agreed, EU people aren't required to take it so its pretty pointless in my eyes, and I know of quite a few who still cant speak or understand English much and passed this test so again....

Marie1959

Children in schools, hospitals etc translating to their parents bugs the life out of me if the parent has something wrong with them its not up to the child to tell them and if the child is not good or as problems at school they are not going to translate correctly everyone should have to speak the language of the country they go to live at so they can communicate.

Essem

Staff member
Just the other day heard about Asian woman who signed on for JSA and couldn't speak andy English so her daughter had to go with her while she did so.

The clerk asked how could she expect to work if she didn't speak a word of English.

Clerk asked when she was going to learn to speak English and the daughter said 'you don't expect my mum to learn English at her age do you'!!!

JSA has now been withdrawn.

Trulymadlydeeply

I could never live in another country and not learn the language. First of all I find that ignorant, second it would pi*s me the hell off not knowing what was going on/being said!!!

sophie25

Which english test do they do? How much does it cost to take it?

Jane BM

Which english test do they do? How much does it cost to take it?
If you check the UKBA website it tells you which English tests are acceptable...there are a few threads on here as well about it. There is the KETS test and the IELTS test. Also if you go on the British Council website it gives you all the info and dates as well....

sophie25

If you check the UKBA website it tells you which English tests are acceptable...there are a few threads on here as well about it. There is the KETS test and the IELTS test. Also if you go on the British Council website it gives you all the info and dates as well....
:) thanx janebm

gemmak

Hello

From people's experiences, is it easier / better to get my certificate of no impediment and birth certificate etc translated before going to tunisia for our wedding, or to do this over there? x

Jane BM

Hello

From people's experiences, is it easier / better to get my certificate of no impediment and birth certificate etc translated before going to tunisia for our wedding, or to do this over there? x
Your CONI must be translated at the British Embassy in Tunis so you can't get that done here, also as your birth certificate needs to be less than 3 weeks old you're better just taking your original with you and getting it done there, it's a fraction of the cost as well.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
There are different types of translators.

Translators and court certified ones the latter can translate documents that can be used in court in Tunisia.

In towns there are quotas in each language ergo only x can do english > Arabic and others french >arabic.

If you looking for a certified translator you you can send documents to then drop an email to Ramzi in Bizerte who is the court translator for English > Arabic.

He has an office near the town hall and I can recommend him and have known him for years.

Ramzi DHAOUADI
Translator-Sworn Interpreter
Judicial District of the 1st Instance Court of Bizerte
Address :Rue d’Algerie,55,Bizerte 7000 ,Tunisia
Tel/Fax :00216 72 432 729
Email: [email protected]

Jane BM

Translators and court certified ones the latter can translate documents that can be used in court in Tunisia.

In towns there are quotas in each language ergo only x can do english > Arabic and others french >arabic.

If you looking for a certified translator you you can send documents to then drop an email to Ramzi in Bizerte who is the court translator for English > Arabic.

He has an office near the town hall and I can recommend him and have known him for years.

Ramzi DHAOUADI
He did all our translations as well!!

gemmak

Ramzi DHAOUADI
Thank you so much for this help. I have my CONI, i need to get the new copy of my birth certificate, and also have a change of surname deed to translate

gemmak

I now have my Certificate of no Impediment and ordered a copy of my birth certificate.
My fiance thinks i need to book an appointment at the British embassy about our paperwork before our wedding but im unsure what this appointment would be for or how to arrange it? Can anyone help?

Jasmine

You dont need an appointment, you just turn up at the Embassy. Its to translate your Cert of No Imped (CONI) into french or arabic. This is the only paper that must be translated at the Embassy, the others can be done locally in Tunisia.

Be aware that they MAY ask you to come back the next day to collect the translation.

Jane BM

If you don't want to potentially make two trips to the Embassy then you can scan and email your CONI to them from the UK before you go, just put a covering note in with it. You can then arrange when to collect it translated from the embassy.

Chez125

Hi all - I recently contacted the embassy in Tunis who confirmed I can email them my CONI certificate prior to my arrival in Tunisia so will just need to go and pick up the translated copy saving me another journey to Tunis which is good. However, can any of you give me a name of a translator in the PEK or Sousse area as I will need to babe my birth certificate translated as well enforce my wedding on 3 January. My timeline is pretty tight as I fly out (with my birth certificate) on 19 December.

Essem

Staff member
Hi Chez

Sousse:

G. Ben Abdeslem 10, Rue Haffouz
FORTIS Linguistique 4000 Sousse-Trocadero
Tel.: 73/226.820
Fax: 73/229.624

Mahmoud Nabli Avenue Leopold Senghor
Hermes Traduction Diagonale SELTENE
4000 Sousse
Tel./Fax: 73/220.501

Salem EL KEBIR 12, Av. Habib Thameur
Vereidigter Ãœbersetzer Arab., Frz., Deutsch 4000 SOUSSE, B.P 421
73.490.792 / 98 592.650

[email protected] Interactives
Neji BEN SASSI Route de Tunis, La Menchia
Dipl. Ãœbersetzer fur Deutsch u.Franz./Arab. A cote de la Banque du Sud
4011 Hammam - Sousse
Tel./Fax: 73 366 870
Mobil : 97 453 061
E-mail: [email protected]
Internet: Language school in Tunisia Sprachschule in Tunesien Ecole de langues en Tunisie

X

xBx

Hi ,
just wondering if someone can help me, my marriage certificate, does this need to be translated at the british embassay for a uk visa application?